Opinion I stand with Hong kong

They don't want to be extradited to Mainland China and disappeared. The change means that can happen to them. They are fighting changes in Chinese extradition laws.

You quoted my post, and then repeated what I said. They money laundering criminals don’t want to be extradited to the mainland and have their fortunes seized. So they are using the middle class millennials to stage a protest.

it might have been smarter for him to adopt Coach Kerr's approach. when asked about the unrest in Hong Kong, Mr. Kerr said, “It’s a really bizarre international story, and a lot of us really don’t know what to make of it.”.
Kerr is a cucklord fuckface.

Shit talks Trump at every turn and rails about gun control constantly citing his dad being shot... in Beirut, during the unrest around the time of the bombings... -_-

Fuck Kerr.

Gregolian, good morning!

Kerr is a cucklord fuckface.

ahhh, come on man. you're a good poster, why do this?

if you want the man to slam China for Hong Kong, he may yet do that - but its a dangerous direction to head in.

- IGIT

What standard are you using that justifies forcing our own states to stay while cheering on secession as freedom and democracy in China?
What I'm saying is this is a completely different country. A Democratic Republic that chooses its own leaders and for the most part is complete with 50 states that have chosen to be a part of the Union.

The only exception of course resulted in Civil War.

Let's see another state try to leave in the modern day with a majority of that State's populous in agreement and taking to the streets in protest against the federal government before we make the assumption that everyone is going to is going to mock it and or disagree with it.

I don't disagree that people would mock it oh, I'm just saying that I need more than some poll where I don't know who made the poll and I don't know who answered the poll.

Gregolian, good morning!

ahhh, come on man. you're a good poster, why do this?

if you want the man to slam China for Hong Kong, he may yet do that - but its a dangerous direction to head in.

- IGIT
I'm from Washington so I'm still a tad gotten to that the Sonics when they had Durant, Westbrook, and Luke Ridnour and were a promising team that was taken away from Seattle and transplanted to fucking Oklahoma City so I basically bash the NBA at every turn.

I'm also not a fan of Kerr for acting holier than thou pontificating about Trump all the time and citing his dad's shooting death... in Beirut... as a reason for gun control while pulling the "Hong Kong is a complicated issue and we can't jump in head first and pick a side" side of the mouth doublespeak cause his multi million dollar paycheck necessitates it.

Just checking how many Trump-family businesses are over in China. Is it more than 0? k.
I'm certainly not in the business of trying to defend Trump's business practices. That's a Fool's errand.

What I'm saying is I haven't seen another president take China to task quite like this one has. If one has a gun to their head and told to look for bright spots in this presidency, this is one of the few.

In my opinion.

It's weird I live in Indiana and I got a 30-second voicemail this morning in Mandarin

<Eek2.0><Lmaoo>

ahoy Gregolian,

I'm from Washington so I'm still a tad gotten to that the Sonics when they had Durant, Westbrook, and Luke Ridnour and were a promising team that was taken away from Seattle and transplanted to fucking Oklahoma City so I basically bash the NBA at every turn.

lol, fair enough.

I'm also not a fan of Kerr for acting holier than thou pontificating about Trump all the time and citing his dad's shooting death... in Beirut... as a reason for gun control while pulling the "Hong Kong is a complicated issue and we can't jump in head first and pick a side" side of the mouth doublespeak cause his multi million dollar paycheck necessitates it.

Kerr has a complicated past, its pretty different from that of most NBA coaches and executives.

his father wasn't randomly killed, he was assassinated. the driver who helped the Kerr family escape from Beirut was also killed, shot by a sniper. a chaplain that had befriended the Kerr family and "taken them under his wing" was killed in the Beirut blast of 1983 (the one that resulted in 220 dead US marines).

four years later, during pregame at Arizona State, Kerr was taunted by the fans;
“P.L.O., P.L.O.,” “Your father’s history,” and “Why don’t you join the Marines and go back to Beirut?”

that kind of stuff is going to change a man, probably for the rest of his life.

i'd cut Steve a break.

- IGIT

ahoy Gregolian,

lol, fair enough.

