Social I still don't understand why slavery is blamed on white Americans

So segregation, red lining, Jim Crow, "predictive policing", and the long list of other issues that predominantly affect minorities in America are totally unrelated to this? Yeah, right.

I said they have no responsibility for "slavery". You are bringing up other issues.

I said they have no responsibility for "slavery". You are bringing up other issues.
Those issues are a direct result of prior history. They're perpetuated by the beneficiaries of slavery, whether deliberately or by accident.

Those issues are a direct result of prior history. They're perpetuated by the beneficiaries of slavery, whether deliberately or by accident.

What would you like white Americans to do to rectify the harm caused in the past by some of their ancestors?

What would you like white Americans to do to rectify the harm caused in the past by some of their ancestors?
I don't have all the answers on this topic. And I don't think there is a need to cast blame, per se. I also think things could be a lot worse, and that they have mostly improved over time--recent events notwithstanding. But I think there needs to be a clear acknowledgement from the right wing in your country of these issues and the currents of racism and systemic racism that stand in the way of broader lasting change for the better.

You never hear about slavery in South America even though the large majority of slaves ended up there.

They werent big into reading and writing.

However, incas and aztecs had plenty of slaves.

Most "White Americans" ancestors had nothing to do with slavery.

The nation owes a debt to the descendants of slaves, not "white people."

I don't have all the answers on this topic. And I don't think there is a need to cast blame, per se. I also think things could be a lot worse, and that they have mostly improved over time--recent events notwithstanding. But I think there needs to be a clear acknowledgement from the right wing in your country of these issues and the currents of racism and systemic racism that stand in the way of broader lasting change for the better.
Lol get Americans to acknowledge it I agree. The stupid left right thing is insane. Considering just how much racist policies and " systematic racism " came from democrats that you'll never get, nor expect any acknowledgement of . But the " right " should? Lol

How insane is this world when everyone can acknowledge group identity is pretty irrelevant. Yet for the vast majority of logic / reasoning / politics bullshit a bunch of you put it all back to two teams.

Like left and right could possibly encompass the scope of political leaning.

For fucks sake it's so limited you could barely direct someone with just those terms.... yet it's the guiding principle in some of your outlooks.

Incredible really.

Last edited:
Black people seemed doomed to forever view themselves as lesser, it seems. There's really no point in even discussing this shit anymore. Its how they want society to see them, its what they teach their kids, they elect people who perpetuate it and do nothing to improve their station in life, we are fighting to actually teach them in school that they are lesser, all the while acting as though we have their best interests in mind.

No matter what we do, our grandkids are going to be having this same type of discussion. I think we peaked in terms of getting close to racial harmony just before Obama got elected and its been a race to the bottom ever since.

Black people seemed doomed to forever view themselves as lesser, it seems.
Not just black people. There is a lot of literature that says that black people have lesser intelligence than other that is written by non-black people.

Whether or not you agree with this literature is a different debate. But you can't deny the material exists.

Why does a guy with a user name Super Nintendo and another with a PlayStation avatar say the dumbest shit here. Fuck gamers dude.. no wonder I hear the N word all the time online

Why does a guy with a user name Super Nintendo and another with a PlayStation avatar say the dumbest shit here. Fuck gamers dude.. no wonder I hear the N word all the time online

I'm sure a guy with a egg yolk cartoon avatar is far more intelligent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back