If Cormier beats Gus, do u give him any chance against Bones in a second time?

Yea, Jones could come back rusty in which case Cormier could win; he didn't do that bad in their first match. Just look at how flaccid Cain looked in his last match.

I just don't see anyway to beat "flaccid" cormier.......

Nope, no chance in hell. Jones absolutely son'd Cormier.

Stay-Down.jpg

Nope, Jones might even stop him next time.

Jones is in his prime right now. He is pretty much not losing to anyone at 205 at this stage of his career. When he gets older, he will lose just like the Fedors of the world. However, he is still pretty young and I don't see any version of DC beating a healthy Jon Jones.

I would probably even pick Jones to beat most of the current Heavyweights in the UFC right now. He is that talented.

PS. As for his legal issues. I doubt the Zuffa owners let someone like Jones rot in jail. He's a cash cow. He will be paying some crazy fines and doing community service but I highly doubt he does any jail time. The world just works differently for people who have access to money.
1. Jones is not in his prime. Remember, he started very young, so hes going to fade very young. 4 of his last 5 fights have been decisions

2. Jones isnt that talented. The first time he fought someone close to him in size he was exposed in every technical aspect by Gus. Jones had gotten by due to his size, reach, youth, and clinch wrestling. Sorry to break it to you Jones fanboy, but Werdum and Dos Santos would be terrible match ups for Jones. Jones isnt unbeatable. No man is.

3. Jones IS NOT a "cash cow" or any kind of star. His PPVs have consistently flopped. Barring some exceptions Jones PPV averages have been TERRIBLE. Jones IS not even the biggest UFC LHW draw (as a champion). Liddell and Tito were FAR BIGGER legit draws for example

4. Youre a deluded Jones fanboy out of your mind if you think Jones isnt doing any prison time. Floyd Mayweather who has FAR MORE PULL then Jones could ever dream of having still did prison time for a lesser crime. Jones commited a major felony. Theres no judge or DA in their right mind who is letting Jones*"off the hook."*There is tons of undeniable evidence against Jones. He did it. And its a major crime. Jones IS GETTING 1-3 years in prison. And Jones DESERVES IT. Jones has no one to blame but himself. Perhaps he can get out earlier with good behavior.

No, styles make fights

Gus has the style to beat Jones, DC doesn't

People forget that 4 of those 5 rounds were really really close. To say that someone who had such a close match against Jones doesn

"Jones isnt that talented"

I hate the guy but that's flat out trolling

It depends on how you define talent and being "that talent".

Jon Jones is physically gifted and very talented too. But how talented is he? I mean, is he as talented as BJ Penn? Is he as talented as someone who goes out there with big physical disadvantages and still beats his opponents, based on pure skill?

Jones knows how to use his size, but his technique isn

Yes, I do. After 3 rounds it was pretty close and if DC prepares better with Cain this time and approaches the fight with less emotion maybe he could pull out a win.

It depends on how you define talent and being "that talent".

Jon Jones is physically gifted and very talented too. But how talented is he? I mean, is he as talented as BJ Penn? Is he as talented as someone who goes out there with big physical disadvantages and still beats his opponents, based on pure skill?

Jones knows how to use his size, but his technique isn

"Jones isnt that talented"

I hate the guy but that's flat out trolling

Dont selectively cut out parts. Keep reading WHERE I EXPLAIN why and detail it.

Gus was the first opponent to match Jones in size. Jones was lost without his size and reach advantages to rely on. Gus exposed him in every technical respect. Jones has POOR boxing and footwork.

Also, Ive seen this too many times now from many different people. "I hate Jones BUT"... Please stop with that fake non sense. "I hate Jones" yet then goes on to slobber all over Jones nuts like a fanboy. Youre not fooling anyone

Dont selectively cut out parts. Keep reading WHERE I EXPLAIN why and detail it.

Gus was the first opponent to match Jones in size. Jones was lost without his size and reach advantages to rely on. Gus exposed him in every technical respect. Jones has POOR boxing and footwork.

Also, Ive seen this too many times now from many different people. "I hate Jones BUT"... Please stop with that fake non sense. "I hate Jones" yet then goes on to slobber all over Jones nuts like a fanboy. Youre not fooling anyone

Shoo Shoo get out of here hypocrite.
200.gif

Yes, he is more talented than B.J. Penn. And Jon's reach is part of his talents. Its so funny to me how people use the athletic abilities of someone to discredit how good they are.

But the only time he faced a top guy against who he didn

Not a chance. Bones is one of the greatest fighters of all time and he is still only 28 years old. Even with ring rust he probably wins.

Irrelevant of Gus, who has no top 10 wins... I think DC beats Jones the 2nd time cause Jones will be half the fighter when he returns, and it won't be enough against DC.

Half the fighter? Geez, you really think Jones loses half when he is only 28 years old? That seems like an unlikely scenario.

People are seriously myopic when it comes to predicting fights. I don't understand which fight so many of you were watching, but jones vs dc was far from one sided. With some slight adjustments from Cormier, and a competent ref, the fight could easily go in the current champ's favor.

But the only time he faced a top guy against who he didn

The first fight was close, no matter what Brendan Schaub says, that Jones destroyed him, Brendan also thinks (along with joe rogan) that Jones would have become an olympic gold medalist in wrestling if he had stuck to it, when there are absolutely nothing that supports that...an ignorant claim. The first 3 rounds where very close, and Jon took the 4th big with 3 takedowns, and he won, but people need to stop act like Jon blew DC out of the water.

He threw him around and made him cry. Is that the accuracy you wanted?

I would favor Jones against anyone at LHW and maybe anyone in any weight class, but I think you'd have to be nuts to not give DC a chance. Their first fight was fairly competitive, especially early on. Plus, we have no idea what Jones will be like when/if he comes back.

People are seriously myopic when it comes to predicting fights. I don't understand which fight so many of you were watching, but jones vs dc was far from one sided. With some slight adjustments from Cormier, and a competent ref, the fight could easily go in the current champ's favor.

It comes mainly from this.

Bones has 0 losses by way of KO, 0 losses via submission, and 0 losses by decision. That is pretty much what makes people think Bones would win again. You may not like my explanation but nobody has proven they can actually beat Jon Jones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back