Idris Elba rumored to be next Bond

Idris is a quality actor. If he gets the Bond role, are they going to change his history as well? From a Scottish Father and Swiss mother too Wakandan?

As long as they recast Liam Hemsworth as Black Panther, I don't see the problem.

Oh, wait...

Not a bad choice but too old imo.

I think Connery at 32 when cast is the best age for Bond unless you want to do a one and done.

Elba is 45 do if they do three with him he will be 50!?

I think a black guy is the best we are gonna get nowadays. Just be glad it's not a tranny in a wheelchair.

I'm actually ok with this. I remember people were against Daniel Craig for some reason (hair or eye color maybe?) . Turned out to be one of my favorite Bonds
I never liked James Bond until Craig. The previous ones are too gentlemen-like for my liking. But I never read the novels, so what do I know?

I think Connery at 32 when cast is the best age for Bond unless you want to do a one and done.

The last Criag Bond film doesn't come out until next year. Even if they start filming Elba's first Bond movie as soon as Craig's is finished - and they won't - it takes around two years to make a Bond film. Which means Elba will be in his late 40's by the time the first one comes out. That's too old for a beginning franchise.

Its a shame Clive Owen is getting up there he would have been a good pick too

I like him but he's already too old. I have no idea why they keep picking older guys to play Bond. Get someone in their late 20s and early 30s and let them own the role like Connery and Moore.

I think he'll make a great Bond but I already hate the politics involved.

Don't give him the movie just because he's black, you think it's "time" or some virtue signaling non-sense. Give him the Bond role because he's a good actor and would fit the part.

To me, "James Bond" is almost like a code name. He could be anyone. As long as he's British, in the MI6 and a smooth character, that's what's important. Not the race.

Roger Moore was in his mid-late 40s when he started playing Bond.

Roger Moore was almost 60 in A View to a Kill.

If it's neither Henry Cavill or Tom Hiddleston, then GTFO.
i don't think hiddleston has the face to carry that franchise, i don't think cavill has the build for bond either. Most bonds have been tall and lean. Which is contradictory that i said hiddleston can't pull it off, but i still say his face wouldn't bring the box office numbers they want.

nothing against elba, i think he would make a very good bond. But like tanaka said, he's too old to carry a franchise.

1451475119-1f7ff51ad1318aedd22e6721a77f3afd-600x899.jpg

I loved him in Luther, wonder what happened to the series.

Season 5 is 'coming soon'. Possibly December.

What? Is this some kind of a sick joke? You can't have a negro playing the part of the quintessential English gentleman?

lawyer-gif-9.gif

ELca.gif

meh, nothing against elba, he's good.
but why not launch a new franchise? 009 or something. why latch onto the bond persona ? sounds like parasitism.

If they're determined to cast an ex-MCU actor, go Loki or go home. Hiddlestone would kill it:cool:

meh, nothing against elba, he's good.
but why not launch a new franchise? 009 or something. why latch onto the bond persona ? sounds like parasitism.

This, By all means expand the Bond-verse. But Elba as Bond won't work.

I'm down for this. It's next that Hollywood is switching shit up before Scarlett still all those roles.

Back