• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I think Jiri might be right

BigJohnDavis333

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Alright here me out......I think Pereira might actually be using the black magic to win at 205. The reason I say this is because 205 guys have no iq and seem to want to get ko'd by Alex Pereira. They dont come with the takedowns, they don't mix anything up, they just try to strike and eat the left hook. They should be looking for takedowns, they should be desperate for the takedowns because the fight depends on it. No one at 205 can stand with Alex with the striking, you will get brutally finished in the first 2 rounds. Bruno Silva knew this and shot takedowns, Andreas knew this, Izzy of all people knew this, and Jan knew this. Everyone else has decided to not shoot takedowns and collect brain damage. Jiri commited suicide, Jamahal Sweet Cope Hill committed suicide, Strickland committed suicide. I'm not saying that Alex is some bum on the ground. I don't think anyone is a finisher on the ground in the top 5 but you need the wrestling to set up the striking.

Alright here me out......I think Pereira might actually be using the black magic to win at 205. The reason I say this is because 205 guys have no iq and seem to want to get ko'd by Alex Pereira. They dont come with the takedowns, they don't mix anything up, they just try to strike and eat the left hook. They should be looking for takedowns, they should be desperate for the takedowns because the fight depends on it. No one at 205 can stand with Alex with the striking, you will get brutally finished in the first 2 rounds. Bruno Silva knew this and shot takedowns, Andreas knew this, Izzy of all people knew this, and Jan knew this. Everyone else has decided to not shoot takedowns and collect brain damage. Jiri commited suicide, Jamahal Sweet Cope Hill committed suicide, Strickland committed suicide. I'm not saying that Alex is some bum on the ground. I don't think anyone is a finisher on the ground in the top 5 but you need the wrestling to set up the striking.
Honestly though I think MMA fans have for decades tended to overestimate how easily kickboxers turned MMA fighters can be beaten via grappling, sometimes its true of course but a lot of the time I do think its down to insecurity.

As far as Jan goes I would argue that he pushed so far for the ground control he had in the 1st round that he gassed himself and this was the biggest factor in him losing the fight. Alex clearly knows how to make opponents work for their ground control if they are not very high level with their timing and sub grappling.

anyone who says ' hear me out' is always about to say some dumb horseshit.... didnt read the rest...

Honestly though I think MMA fans have for decades tended to overestimate how easily kickboxers turned MMA fighters can be beaten via grappling, sometimes its true of course but a lot of the time I do think its down to insecurity.

As far as Jan goes I would argue that he pushed so far for the ground control he had in the 1st round that he gassed himself and this was the biggest factor in him losing the fight. Alex clearly knows how to make opponents work for their ground control if they are not very high level with their timing and sub grappling.
How does Bruno Silva know what to do against Pereira, but 2 former and one future champ doesn't.

I do believe in things beyond the mere physical but this could all be (a) mind games or (b) retroactively explaining bad fight plans.

How does Bruno Silva know what to do against Pereira, but 2 former and one future champ doesn't.
Not the same Pereria perhaps? Alex last fight in Glory was 6 months before that match, now over 2 years since that match training MMA full time.

Alex being champ as well now means you need to last 5 rounds against him, I don't think Jan would have survived 5 rounds.

Back