If Cormier beats Gus, do u give him any chance against Bones in a second time?

It comes mainly from this.

Bones has 0 losses by way of KO, 0 losses via submission, and 0 losses by decision. That is pretty much what makes people think Bones would win again. You may not like my explanation but nobody has proven they can actually beat Jon Jones.

That doesn

It comes mainly from this.

Bones has 0 losses by way of KO, 0 losses via submission, and 0 losses by decision. That is pretty much what makes people think Bones would win again. You may not like my explanation but nobody has proven they can actually beat Jon Jones.

Then you're making my point for me. Instead of examining each fighter's strengths and weaknesses vs one another, simply going based off their records is moronic at best.

Then you're making my point for me. Instead of examining each fighter's strengths and weaknesses vs one another, simply going based off their records is moronic at best.

In Jones' case its not moronic. He was the youngest champion in history, he is a fighting prodigy. He defeated 5 former champions consecutively, something no one has ever done, and he is virtually undefeated. He's undefeated in the respect that has has 0 losses by KO, Sub, Dec. He is 28 years old and in his prime. His record reflects being in the spotlight and fighting at the highest level, championship fights. And he is already 1-0 against this fighter.

Anyone stands a chance in a fight but until someone proves they can beat Jon Jones then I'm going to continue to think its unlikely, at least while he is still in his 20's.

It

Half the fighter? Geez, you really think Jones loses half when he is only 28 years old? That seems like an unlikely scenario.

Age is only but a number. It affects different fighters differently.

That being said, the physical capabilities of Jones is not what is at question here.

Sherdog revisionist history out in full force in this thread.

Cormier did very well for a couple of rounds against Jones.
If and when Bones returns, I'm sure DC will give him a run for his money.

In Jones' case its not moronic. He was the youngest champion in history, he is a fighting prodigy. He defeated 5 former champions consecutively, something no one has ever done, and he is virtually undefeated. He's undefeated in the respect that has has 0 losses by KO, Sub, Dec. He is 28 years old and in his prime. His record reflects being in the spotlight and fighting at the highest level, championship fights. And he is already 1-0 against this fighter.

In anyone's case it's moronic because you're basing your opinion on extraneous factors which are irrelevant to what would happen when these two fighters would get into the octagon vs one another. Based on what we've already seen, i.e. their first fight, they are very evenly matched. This would tell any observer who doesn't have his head up his ass that a second fight could easily go either way.

In anyone's case it's moronic because you're basing your opinion on extraneous factors which are irrelevant to what would happen when these two fighters would get into the octagon vs one another. Based on what we've already seen, i.e. their first fight, they are very evenly matched. This would tell any observer who doesn't have his head up his ass that a second fight could easily go either way.

I already said in another post that anything can happen in a fight. I just would have to see it to believe it. Nobody has proven they can beat Bones. Fedor can't say that, A. Silva can't say that, and GSP can't say that. They all took losses to other fighters. Bones hasn't lost a legit fight ever.

Ever.

Gus and Jon are two completely different fighters. with two completely different styles and backgrounds.
Beating one does not mean you can beat the other.

The first fight was close, i had it 48-47 for Jones with DC winning round 2 & 3. I could very well see him beating a rusty Jon Jones if they ever fight again.

sure, i think it was a pretty even fight, cormier got inside a lot of times and even landed some good shots from what i remember. a few inches in a different spot with a bit more power and he could easily have walked away with a ko. same could be said about jones' offense of course but i think either guy has the ability to win. from what i remember their clinch was about even but cormier got more tired then jones began to outgrapple him. it would be interesting to see if cormier went for the KO in a rematch and risked getting 'more' tired again or played it safer for the full fight grapple game.

1. Jones is not in his prime. Remember, he started very young, so hes going to fade very young. 4 of his last 5 fights have been decisions

2. Jones isnt that talented. The first time he fought someone close to him in size he was exposed in every technical aspect by Gus. Jones had gotten by due to his size, reach, youth, and clinch wrestling. Sorry to break it to you Jones fanboy, but Werdum and Dos Santos would be terrible match ups for Jones. Jones isnt unbeatable. No man is.

3. Jones IS NOT a "cash cow" or any kind of star. His PPVs have consistently flopped. Barring some exceptions Jones PPV averages have been TERRIBLE. Jones IS not even the biggest UFC LHW draw (as a champion). Liddell and Tito were FAR BIGGER legit draws for example

4. Youre a deluded Jones fanboy out of your mind if you think Jones isnt doing any prison time. Floyd Mayweather who has FAR MORE PULL then Jones could ever dream of having still did prison time for a lesser crime. Jones commited a major felony. Theres no judge or DA in their right mind who is letting Jones*"off the hook."*There is tons of undeniable evidence against Jones. He did it. And its a major crime. Jones IS GETTING 1-3 years in prison. And Jones DESERVES IT. Jones has no one to blame but himself. Perhaps he can get out earlier with good behavior.

You're pretty funny. You actually think I am a Jones fan. Haha

I actually hate Jones and hopes he never fights again. However, you can't really argue with numbers. He is pretty much unbeaten right now with the exception of the disqualification for the elbows against Hammond. A fight where he easily dominated his opponent.

Jones is exciting to watch because of his unorthodox style. I believe he is a very talented MMA fighter. Look at his record, he has wins over a lot of MMA legends.

Mayweather with all his wealth is still a moron. He has a history of domestic violence. He has a history of felonies. Jones for the most part, has a clean record. It will be much easier to get him off with community service.

I am not a fan of Jones. What he did to that poor lady is disgusting. It showed me what kind of person he really was. As I stated before, I doubt he goes to jail because the owners of Zuffa are much wealthier than Mayweather would ever dream of being and they have some serious connections. They will get Jones out of trouble so he can continue to fight for them. Unfortunately, that's how it works!

I don't think he beats Jones. There is just too big a skill gap between them and Jon will exploit any weakness. Even a fighter with DC's wrestling ability cannot make that stand out against him. Jones is a nightmare for every LHW.

No not really that's why I'm rooting for Gus. If Jones doesn't back right away though I'm cool with Bader/DC if Bader gets by Rashad.

Back