Ice Hockey, Rugby or American Football - Which team sport is the toughest?

Which team sport is the toughest?

• Total voters
Rugby.

It's nuts. You need the endurance of a soccer player, and the toughness and physicality of a medieval warrior. The punishment never ends. It's like that "hell week" shit that the military does, only it's for fun...allegedly.

Of the three I enjoy hockey the most but it Football hands down for being tougher.

All three are very physically demanding and punishing to the body at times, out of these 3 sports which is the toughest?

Eric Lindros suffered 4 more concussions and 2 leg injuries while trying to watch this

Last edited:
With or without padding?

They can take the hit however they choose, either way they're still gonna laying on the ground gasping for air and asking for the number of the Mack truck that just hit them, when they're able to form a coherent sentence again that is

No one that plays rugby at any level gets hit with full force bull rush of an elite NFL linebacker and those pads ain't gonna just magically make it feel like a night in a 5 star hotel

I'll go rugby but fuck playing any of those sports ha ha. Aussie Rules can be a tough game but it pales in comparison to rugby (league or union). It's no coincidence that most MMA fighters from Aus/NZ seem to have a rugby background, we generally don't wrestle here but I'd say rugby would have some transferable skills to grappling (and toughness of course).

Back