If DC beats Jones

Jon has looked great. We'll see, though.

I don't think GSP is ever coming back and he left at the perfect time.

The only knock GSP has are a loss to Hughes and Serra and a controversial decision to Hendricks.

He wrecked Hughes twice and crushed Serra, so those hold little weight.

I see GSP Hendricks equivalent to Jones vs. Gus was to Jon.

Even though I would like to say Fedor, my more objective opinion would be GSP for the above reasons and because he dominated almost everyone he ever fought, which was always top contenders.
Quality post

He's not sitting comfortably at #1 right now (has a strong case, but not the indisputable GOAT like Fedor was when he was undefeated) so if he loses to DC I think he def. falls behind Fedor and GSP.

It isn't a big if. The first fight was 3 to 2.
Pretty much.

A domination is a Sherk Florian 50-45 or GSP Fitch 50-44 or 50-43.

A 48-47 is hardly a domination.
49-46 on all cards. It was competitive sure but you cannot give DC more than round 2. Only round dominate was Round 4.

Well currently I have him...

1. Fedor
2. GSP
T-3. Silva
T-3. Jones

So if he loses, he'll just be at #4, imo.
0/10.
Better List.
5.Jose Aldo
4.Anderson Silva
3. Fedor
2. Jon Jones
1. GSP

If he lost to DC, He still consider LHW GOAT..

Everybody is to confident in Jons Win, but while Jons was sniffing coke and dealing with the justice, DC was kicking Anthony Johnson and Gustafson ass. DC train to fight those monsters and obliously improve. I would put my money on DC.

IF DC wins, it'll be because jones caused another DQ, he's overdue for another DQ loss.

DC has all the tools to easily beat Jones. Jones added to much muscle and I think it will be his downfall. I look forward to DC beating the fuq out of him for a stoppage on the ground.

I think he still would be, with the third fight ultimately deciding it. Honestly if DC beats him twice in a row he'd put himself in the GOAT discussion.

ask dc
ask gus
ask glover
ask sonnen
ask rashad
ask rampage
ask vera
ask belfort
ask machida
ask shogun
ask the janitor
ask bonnar
ask brien

Even though Cruz has defeated DJ? Their resumes are very similar. Both have two wins over Benavidez.

I'd like to see those two fight again. The way I'm remembering it, DJ was tapping Cruz up on the feet, and Cruz had to use his size advantage to wrestlefuck DJ to win. DJ was also fighting in a weight class that was too big for him because his current class did not exist.

I'd pick DJ in the rematch. Cruz is quality, though. He really is a good fighter.

I think he still would be, with the third fight ultimately deciding it. Honestly if DC beats him twice in a row he'd put himself in the GOAT discussion.

Yeah, DC could elevate into the discussion even with a dominant win in the rematch. DC has an impressive resume, has fought and beaten much bigger guys, and if he avenged his only loss then you could make a good case for him.

Jones is not the GOAT and never will be, as long as he remains at LHW.

He is currently the LHW GOAT, but if he loses Cormier, unless it's very close, then it's hard to keep calling him that, either.
So he cant be the GOAT just because hes never fought at HW?

If DC beats Jones, half the forum will make excuses while the other half talks about how he's washed up now and was never that good anyway.
And the silent majority will be thinking... this is going to make a great triolgy

And I do realize that's a BIG if...

But if DC does beat Jones, do we still consider Jones the GoAT? If we don't then who is?
LHW GOAT? Yeah. Jones is not GOAT, so win or lose he still isn't. He could be though some day.

So he cant be the GOAT just because hes never fought at HW?

This shouldn't even be a question.

You can't be the greatest home run hitter of all time if you only played in the minors and never the major league.
You can't be the greatest QB of all time if you only played in college and never the NFL.

Yes, the ability gap in these two examples is larger than the ability gap between HW and LHW, but regardless, there is still a gap.

You can't be the greatest MMA fighter of all time if you're not facing the biggest and best.

This shouldn't even be a question.

You can't be the greatest home run hitter of all time if you only played in the minors and never the major league.
You can't be the greatest QB of all time if you only played in college and never the NFL.

Yes, the ability gap in these two examples is larger than the ability gap between HW and LHW, but regardless, there is still a gap.

You can't be the greatest MMA fighter of all time if you're not facing the biggest and best.
Thats a ridiculous statement. Your comparing college to light heavyweight and HW to NFL? lol. The competition is actually better at LHW these days. Just face it , jones is the GOAT.

LHW GOAT? Yeah. Jones is not GOAT, so win or lose he still isn't. He could be though some day.

I have seen many posters here claim that he is, in fact, the GoAT.

Personally, I think GSP is the GoAT. But I'm trying to have a conversation.

Back