• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do You Still Like To Fly?

I hate it but I have to do it all the time for work and for love. At least now I can afford a decent flight, used to be a fucking gauntlet until a couple years ago.

My problem's generally not the passengers (not many Americans doing the Finland - Italy flight and back luckily) but the bullshit companies pull to suck more money out of me.

I fly about 2-3 times a year. I like having a long layover and being able to walk around without rushing to my gate.

Hate it because it is dreadful. Smaller seats, meaner people, and just airport security... It would be much worse with global entry and TSA pre-check.

Don't get me started on getting sold something at the duty-free places in the airport and then having to check it because they don't scan. That is the point of getting it there! Got to do it though...

Not the experience itself (but then again, I never did) but getting to far away places quickly? Yes, I still do

I don't mind it much but it's more of something I have to do to get to the places I want to go. Don't really like driving either but kind of have to do it.

After seeing that horror story about those guys trapped in space in a piece of trash made by Boeing I don't think I'm flying anymore

I doubt anyone actually enjoys it but if I'm going to Germany from the US I'm definitely not driving.

I try and fly first class when I can. More room, better service and less problems with unruly passengers. But I only fly first class if it's a long flight. I also look for good seats if I am flying coach. I use seatguru which shows you the best seats in coach with the most room. Noise cancelling headphones are a good thing to bring too. Flying used to be way more enjoyable before 9/11. It was also more enjoyable before deregulation albeit more expensive.
flying was way better before 911 and you still get that quick boarding in other countries, in america, it's more than annoying, it's a damn abomination.

I dont like the process, like knowing the process will be over soon and I will be at another destination that's completely different to where I'm at now.

travel minimal, makes life much easier. I can do a full long drawn out trip with just a backpack, nothing else, and that alone will make things go a lot smoother.

No its horrible. Classic case of cost cutting ruining a magical experience because it is practically neccessary for many people that have the money to pay.

When people complain about private jets and all the damage they cause why do rich people use them you think despite being literally the most expensive thing they do? Because people do not want to use commercial flights and will do anything they can to avoid them. In discussions about the WNBA people constantly bring up the fact they fly commerical as if they are being waterboarded cause they basically are being waterboarded. Back before the rise of air everyone took the same boats and the same trains the reason they don't anymore is because air travel so aggressively sucks.

Back