If Cormier beats Gus, do u give him any chance against Bones in a second time?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Idk, i just dont see him beating Jon Jones... It would be better for him to go back to heavyweight in case Cain loses a second time to Werdum. Just my toughts...

I agree.

I don't see anyone beating Jones. I'd even favour him against Werdum.

I think Cormier was better at HW, had more power and would like to see him back regardless of whatever.

I don't see anyone currently beating Jones at LHW.

Yea, Jones could come back rusty in which case Cormier could win; he didn't do that bad in their first match. Just look at how flaccid Cain looked in his last match.

Maybe if Jones has ring rust

This is the correct answer! I expect DC to beat Gus. Does anyone know if jones has been training? If jones didn't get in trouble with the law and was still fighting I would still favor jones. Now I'm not sure.

He will need to do more than this.

Daniel%2BCormier%2BSlams%2BJon%2BJones%2BUFC%2B182.gif

and avoid these if possible:
Jon%2BJones%2BEye%2BPokes%2BDaniel%2BCormier%2BUFC%2B182.gif

i agree with ts. i think jones beats cormier 1000 times out of 1000. or infinity times out of infinity times really.

Now assuming DC beats Gus and jones doesn't go to jail I think the long layoff for jones makes jones vs DC II more interesting. While jones has been dealing with legal issues, DC will have been training and fought and 2 of the best fighters at 205 in gus and rumble .

Of course DC has a chance. Really he did better than anyone other than Gus.

I just would heavily favor Jones. That's esp. with Jones and his camp now knowing with certainty that the wrestling advantage is on their side and how to exploit DC's vulnerability to body shots.

Of course DC has a chance. Especially against a clean Jones with short fingernails who doesn't exhibit those bizarre t/e ratios that the UFC chose to ignore.

Nah. Jones showed just how dominantly he could beat DC and I was rooting for Dan. A second fight would look similar but I reckon Jones would come in spiteful and try to prove a point by taking down DC in every round.

Nope, no chance in hell. Jones absolutely son'd Cormier.

Back