• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social I still don't understand why slavery is blamed on white Americans

What do you doubt? That he wears Maga T-shirts to the gym? Do you want me to find the quotes of him admitting it? Or are you just going to pretend you never doubted when I do?

I would doubt that he was telling the truth about it. Unless he has some direct ties to America, or if he's literally doing it for a laugh,it would just be pointless.
And if you told me an American guy you know was wearing a Rishi Sunak or Boris Johnson t shirt, I'd equally think it was bullshit.
But fire away, find the quotes if it makes you feel better. I'll scratch my arse in the meantime.

It's just an ignorance of history with a heeping dollop of propaganda. Slavery has been around since humans have existed and slavery was actually ended in the West because of white Christians. What makes it even more ridiculous is that there is still slavery in the world and the people crying about white slavers don't care about it because it's not part of the algorithm.
Slavery ended because of white christians? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And if you told me an American guy you know was wearing a Rishi Sunak or Boris Johnson t shirt, I'd equally think it was bullshit.
But fire away, find the quotes if it makes you feel better. I'll scratch my arse in the meantime.

"You're lying, but even if you prove me wrong, I don't care."

Such cowardly fucking bullshit. Move the goalposts to cover your ass in the face of evidence.

And I don't know about t-shirts but there was a good chunk of non-british right wingers who were showing a lot of support for Farage during Brexit. Trump is American, but one of the most radical pro trump Q-anon cults is from Canada.

Just admit you don't know much about the world outside of your tiny little village and youtube subscriptions.

"You're lying, but even if you prove me wrong, I don't care."

Such cowardly fucking bullshit. Move the goalposts to cover your ass in the face of evidence.

And I don't know about t-shirts but there was a good chunk of non-british right wingers who were showing a lot of support for Farage during Brexit. Trump is American, but one of the most radical pro trump Q-anon cults is from Canada.

Just admit you don't know much about the world outside of your tiny little village and youtube subscriptions.

Lying? Where did I say you were lying. I said I doubt it. There is a difference moron.

Lying? Where did I say you were lying. I said I doubt it. There is a difference moron.

You are so grossly ignorant you can't fathom support for a politician coming from outside of the country.

I guess all those far left radicals in ENGLAND and AMERICA who support STALIN and MAO must secretly be chinese and russian, right? That's your logic your going to stand on?

Fucking idiot.

How does asking what disadvantages African-Americans might have to deal with presently, as a result of our historic use of slavery and discriminatory laws up to the near present, put guilt on any white people today that had no involvement?
“might” have to deal with…. Nope. In today’s American society you either choose to be successful or unsuccessful due to life choices. And I consider successful as at least maintaining a job and being out of debt.

Im not sure if I am understanding your last half of that mashed together paragraph but let me reiterate…. NO white person is holds guilt of the past that we are discussing in this thread.

Last edited:
The whole world would be dancing around campfires if not for white people? Lol wow. The delusion is real.
It was a couple years ago when someone posted this in another thread (a thread created by Kongsdonttap(sp?))?). No one refuted him then. I surely didn’t go back and do a wiki fact check.

Isn't it shocking how I never referred to any specific study, hence why I didn't post any? I know, my mind is blown. I gestured broadly at the consensus of expert opinion.

Do you need me to post a "study" to tell you that the field of sociology overwhelmingly agrees that slavery and systemic racism are responsible for the plight of African-Americans in the 21st century? That this consensus has existed for decades? Lmao.

Next you're going to ask me to post a "study" to back the claim that climate scientists overwhelmingly agree on the existence of anthropogenic climate change.
so no study. then don't bring them up if you ain't prepared to show. I just stated an observation. even in the comments of every single video that shows the criminal (nearly always) being a black person there are black people acknowledging this. it's a real problem, and people like you who'd rather pretend it isn't, or is too cowardly to step up and say it, are just gonna make it worse.

I guess all those far left radicals in ENGLAND and AMERICA who support STALIN and MAO must secretly be chinese and russian, right?
how does one support a dead person?

