Idris Elba rumored to be next Bond

Spoken

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/movies/a22685301/james-bond-producers-idris-elba/

Folks have long suggested Edris should be considered for the next Bond after Craig. I know there have been a few threads on the subject, but it seemed worth posting the news.

Discuss

Also
Idris-Elba-e1498800417218.jpg

Would. /nohomo

O yes a black guy exactly what I think of when someone says James Bond.

Fucking PC bullshit.

Elba could make a great Bond, people have been saying it for a long time. He’s got the charisma for the role.

The real question of course is whether they could pull a great script / project together. The franchise has kind of slid into shitty action schlock lately, more Fast & Furious than Ian Fleming.

I'm not a fan of this.

Bond is a white British guy.

I like him but he's already too old. I have no idea why they keep picking older guys to play Bond. Get someone in their late 20s and early 30s and let them own the role like Connery and Moore.

I think he'll make a great Bond but I already hate the politics involved.

Don't give him the movie just because he's black, you think it's "time" or some virtue signaling non-sense. Give him the Bond role because he's a good actor and would fit the part.

To me, "James Bond" is almost like a code name. He could be anyone. As long as he's British, in the MI6 and a smooth character, that's what's important. Not the race.

Last edited:
I really like Elba, great on Luther and The Wire and chews scenery and oozes charisma, and I like the Idea that Bond is a title given to the deadliest MI6 operative but the world ain't ready and I would have for him to get it due to PC pressure as opposed to his great ability.

I was against the idea at first, but now I see he has the right nipples for the job.

If it's neither Henry Cavill or Tom Hiddleston, then GTFO.

I hope it happens just so I can hear all the crying.

just wait for white supremacist group that shat all over black panther to do their thing about this.

Ian Fleming is rolling over in his grave.

Elba could make a great Bond, people have been saying it for a long time. He’s got the charisma for the role.

The real question of course is whether they could pull a great script / project together. The franchise has kind of slid into shitty action schlock lately, more Fast & Furious than Ian Fleming.
he's too old and too "big". If you're gonna do a black reboot I say go for Lakeith Stanfield.
77b9dd0c-62c9-4c5e-bae2-7f86828c2faf-1.jpg

better actor, more charismatic, and has the right physical dimensions.

Dude has gravitas and charisma for days. Good actor too and I'm a fan. Would be an excellent secret agent, spy or 007.000001 or John Bond, or something like that. I'd hate to see him in white face playing James Bond.

Sounds good to me. He looks the part, like he could kick ass and handsome enough to snap knicker elastic at 100 yards.

Ian Fleming is rolling over in his grave.

Tough to say. Fleming helped fight the nazis in real life, but his version of Bond also thought that Koreans were beneath primates. Complicated guy.

Either way, if he’s still rolling in his grave, someone should probably let him out... on second thought, wait, don’t!!! He must be some kind of zombie.

Back