Opinion I stand with Hong kong

hi Whippy once more,

how you refuse to slag on President Trump for tucking his tail and doing as ordered is strange to me.

he's doing the same thing the NBA is, afterall.

they've both been ordered not to speak about Hong Kong, and both are complying.

- IGIT

I just said I don't support Trump's position either? I don't know if I can make it any more clear.

All because of a tweet...LOL.

hiya HereticBD,

that's china, man. the nail that sticks out gets pounded in.

in China, the government's perception is that the pen is truly mightier than the sword. you can own guns in china - lots of chinese do...but there is no 1st amendment right.

for the purposes of US entities (or the President) doing business with China, Xi has forbidden certain kinds of discourse.

that's the way it is.

- IGIT

I just said I don't support Trump's position either? I don't know if I can make it any more clear.

hello again Mr. McGee,

you could make it more clear by evenly distributing the invective that you spread upon the NBA.

just say it;

the President of the United States cares more about money than human rights, just like you said about the NBA.

- IGIT

If it were the United States of Asia with the same Constitution, then there would be no need for the world to offer Hong Kong support. They would have guns. They would have speech. They would have assembly. These people have Authoritarian thugs beating them, shooting them, and disappearing them. You do see the difference?

I see you moving the goalposts around and can't articulate where the line of support is drawn. Why aren't those things you mention what the people claim to be protesting over? Looks to me like they don't want criminals extradited to the mainland. Extradition is a commonly accepted practice around the globe.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/hong-kong-protesters-take-their-grievances-to-citys-airport-11564153415

HONG KONG—Travelers to Hong Kong were greeted by more than a thousand black-clad protesters, as antigovernment demonstrators took their grievances to the city’s airport ahead of another weekend of planned unrest that is starting to hurt the city’s economy.

Eight weeks of social upheaval in Hong Kong, sparked by a proposed bill that would allow criminal suspects to be extradited to China, is taking a toll on tourism and retail sectors in the semiautonomous region that is already suffering from trade frictions between the U.S. and China.

Seems these people just don't want to be governed by China. No different than a state who didn't want to be governed by Uncle Sam. But let's say it's about all those things you listed. Shouldn't we be boycotting China altogether? Where's the moral stand?

American corps supporting this regime, while criticizing America, are traitors.

At best.

Hey! Free Speech is only allowed if you align with Leftists, otherwise expect to be attacked, thrown out, or shouted down.

Hey man, don't let the right-wing media spread lies to you like @Trotsky stated! You must but an legendary idiot to believe these half truths.
Remember, Capitalism and Democracy are not synonymous. This is a great example of why I question Capitalism.

It doesn't care about anything but profit margin.

Imagine thinking that political systems and economic systems used within them aren't intertwined in their successes and failures.

Holy fuck these posts are so dumb.

Hey! Free Speech is only allowed if you align with Leftists, otherwise expect to be attacked, thrown out, or shouted down.
Hey man, don't let the right-wing media spread lies to you like @Trotsky stated! You must but an legendary idiot to believe these half truths.

Imagine thinking that political systems and economic systems used within them aren't intertwined in their successes and failures.

Holy fuck these posts are so dumb.

The protesters are the leftists, geniuses. The pro-China groups are all conservatives and Chinese nationalists.

Derp.

The protesters are the leftists, geniuses. The pro-China groups are all conservatives and Chinese nationalists.

Derp.

I literally never said anything about the Pro-China groups leaning right or being Chinese nationalists. Your autism can't separate your average Hong-Kong citizen from the political leaders. As in any democracy, there are corrupt individuals. Unfortunately in this case, it is the right.

Is there an effort in here to have debate for debates sake?

Are some guys in here seriously Pro China?

Or is there a serious need to establish that "this is just the way things are, deal with it"?

Derp.

Chinese conservatives ≠ US conservatives
Chinese leftists ≠ US leftists

Is there an effort in here to have debate for debates sake?

Are some guys in here seriously Pro China?

Or is there a serious need to establish that "this is just the way things are, deal with it"?

Argument in favor of the status quo is an argument in favor of China.

Clearly lots of people are in favor of china.

Derp.

Ignorance.

The HK protestors are using every right wing meme in the book. And talking about the second amendment, and free speech(our left hates free speech). They throw up the ok symbol and use Pepe the frog.

The HK protestors HATE western leftists.

They are all run by globalists, who HATE Americans. And will gladly sell out to china.
It's just easier to make a buck by kowtowing to China because a ton of Americans are already busy selling themselves out.

You look at a lot of posters here to use as an example and it just shows that the whole woke culture movement is just a game, a tactic to use so we can needle The Boogeyman AKA conservatives.

More concerned about something like white privilege then they are the privilege to... oh I don't know... express yourself freely.

Never mind. That's China's problem.
We have bigger fish to fry like getting a some Christian dude to bake a cake he doesn't want to or punish and shame someone for making the A-Okay hand sign, among other high priorities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back