Opinion I stand with Hong kong

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Kowboy Karl, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Whippy McGee

Whippy McGee Meme Master

I don't know about that. If a state had a super majority voting to bail, then I don't know they should be stopped.

2. Whippy McGee

Whippy McGee Meme Master

I find it troubling that people like James Harden are apologizing to the Communist Authoritarian Chinese Government. WTF is that?

The NBA puts $ above human rights.

jamesmiller14, A.C. and PhitePhan like this.
  3. Cubo de Sangre

Cubo de Sangre Titanium Belt

Anytime I've seen secession discussed there is an overwhelming majority of people who are against it. The concept is usually mocked and shamed. It was made illegal in the courts post-Civil War.

Whippy McGee likes this.
  4. good-faith poster

good-faith poster objectively

Rumour going around that China made a few calls and now @Kowboy Karl has been IP banned from sherdog. Scary if true.

5. Whippy McGee

Whippy McGee Meme Master

I have yet to see a state make a strong case, so I would agree with the mocking. But, I could see the rise of an Authoritarian Federal Government and then the idea could become not out of line.

jamesmiller14 and Cubo de Sangre like this.
  6. Cubo de Sangre

Strong case? To who? You seem to be viewing it from the perspective of allowing only what you agree with. Is it not a matter of freedom and democracy in principle? If China doesn't agree with people in Hong Kong then isn't that their business?

7. 7437

7437 Gold Belt

No. Human rights abuses are everyone's problem. China is everyone's problem. They dont exist in a vacuum.

8. Whippy McGee

Whippy McGee Meme Master

My Thunder! You stole it. Excellent post.

9. Cubo de Sangre

First off, that's your opinion that there's abuses taking place and that it's my problem too. Secondly, by that measure then it's the rest of the world that should decide whether a state has grounds to leave the union.

10. Whippy McGee

Whippy McGee Meme Master

We are Americans. We are only speaking for us. China has some Black Mirror Social Scoring insanity imposed on their people. They disappear people and it's not uncommon. They have slave labor conditions at factories. They want to tell the people of Hong Kong that they can be extradited to Mainland China. Hell yes we should all stand with Hong Kong and the NBA doesn't care for the sake of selling shoes.

11. Cubo de Sangre

So you don't simply support self-governance, you pick and choose based on whatever offends your personal sensibilities?

12. jefferz

jefferz Gold Belt Platinum Member

well if we weren't sure before, we now know that CPP propaganda agents are on Sherdog.

Crazy Diamond and jamesmiller14 like this.
  13. SammyJar88

SammyJar88 MAGA!!!

I support Hong Kong and Taiwan over the communist Chinese. American business's operating in China would be insane not to be planning a complete exit strategy, because the relationship isn't going to get any better, and that's a good thing. China isn't going to agree to our demands and play fair. We need to stop all Chinese student visas next. We know they are being used to spy. It would help stop our problem with Chinese espionage, and it would hurt the far left universities at the same time.

14. Orgasmo

Orgasmo Silver Belt

American service firms (investment banking, management consulting, accounting etc) triple their revenue in China in the past 10 years. The market in North America and Europe are saturated, and China is the new gold rush since they are just expanding from manufacturing to services. This may be news to you, but companies go where the money is, not where your nationalist sentiment want them to be. Walk into any Ivy League schools, and at least half the students in IT/Engineering/STEM are Chinese. They provide the talents to US firms to continue innovating. US leads the pack not because of xenophobic fear of spies. It does so by attracting the best talents from around the world. You are treating hundreds of thousands of professional talents as potential spies and pushing them back into the hands of Communist China. The fewer brains they have, the worse their future looks.

No, it won't hurt the "far left" university because Chinese students rarely study social sciences and liberal arts.

15. jamesmiller14

jamesmiller14 Hoosier Daddy

nothing more embarrassing than watching everyone fall all over themselves the bow down the fucking China.

It's a fucking disgrace. As soon as Trump is out we are going to work double-time to get that Chinese cock back in our mouth.

Crazy Diamond likes this.
  16. jamesmiller14

We aren't China...?

17. jamesmiller14

Boom

18. Cubo de Sangre

So double-standards?

jamesmiller14 likes this.
  19. jamesmiller14

I feel like it would be a double standard if we were the same as China and you were trying to compare a state leaving the union to Hong Kong breaking from China.

But we are not China. Not yet.

Whippy McGee and Cubo de Sangre like this.
  20. Cubo de Sangre

What standard are you using that justifies forcing our own states to stay while cheering on secession as freedom and democracy in China?

jamesmiller14 likes this.