If DC beats Jones

7685622.jpg

Imagine this guy smashing RDA or Conor. Instant GOAT talks. He would also be an unreal match for GSP if he comes back.

It would be very impressive for sure.

It isn't a big if. The first fight was 3 to 2.

49-46 on all three scorecards, and most unofficial scorecards. People need to stop parroting their opinions like they are facts. Doesn't matter if YOU thought it was 3-2, it was not.

49-46 on all three scorecards, and most unofficial scorecards. People need to stop parroting their opinions like they are facts. Doesn't matter if YOU thought it was 3-2, it was not.

However, regardless of scores, the fight was also one of many available examples of how the current scoring system sucks.

While it's very conceivable for a reasonable person to have scored it 49-46 by round, that completely misrepresents the competitiveness/uncompetitiveness of the match.

However, regardless of scores, the fight was also one of many available examples of how the current scoring system sucks.

While it's very conceivable for a reasonable person to have scored it 49-46 by round, that completely misrepresents the competitiveness/uncompetitiveness of the match.
I'm just tired of people out and out lying to try to make their point seem more legit. It wasn't a 48-47, no judge scored it a 48-47. If a point is valid you don't need to lie to back it up.

Were the rounds close, sure. I think most people would agree on that. The rounds being fairly close doesn't change that Jones won 4 rounds to 1, and yes that's a dominant decision win. Dominant doesn't always mean a 10-8 every round, or 2 knockdowns a round. Many GSP decisions were considered dominant wins, where he never put a scratch on the guy.

Winning 4 out of 5 rounds while never being in any danger IS a dominant win. dominant =/= complete ass whuppin.

I'm just tired of people out and out lying to try to make their point seem more legit. It wasn't a 48-47, no judge scored it a 48-47. If a point is valid you don't need to lie to back it up.

I think you've mistaken me with the other person you're talking to.

Were the rounds close, sure. I think most people would agree on that. The rounds being fairly close doesn't change that Jones won 4 rounds to 1, and yes that's a dominant decision win. Dominant doesn't always mean a 10-8 every round, or 2 knockdowns a round. Many GSP decisions were considered dominant wins, where he never put a scratch on the guy.

Winning 4 out of 5 rounds while never being in any danger IS a dominant win. dominant =/= complete ass whuppin.

Scratches or no scratches, typical GSP wins were not all close or losing rounds. They were usually him being practically untouched while completely controlling his opponent and spending most of the fight in top position.

"4 to 1" by itself is meaningless, which is my whole point about how the scoring system sucks.
4 very close 10-9 rounds is not at all dominant
4 not very close 10-9 rounds can be genuinely dominant
The current system totally fails at accurately measuring closeness.

All but the eyepoke round in Jones-Cormier were close and the end result was not at all dominant.

We'll get it right when you emerge from your mom's basement. Over 500 posts in less than 2 weeks? What the hell is wrong with you, go get some friends.
I like the use of the word emerge here. Don't know why, but it makes this funnier.

I think you've mistaken me with the other person you're talking to.

Scratches or no scratches, typical GSP wins were not all close or losing rounds. They were usually him being practically untouched while completely controlling his opponent and spending most of the fight in top position.

"4 to 1" by itself is meaningless, which is my whole point about how the scoring system sucks.
4 very close 10-9 rounds is not at all dominant
4 not very close 10-9 rounds can be genuinely dominant
The current system totally fails at accurately measuring closeness.

All but the eyepoke round in Jones-Cormier were close and the end result was not at all dominant.

People are using 48-47 to make it seem like the title came close to changing hands. When the scorecards were read NOBODY thought DC was winning, not even him or his camp.

Again yes the rounds were relatively close, but Jones won 4 of them to 1. Very close to a shut out. It's not as dominant as whupping someone's ass for 5 rounds, but he won most of the rounds in the fight and did so clearly. That's a dominant decision, there's a wide spectrum of what a dominant win is, and that spectrum includes dominant decisions where one guy clearly wins 4/5 rounds while never looking close to being in danger. I would agree there are other decisions that were far more dominant though.

I don't consider him the GOAT right now.

There have been a number of fighters who people say GOAT to at their prime.

Anyone who goes on long enough eventually loses.

Wait until the tail end of his career to decide.
Pretty much. I view GSP as the GOAT, though I don't want to detract from everything Jones has achieved.

Jones isn't called the GOAT just to lose a rematch to DC where he already won.

DC will not beat Jones.
Whether or not Jones remains goat depends on the future of DJ and McGregor.

Well currently I have him...

1. Fedor
2. GSP
T-3. Silva
T-3. Jones

So if he loses, he'll just be at #4, imo.

Question should also be if DC wins where does he stand?

IF DC wins, it'll be because jones caused another DQ, he's overdue for another DQ loss.

Prepare to be shooked, I personally wont since I have DC beating Jones. Jones aint this invisible dude everyone makes him out to beat and DC will prove that. He has learned from his defeat and I believe he will trust his striking more this time instread of thinking he is superior to Jones in the grappling department.

Prepare to be shooked, I personally wont since I have DC beating Jones. Jones aint this invisible dude everyone makes him out to beat and DC will prove that. He has learned from his defeat and I believe he will trust his striking more this time instread of thinking he is superior to Jones in the grappling department.
doubt it... dc has nothing for jones. jon uses all weapons. dc has only 2 weapons, his hands and wrestling. which he couldnt even wrestle with jon the first time.

It isn't a big if. The first fight was 3 to 2.
People are getting the same way with Weidman vs Rockhold. They think just because there was a finish involved that it was a bell to bell domination. Seems most here have a pretty bad memory for fights, or just straight up didn't watch them and just look at fight finder results.

I'm just curious to see what sober Jones looks like

Pretty much. I view GSP as the GOAT, though I don't want to detract from everything Jones has achieved.

Jon has looked great. We'll see, though.

I don't think GSP is ever coming back and he left at the perfect time.

The only knock GSP has are a loss to Hughes and Serra and a controversial decision to Hendricks.

He wrecked Hughes twice and crushed Serra, so those hold little weight.

I see GSP Hendricks equivalent to Jones vs. Gus was to Jon.

Even though I would like to say Fedor, my more objective opinion would be GSP for the above reasons and because he dominated almost everyone he ever fought, which was always top contenders.

Back