If Cormier beats Gus, do u give him any chance against Bones in a second time?

Jones will take it again, Johnson and Cormier need to fight again at some point, Johnson could lay cormier out if he works on his cardio and take down defense. Cormier had nothing for johnson on the feet, if johnson could keep it standing and not get wall/stalled he could put DC to sleep

I think if he comes into the second fight without being emotional, he can do much much much better. He put too much pressure on himself, and the moment one thing went Jon's way (takedown at the end of the first), DC just cracked and wasnt in there mentally anymore. He gased himself trying to get that KO to recover his wounded wrestler pride. If he stays calm, and leaves emotions out of it, he has the tools to win.

No. Completely different fighters. Plus Bones is in his head, he would beat him even worse the second time around, although it depends on how the lay off (and how long it will last) will affect Jones.

No, I think DC will always give him a competitive fight but in the end I'd see Jones coming out on top each and every time

DC now knows who he is up against. Anyone thinking Cormier would come into a rematch with the same game plan is silly. I'm not saying he should be favored, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a decision.

DC now knows who he is up against. Anyone thinking Cormier would come into a rematch with the same game plan is silly. I'm not saying he should be favored, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a decision.

What does he change that could give him a better chance? Should he consult the same people that think Mendes would have a better chance next time?

And should we expect both Jones and Conor to just turn up and do the same shit? (not that it wouldnt be enough to get the same result...)

Bones wins again but DC will always make it a fight.

Irrelevant of Gus, who has no top 10 wins... I think DC beats Jones the 2nd time cause Jones will be half the fighter when he returns, and it won't be enough against DC.

of course he has a chance, i don't know why so many of you act like jones vs DC was such a blowout and DC will just NEVER have a chance.

fight was competitive, clear win for jones but competitive.

Sure

One major factor that no one's mentioning is the health of Cormier's knee that he keeps not having surgery on.

The first fight was close, no matter what Brendan Schaub says, that Jones destroyed him, Brendan also thinks (along with joe rogan) that Jones would have become an olympic gold medalist in wrestling if he had stuck to it, when there are absolutely nothing that supports that...an ignorant claim. The first 3 rounds where very close, and Jon took the 4th big with 3 takedowns, and he won, but people need to stop act like Jon blew DC out of the water.

NO.
Jones played to DC's strengths and won convincingly, DC has nothing for Jones.

The first fight was close, no matter what Brendan Schaub says, that Jones destroyed him, Brendan also thinks (along with joe rogan) that Jones would have become an olympic gold medalist in wrestling if he had stuck to it, when there are absolutely nothing that supports that...an ignorant claim. The first 3 rounds where very close, and Jon took the 4th big with 3 takedowns, and he won, but people need to stop act like Jon blew DC out of the water.

Jones clearly won the fight. It wasn't a blowout, but it WAS a clear win for Jones.

And given how Jones was able to control an Olympic wrestler for the most part, it isn't outside the realm of possibilities that had Jon had the proper wrestling technique and training early on, he MIGHT have been able to make the Olympics. Jon is athletically gifted, and his wrestling is legit. Had he been in some Olympic meat factory early on, he MIGHT have made the Olympics. This isn't saying Ronda could beat Floyd or something equally inane.

Jones clearly won the fight. It wasn't a blowout, but it WAS a clear win for Jones.

And given how Jones was able to control an Olympic wrestler for the most part, it isn't outside the realm of possibilities that had Jon had the proper wrestling technique and training early on, he MIGHT have been able to make the Olympics. Jon is athletically gifted, and his wrestling is legit. Had he been in some Olympic meat factory early on, he MIGHT have made the Olympics. This isn't saying Ronda could beat Floyd or something equally inane.

People have no idea how hard it is to make an olympic team in wrestling, none the less make it to the finals....Wrestling in MMA is completely different from amateur wrestling, if they would go head to head in wrestling, Cormier would win every time...He wasn't really wrestling with Cormier, he was being very cautious, with a very tight defensive game, excellent hand and wrist control, there are a lot of things that are very difficult to pull of in MMA for high level wrestlers like Cormier, due to the strikes.

I agree, Jon won the fight, no doubt, but to go from getting a few takedowns on an exhausted former olympic wrestler to "I think he would have won the olympics" when he hasn't event competed internationally, is ignorant.

I think DC has a decent to good chance to win a rematch. He won't underestimate Jon's wrestling and like most intelligent fighters, will have learned something from the first go-around.

anyone saying dc has no chance in a rematch is a complete moron. but most people are morons who speak irrationally so it is what it is.

Did people even watch the first fight? Cormier had plenty of success to make the rematch interesting, especially considering the long lay off for Jones

Back