• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social I still don't understand why slavery is blamed on white Americans

Are you stupid? Are you incapable of understanding English? I never referenced or cited a specific study. Your empty posturing is pathetic. I'm not posting a "study" to assert that the entire field of sociology disagrees with you. Anyone even vaguely familiar with academia, knows that sociology finds that slavery and systemic racism are largely responsible for high crime and poverty among American black folk. I'm sorry you're so dumb that you never stepped foot on a uni campus and you have no idea what I'm talking avout
"high crime and poverty among American black folk"

so you admit this is a real problem. good. so instead of writing a bunch of nothing, you could've easily started with this instead of your original silly comment, which I will quote here:

I love how you frame it as "hey these are just plain facts bro. These are statistics".

When in reality, this topic has been studied to death, for decades, and you could easily defer to the opinions and consensus of the academic field that covers this. But you don't. You know that expert consensus doesn't reaffirm your racial bias. Yet despite your disregard for all expert and academic opinions, you disingenuously frame this as "these are just facts". Like the data and evidence are on your side. When the opposite is true.

Are you stupid? Are you incapable of understanding English? I never referenced or cited a specific study. Your empty posturing is pathetic. I'm not posting a "study" to assert that the entire field of sociology disagrees with you. Anyone even vaguely familiar with academia, knows that sociology finds that slavery and systemic racism are largely responsible for high crime and poverty among American black folk. I'm sorry you're so dumb that you never stepped foot on a uni campus and you have no idea what I'm talking avout
lol, you're so silly. after a bunch of your little rants and insults somehow this is the result:

me: black people commit much more crime than other races. it's a legit problem.

you: studies show the opposite. you're racist!

me: what studies? cite some.

you: proceeds to insult me a bunch of times before, well, whaddayaknow, you admit there is "high crime among black folk". I thought it was the opposite and saying this is racist? did you confuse yourself?

lol, you're so silly. after a bunch of your little rants and insults somehow this is the result:

me: black people commit much more crime than other races. it's a legit problem.

you: studies show the opposite. you're racist!

me: what studies? cite some.

you: proceeds to insult me a bunch of times before, well, whaddayaknow, you admit there is "high crime among black folk". I thought it was the opposite and saying this is racist? did you confuse yourself?
That's a completely disingenuous characterization of the exchange thus far. You didn't simply ask me to cite a study. You're either dishonest or really stupid.

"high crime and poverty among American black folk"

so you admit this is a real problem. good. so instead of writing a bunch of nothing, you could've easily started with this instead of your original silly comment, which I will quote here:

I love how you frame it as "hey these are just plain facts bro. These are statistics".

When in reality, this topic has been studied to death, for decades, and you could easily defer to the opinions and consensus of the academic field that covers this. But you don't. You know that expert consensus doesn't reaffirm your racial bias. Yet despite your disregard for all expert and academic opinions, you disingenuously frame this as "these are just facts". Like the data and evidence are on your side. When the opposite is true.
As a percentage, more black people are poor, from centuries of slavery, and then decades of hard systemic racism denying them the ability to accumulate wealth. All racial groups commit crime at about the same rate, when controlling for economic class. You're really, really fuckin dumb if you don't know this. This is like high school sociology level stuff man.

As a percentage, more black people are poor, from centuries of slavery, and then decades of hard systemic racism denying them the ability to accumulate wealth. All racial groups commit crime at about the same rate, when controlling for economic class. You're really, really fuckin dumb if you don't know this. This is like high school sociology level stuff man.
cute.

are you still ranting? calm down and actually read my comments. when have I ever made a point that opposed any of yours? here, quote exactly which point I made you're so angry about rather than ranting at strawmen buddeh.

I only ever made one point and you literally just agreed with it.

What about all the Irish slaves that were brought to America before the black slaves? Also, Britain and America are the ones who ended slavery in the west. That means it cancels out according to your logic.

Other Western countries, such as Colombia, abolished slavery well before USA.

cute.

are you still ranting? calm down and actually read my comments. when have I ever made a point that opposed any of yours? here, quote exactly which point I made you're so angry about rather than ranting at strawmen buddeh.

I only ever made one point and you literally just agreed with it.
You're a real pompous weirdo man. You just made me re state the same thing in a different way. I said that this has been studied to death and you could just defer to what those experts have determined. Then you decided to play debate bro. Then, instead of just generally gesturing at what the consensus on the matter is, I actually spell out what that consensus is and you're like "haha I totally agree with that calm down".

Weird. If you agree with that, why did you not agree with my deference of to the data and expert consensus? All I did was spell out for you what that consensus is. That's all I did different you smarmy little prick

You're a real pompous weirdo man. You just made me re state the same thing in a different way. I said that this has been studied to death and you could just defer to what those experts have determined. Then you decided to play debate bro. Then, instead of just generally gesturing at what the consensus on the matter is, I actually spell out what that consensus is and you're like "haha I totally agree with that calm down".

Weird. If you agree with that, why did you not agree with my deference of to the data and expert consensus? All I did was spell out for you what that consensus is. That's all I did different you smarmy little prick
You sound deranged.

Again, which point did I make that you disagree with? Do YOU even know, or are you just acting like one of those crazies on the NY subway.

I don't expect many people to read this, but here it is, anyway. For those not familiar with the Askhistorians sub-reddit, it's a community based around users providing "original, in-depth and comprehensive answers" using "good historical practices." Primary and secondary sources are provided in most cases. it has a good reputation in the historian community and is almost *too* strict in its posting policies, but they almost have to be to separate fact from fiction. The first comment below addresses the Irish slave question presented by the original poster.

Anyone who gets their historical facts from reddit shouldn't be taken seriously.

You cherry picked one sentence out of a post I liked because it was a response to something I wrote. Any regulars here know I don't support Trump or think the election was rigged. Just a shit take from you in a shit thread you made to downplay any lingering disadvantages black people might have and to justify and shift the blame from the white Americans that held slaves and went to war to keep them.

Not as shit as your shitty attempts to deny the slave trade started with african lords selling their own people. Your history is shit selectively talking about things that support your shitty worldview and ignoring what's inconvenient.

Any regulars here know I don't support Trump or think the election was rigged..

Then call him out! Keep the same energy with an election denier as you do with anything else in this thread. Or are you too afraid to offend your new buddy Rubber Ducky?

Give me a fucking break.

Cause they had lots of slaves ? Here's the crazy plot twist , there can be more then one subgroup to blame for something.

Less than 2% of americans owned slaves.

There are more people enslaved in Africa by Africans today then there ever was in america.

More inconvenient FACTS that @LangfordBarrow and @Loiosh just gloss over.

Anyone who gets their historical facts from youtube shouldn't be taken seriously.

Cute. But the difference is this video is by someone who isn't some anon rando hiding behind a reddit username 'claiming' to be a historian. I can see his name and look him up.

You probably think people on reddit have 146 IQ because they tell you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back