*IF* Alex Pereira fights at heavyweight in 3 weeks in Brazil, who should it be against?

Probably Pavlovich, he's broken mentally right now and has no wrestling.

He was just dicking around in Lake Tahoe with Zuckerberg. I don’t think he’s fighting any time soon

Yeah. Big if. Probably sub 5%. Poatan would accept any fight the UFC offered, but it would be a major high risk low reward for any heavyweight to take on short notice. But lets have fun and see if there's a potential guy out there?

Aspinall or Jones is out of the question with how short time frame it is and promotion and prep, it'd have to be something like Anderson Silva moving up to fight Forest Griffin. Pavlovich could be fun as it's the best power in heavyweight vs the LHW powerhouse. Gane for kickboxer vs kickboxer and neither having to worry about their grappling. Those two the risk would be so high if they lose to a LHW I don't see them accepting since both must think one good win away from another titleshot.

I'd rather see Alex have his wrestling tested at LHW by Magomed rather than Blaydes or Almedia. UFC absolutely loves sacrificing Volkov, and Volkov always seems up for it, so maybe just let him play the Forest Griffin role?

My votes Volkov, if Volkov is up for the short notice risk in enemy territory. (wait shit, he's scheduled against Pavlovich in June. back to the drawing board). Rozenstruik?
I disagree that the risk to reward wouldn’t be worth it, if you were some non-champion heavyweight on the verge of becoming irrelevant like a Pavlovich or Gane, there is definitely a lot of reward in taking down a current champion, especially one with Poatans notoriety.

If anything that would be too risky for Alex to accept since these guys have no belt and losing to them pretty much kills his chances at fighting for one at heavyweight.

I disagree that the risk to reward wouldn’t be worth it, if you were some non-champion heavyweight on the verge of becoming irrelevant like a Pavlovich or Gane, there is definitely a lot of reward in taking down a current champion, especially one with Poatans notoriety.

If anything that would be too risky for Alex to accept since these guys have no belt and losing to them pretty much kills his chances at fighting for one at heavyweight.

Gane isn't on the verge of being irrelevant he's chilling.

Gane isn't on the verge of being irrelevant he's chilling.
I mean, he got grapplefucked by Ngannou of all people and was Jones’ easiest career win and even if he manages to get past Volkov he’s probably looking at someone like Blaydes next so not very promising. He’s probably the weakest grappler in the division, and now that he’s been exposed as such guys will find better ways to get him to the ground.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adventureseeker64
Back