Media Mighty Mouse giving advice to Jamahal

biscuitsbrah

Amateur Fighter
@Gold
Reaction score
Anyone catch Demetrious Johnson constantly advising Jamahal Hill to shoot for takedowns and grapple Alex, but Jamahal insistent on striking with him and KO’ing him?

This is one clip, but I’m pretty sure he has another instance where he tells Jamahal in a very nice way that the smart plan would be to grapple him lol.

Edit: found the other video

Anyone catch Demetrious Johnson constantly advising Jamahal Hill to shoot for takedowns and grapple Alex, but Jamahal insistent on striking with him and KO’ing him?

This is one clip, but I’m pretty sure he has another instance where he tells Jamahal in a very nice way that the smart plan would be to grapple him lol.

Man Hill kinda walked into this one eh

Probably should listen when one of the goats is trying to give you pointers

DJ gets a lot of predictions wrong, however, this is one he definitely got right.

Jamahal Hill was never gonna grapple Pereira just like Strickland was never gonna grapple Pereira. That's not how they fight, even if they should've done that.
Yeah I understand it may not be in the skillset or comfortability. It just makes for a funny clip when one of the GOATs gives advice and gets shrugged off lol

my advice for jamal is starting dancing/artist career

Jamahal Hill was never gonna grapple Pereira just like Strickland was never gonna grapple Pereira. That's not how they fight, even if they should've done that.
I just don't think either of them are good enough grapplers for it to really be a viable tactic.

I think MMA fans still tend to cling to the old insecurities around kickboxers coming into MMA and doing well, when they get triggered you hear "he'll lose as soon as someone grapples with him" even when we've seen multiple people in MMA try that against Alex.

Its very inconsistent as well, there are lots of fighters I think MMA fans underestimate their grappling weakness(like Gane) because they are considered "MMA fighters" so there doing well standing doesnt trigger the same insecurities.

Hill doesn't have the MMA wrestling acumen nor physicality to "wrestle fuck" someone like Alex. In all likelihood he would have been shrugged off or gotten an inconsequential takedown with Alex getting back up. Do that a few times as a non-wrestler and now you're becoming tired with several rounds left and a T-1000 in front of you with a keen eye for sagging defense.

Kind of asinine and disrespectful for DJ to have this "well this is how I'd beat him" section on his podcast, in my opinion.

Some guys don't have the tool sets for wrestling like that for 5 rounds. If Jan couldn't do it, Hill would've gassed quicker. We'll get to see Ankalaev vs Pereira soon enough and get an aswer.

Hill doesn't have the MMA wrestling acumen nor physicality to "wrestle fuck" someone like Alex. In all likelihood he would have been shrugged off or gotten an inconsequential takedown with Alex getting back up. Do that a few times as a non-wrestler and now you're becoming tired with several rounds left and a T-1000 in front of you with a keen eye for sagging defense.

Kind of asinine and disrespectful for DJ to have this "well this is how I'd beat him" section on his podcast, in my opinion.
Some guys don't have the tool sets for wrestling like that for 5 rounds. If Jan couldn't do it, Hill would've gassed quicker. We'll get to see Ankalaev vs Pereira soon enough and get an aswer.
I understand that, but in hindsight, do you really think attempting to wrestle would have made the result any worse 😆

I think ima spend some time watching these Jamahal clips pre fight.

This mofo was so fucking arrogant and unbearable. Truly had no idea how satisfying this KO would be until it happened.

I understand that, but in hindsight, do you really think attempting to wrestle would have made the result any worse 😆
Probably just worse for fans watching the fight, and delayed the inevitable. No matter who you are, your gameplan should be to takedown Pereira to be fair, but also Pereira has only lost on his feet too and seems to be ready for the wrestling gameplans.

Probably just worse for fans watching the fight, and delayed the inevitable. No matter who you are, your gameplan should be to takedown Pereira to be fair, but also Pereira has only lost on his feet too and seems to be ready for the wrestling gameplans.
I’d rather get KOd in round 2 than round 1 lol

Back