If DC beats Jones

That'd make them 1-1. He'd still be the greatest of his division I must be missing something, is there a GOAT candidate that doesn't have a loss?

Jones second round TKO . He is in Cormiers head , even while Jon was gone thats all Cormier talked about. Jones is stronger and knows what Cormier has to offer physically and i havent seen Cormier improve that much . Jones is younger and more athletic . Bones in devastating fashion no question about it

Brief? He has won 9 consecutive title fights.

He did that all in a few short years. It would take most a career to accomplish that. He ran hard and was fighting 4 times a year during his run. He's not a guy that I think you are going to see lasting 15 years in the sport.

It would be one of the greatest victories in MMA history.

We'll get it right when you emerge from your mom's basement. Over 500 posts in less than 2 weeks? What the hell is wrong with you, go get some friends.
Doesn't take a lot of effort to write a post if you didn't now, look at you being a salty bitch because you're wrong.

No, just no in every conceivable way. Even if he loses to DC, which would make them 1-1, he would still be, by a large margin, the LHW GOAT. In terms of Jones being forced to move up weight to be considered GOAT, that is ridiculous. Did GSP have to change weight classes to be considered GOAT? Was Anderson ever anything other than the MW GOAT? So why would Bones have to move weight classes to satisfy you? Its unrealistic.

Agree. I am no fan of Jones, but he for sure is the LHW GoAT. And a strong argument can be made that he's the overall GoAT, IMO. If he comes back and dominates again then I think that pretty much cements it.

He did that all in a few short years. It would take most a career to accomplish that. He ran hard and was fighting 4 times a year during his run. He's not a guy that I think you are going to see lasting 15 years in the sport.

Well, if he has a GSP type career and he retires at 32 then he has about 4 more years of fights, at twice a year that is 8 fights. Think of it this way, if he won all 8 of those fights he would retire young at 32 and be 17-0 in title fights.

Doesn't take a lot of effort to write a post if you didn't now, look at you being a salty bitch because you're wrong.

Haha, ok man. You keep avoiding sunlight, and I'll keep doing things like talking to girls and going outside.

Haha, ok man. You keep avoiding sunlight, and I'll keep doing things like talking to girls and going outside.
I'm in my backyard right now! That sounds so childish hahaha, are you ok little guy???

No, just no in every conceivable way. Even if he loses to DC, which would make them 1-1, he would still be, by a large margin, the LHW GOAT. In terms of Jones being forced to move up weight to be considered GOAT, that is ridiculous. Did GSP have to change weight classes to be considered GOAT? Was Anderson ever anything other than the MW GOAT? So why would Bones have to move weight classes to satisfy you? Its unrealistic.

1) You're reasoning backwards. Just because there were people who didn't know what "GOAT" means when GSP was champ or when Anderson was champ doesn't make it right to misuse the term for Jones, too.
GSP was never more than the WW GOAT and Anderson was never more than the MW GOAT.
Dozens of larger fighters would have whipped their asses 9 or 10/10.

2) If Cormier wins convincingly, they both have 1 loss ever to each other, with Cormier's win being better.
(And Jones is in his physical prime, while Cormier is past his.)

If Jones loses, I'd still consider him the LHW GOAT and I'd really look forward to a rubber match.

But I'm more interested in the HW division implications of the fight. If Jones loses, I see that rubber match happening, so not much effect on the HW division immediately.

But if Jones wins, then what?

Does Cormier go back to heavyweight (since Cain has been so inactive and injury prone, there could be room for both there)?

Does Jones move up since he's cleaned out the division (though a match with Rumble has appeal)?

Sure, if Jones loses to DC he's not the GOAT...but he's gonna win convincingly so he is the GOAT.

Don't reflect on an entire career whatever you do.
Cain was the #2 HW with 10fights everyone said

If DC wins, it will be a footnote in Jone's legacy.
Jones isn't done in this sport and many great things lie ahead.
The HW title, for one thing.
GSP lost, and his legacy is intact.
Everyone loses, nature of the sport.

I'm in my backyard right now! That sounds so childish hahaha, are you ok little guy???

I'm good. I'm glad my nagging inspired you to get out of the house. Keep posting, that'll show me.

Fedor lost to Werdum, Big Foot and Hendo. Anderson lost to Takase, Chonan, and Weidman. GSP lost to Hughes and Serra. All of these fighters are still in the GOAT debate.

Losing to a great fighter like Daniel Cormier would not eliminate Jon Jones from the discussion.

Jones is not the GOAT and never will be, as long as he remains at LHW.

He is currently the LHW GOAT, but if he loses Cormier, unless it's very close, then it's hard to keep calling him that, either.
Just curious if Jones does lose to Cormier who would you consider LHW goat.

That'd make them 1-1. He'd still be the greatest of his division I must be missing something, is there a GOAT candidate that doesn't have a loss?
7685622.jpg

Imagine this guy smashing RDA or Conor. Instant GOAT talks. He would also be an unreal match for GSP if he comes back.

Back