We’ll, it’s legitimately a horrible thing for any country’s history to have on its record, but I also believe it’s absolutely used as a political tool meant to divide people in the most powerful country in the world.

so no study. then don't bring them up if you ain't prepared to show. I just stated an observation. even in the comments of every single video that shows the criminal (nearly always) being a black person there are black people acknowledging this. it's a real problem, and people like you who'd rather pretend it isn't, or is too cowardly to step up and say it, are just gonna make it worse.
Are you stupid? Are you incapable of understanding English? I never referenced or cited a specific study. Your empty posturing is pathetic. I'm not posting a "study" to assert that the entire field of sociology disagrees with you. Anyone even vaguely familiar with academia, knows that sociology finds that slavery and systemic racism are largely responsible for high crime and poverty among American black folk. I'm sorry you're so dumb that you never stepped foot on a uni campus and you have no idea what I'm talking avout

I'm not surprised you're calling it bullshit. Far too many uneducated types like you think only black people were slaves in america.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iri...ves myth is,forebears of the African diaspora.

The Irish slaves myth is a fringe pseudohistorical narrative that conflates the penal transportation and indentured servitude of Irish people during the 17th and 18th centuries, with the hereditary chattel slavery experienced by the forebears of the African diaspora. Some white nationalists, and others who want to minimize the effects of hereditary chattel slavery on Africans and their descendants, have used this false equivalence to deny racism against African Americans[1] or claim that African Americans are too vocal in seeking justice for historical grievances.[2] It also can hide the facts around Irish involvement in the transatlantic slave trade.[3] The myth has been in circulation since at least the 1990s and has been disseminated in online memes and social media debates.[4] According to historians Jerome S. Handler and Matthew C. Reilly, "it is misleading, if not erroneous, to apply the term 'slave' to Irish and other indentured servants in early Barbados"...

Lol at @LangfordBarrow liking this election denying bullshit. Shows where your principles were this entire time.
You cherry picked one sentence out of a post I liked because it was a response to something I wrote. Any regulars here know I don't support Trump or think the election was rigged. Just a shit take from you in a shit thread you made to downplay any lingering disadvantages black people might have and to justify and shift the blame from the white Americans that held slaves and went to war to keep them.

“might” have to deal with…. Nope. In today’s American society you either choose to be successful or unsuccessful due to life choices. And I consider successful as at least maintaining a job and being out of debt.

Im not sure if I am understanding your last half of that mashed together paragraph but let me reiterate…. NO white person is holds guilt of the past that we are discussing in this thread.
You don't think so but that's your opinion. My meaning was that obviously white people of today are not to blame for what happened then so they should not feel shame about it. It's interesting though that some people frame it that way when the subject is brought up.

I don't expect many people to read this, but here it is, anyway. For those not familiar with the Askhistorians sub-reddit, it's a community based around users providing "original, in-depth and comprehensive answers" using "good historical practices." Primary and secondary sources are provided in most cases. it has a good reputation in the historian community and is almost *too* strict in its posting policies, but they almost have to be to separate fact from fiction. The first comment below addresses the Irish slave question presented by the original poster.

Nobody said today. In the OP I mentioned the discussion in a historical context. That's why I mentioned that black Africans were the ones that sold the slaves to Americans to begin with, and the side that fought to end slavery was overwhelmingly white.
black africans selling slaves to white colonizers wasn’t the first or only way slaves were obtained though. seems like a serious hole in your already-shaky argument.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_slaves_myth#:~:text=The Irish slaves myth is,forebears of the African diaspora.

The Irish slaves myth is a fringe pseudohistorical narrative that conflates the penal transportation and indentured servitude of Irish people during the 17th and 18th centuries, with the hereditary chattel slavery experienced by the forebears of the African diaspora. Some white nationalists, and others who want to minimize the effects of hereditary chattel slavery on Africans and their descendants, have used this false equivalence to deny racism against African Americans[1] or claim that African Americans are too vocal in seeking justice for historical grievances.[2] It also can hide the facts around Irish involvement in the transatlantic slave trade.[3] The myth has been in circulation since at least the 1990s and has been disseminated in online memes and social media debates.[4] According to historians Jerome S. Handler and Matthew C. Reilly, "it is misleading, if not erroneous, to apply the term 'slave' to Irish and other indentured servants in early Barbados"...
bingo. “indentured servitude is the same as chattel slavery” is possibly the easiest racist guy argument to shut down.

Back