Kerr has a complicated past, its pretty different from that of most NBA coaches and executives.

his father wasn't randomly killed, he was assassinated. the driver who helped the Kerr family escape from Beirut was also killed, shot by a sniper. a chaplain that had befriended the Kerr family and "taken them under his wing" was killed in the Beirut blast of 1983 (the one that resulted in 220 dead US marines).

four years later, during pregame at Arizona State, Kerr was taunted by the fans;
“P.L.O., P.L.O.,” “Your father’s history,” and “Why don’t you join the Marines and go back to Beirut?”

that kind of stuff is going to change a man, probably for the rest of his life.

i'd cut Steve a break.

- IGIT
I feel bad for a guy losing his father.

That said, I hate him using it for political theater. That sorta shit always bothers me.

Remember, Capitalism and Democracy are not synonymous. This is a great example of why I question Capitalism.

It doesn't care about anything but profit margin.

The NBA does not, because they stand by shoes and the $ generated by them.

hiya Whippy McGee,

our President doesn't stand with Hong Kong either. you're aware of this, right?

why are you all expecting the NBA to do what our POTUS is also afraid to do?

they both seek access to China's markets, and if that's what they want, then China makes the rules, not us. China doesn't have time for the 1st Amendment.

both Trump and the NBA grasp this.

- IGIT

Last edited:
The NBA has stood up for LGBTs, but they won't stand up for democracy?
Supporting LGBT is a source of money (these days), Democracy at the moment, at least in the short term, doesn't look like a money source. I'm sure they're busy figuring out what the overall best move is for finances.

hiya Whippy McGee,

our President doesn't stand with Hong Kong either, you're aware of this, right?

they both seek access to China's markets, and if that's what they want, then China makes the rules, not us. China doesn't have time for the 1st Amendment.

- IGIT

I am not a lock step partisan. NBA, Trump, etc... we should be supporting the people of Hong Kong. How you want to make this about Trump is strange to me.

I don't want to hear any sort of political speech, human right speech from NBA again. Yea you're a business this is why you're with China over human right then don't try to give your viewer moral advice and lectures.

I am not a lock step partisan. NBA, Trump, etc... we should be supporting the people of Hong Kong. How you want to make this about Trump is strange to me.

hi Whippy once more,

how you refuse to slag on President Trump for tucking his tail and doing as ordered is strange to me.

he's doing the same thing the NBA is, afterall.

they've both been ordered not to speak about Hong Kong, and both are complying.

- IGIT

hello PolishHeadlock2,

that's a dangerous statement (from a business perspective) for Mr. Silver to make.

it might have been smarter for him to adopt Coach Kerr's approach. when asked about the unrest in Hong Kong, Mr. Kerr said, “It’s a really bizarre international story, and a lot of us really don’t know what to make of it.”.

Kerr will probably avoid any repercussions via China's government.

the China has laid down its marker;
“The N.B.A. has been in cooperation with China for many years,” Geng Shuang, a spokesman for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, said at a briefing on Tuesday. “It knows clearly in its heart what to say and what to do.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/08/sports/adam-silver-nba-china-hong-kong.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Xi Jinping has dictated what President Trump is permitted to say about Hong Kong (if US soybean farmers want access to China's market), and he has obeyed.
i don't think its unreasonable for the Chinese government to expect some general manager (whom they probably haven't even heard of...a nobody, from China's perspective) of a sports team to do the same, if that sports team is a part of an organization that seeks greater penetration into China's market.

that's business.

- IGIT

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised by Silver's statement

hiya Whippy McGee,

our President doesn't stand with Hong Kong either. you're aware of this, right?

- IGIT
And it emphasizes the truth of the biblical quote about the love of money. The fucking players don't give a fuck about expanding into China. That's for the shareholders.

Now, looking at a different (and far less well known) sport, snooker, I have mixed feelings. In the UK, the professional game was on life support a while back and then it was revived via gambling money; now it thrives thanks to expansion into China. To me, that's not quite as bad. The sport would basically not exist anymore except as a hobby without Chinese money. Will it ultimately prove disastrous for the sport in terms of selling its soul? Probably. But for now I'm enjoying the renaissance while it lasts.

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised by Silver's statement

heya there PolishHeadlock2,

i'd have loved to have been a fly on the wall in the conference room where the NBA's response was hashed out.

- IGIT

But for now I'm enjoying the renaissance while it lasts.

hi Crazy Diamond,

in their executive offices somewhere in Detroit, the brass at GM are probably thinking the same thing.

without China, the company would probably evaporate right now.

that's life, and that's the reality we inhabit.

that's true if you support snooker...or the NBA...or a US soybean farmer - or the President of the United States.

- IGIT

Back