If DC beats Jones

RedSoul

Invisible Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
And I do realize that's a BIG if...

But if DC does beat Jones, do we still consider Jones the GoAT? If we don't then who is?

He will still be one of the greats because of his past acheivements. The guy beat Bader, Shogun, Rampage, and Rashad when he was 23 for goodness sake.

I'd consider gsp the goat at that point and if conor continues his streak than he'll take over at some point.

IF DC wins, it'll be because jones caused another DQ, he's overdue for another DQ loss.

It isn't a big if. The first fight was 3 to 2.

I don't consider him the GOAT right now.

There have been a number of fighters who people say GOAT to at their prime.

Anyone who goes on long enough eventually loses.

Wait until the tail end of his career to decide.

He'll be considered the Mike Tyson of the UFC. A brief but devastating run that was cut short by problems outside of the sport and never could reclaim his past glories.

Some guys just aren't meant for the long haul. They burn bright and fade away.

Jones will commit some crime and be pulled from his fight. I wish I could bet on this outcome, but I don't know of any bookies taking bets on Jones' criminal behavior

It isn't a big if. The first fight was 3 to 2.

Yeah, I hear you. I also think the first fight was pretty close and that DC has a better chance than people think. But I phrased it that way to stop the 100 auto "JONES DOMINATED DC" replies that would have followed if I just said DC has a decent chance.

Yeah, I hear you. I also think the first fight was pretty close and that DC has a better chance than people think. But I phrased it that way to stop the 100 auto "JONES DOMINATED DC" replies that would have followed if I just said DC has a decent chance.

Pretty much.

A domination is a Sherk Florian 50-45 or GSP Fitch 50-44 or 50-43.

A 48-47 is hardly a domination.

Jones is not the GOAT and never will be, as long as he remains at LHW.

He is currently the LHW GOAT, but if he loses Cormier, unless it's very close, then it's hard to keep calling him that, either.

And I do realize that's a BIG if...

But if DC does beat Jones, do we still consider Jones the GoAT? If we don't then who is?
If DC beats Jones, half the forum will make excuses while the other half talks about how he's washed up now and was never that good anyway.

He'll be considered the Mike Tyson of the UFC. A brief but devastating run that was cut short by problems outside of the sport and never could reclaim his past glories.

Brief? He has won 9 consecutive title fights.

wise words, shidoshi.

If DC beats Jones, half the forum will make excuses while the other half talks about how he's washed up now and was never that good anyway.

That seems pretty accurate. MMA fans in general (and Sherdoggers in particular) are zealots and love them some revisionist history.

It was 49-46 get it right.

We'll get it right when you emerge from your mom's basement. Over 500 posts in less than 2 weeks? What the hell is wrong with you, go get some friends.

Jones is not the GOAT and never will be, as long as he remains at LHW.

He is currently the LHW GOAT, but if he loses Cormier, unless it's very close, then it's hard to keep calling him that, either.

No, just no in every conceivable way. Even if he loses to DC, which would make them 1-1, he would still be, by a large margin, the LHW GOAT. In terms of Jones being forced to move up weight to be considered GOAT, that is ridiculous. Did GSP have to change weight classes to be considered GOAT? Was Anderson ever anything other than the MW GOAT? So why would Bones have to move weight classes to satisfy you? Its unrealistic.

Not even close, the only similarities would be their immature behavior outside of their careers. We are yet to see the Tyson of the UFC. On another note I don't think DC winning is as far fetched as most and will be picking him to win the rematch. WAR DC!

Back