I hope Ilia wins, and Chimaev loses

Koro_11

Yellow Card
Yellow Card
Reaction score
But I’m not cheering for Rob and I have nothing against Max. I just think this would be better for the divisions.

Overall, Max has been that guy that’s derailed every contender for a while now and him winning it would mean Max vs Volk again and I’m not interested in that at all.

Whittaker is stale too, but Chimaev is too unreliable to be someone I would want to have the title.

I think the Topuria winning and fighting Diego Lopez next, and Rob getting the winner of Strickland and Dricus would be the best outcome.

I agree with you that Khamzat is too unreliable. I'd be worried if he became champion that he'd end up fighting once a year in Abu Dhabi and the division would grind to a halt.

I have Topuria and Khamzat winning
For who I want to win, I'm neutral on the main event and rooting Whittaker in the co-main(don't think it'll happen tho)

Chimaev looked amazing sparring with that olympic wrestler.

But I get a feeling that he's degenerated, his demeanour is much more guarded / wounded, and he looks physically less robust.

If Khamzat wants to win he needs to finish Whittaker on the ground early, his striking power seems to have decreased. If the fight gets to the third / fourth round, Whittaker is going to outpoint him then drown him imo.

Khamzat has had a testy training period (not consistent) lots of interupptions, where as whittaker has had a really good solid consistent year of training.

Good must triumph over evil.

Edit: Unless you are Jon Jones then it is god testing one of his flock or something like that.

I really don’t want to see Max Volk 4

But I also don’t want max to get hurt badly.

I don’t care about what is good for a division or what sells more ppvs. I want the better fighter to win, but I’m just stupid that way.

But I’m not cheering for Rob and I have nothing against Max. I just think this would be better for the divisions.

Overall, Max has been that guy that’s derailed every contender for a while now and him winning it would mean Max vs Volk again and I’m not interested in that at all.

Whittaker is stale too, but Chimaev is too unreliable to be someone I would want to have the title.

I think the Topuria winning and fighting Diego Lopez next, and Rob getting the winner of Strickland and Dricus would be the best outcome.

They're both dinosaurs. Ilia and Khamzat both winning are better for the future of their divisions.

No one wants to see Max/Volk 4.
No one wants to see Whittaker/Izzy 3, DDP 2, or vs any other contender he's in the way of.
Max vs Lopes would be interesting, but it would probably be another contender derailment, and Max should just go up to 155 after Ilia tunes him up anyway.

Business wise it's the complete opposite. I'm sure the UFC would prefer Max to win, he's beloved by the fans and Topuria is unlikeable. But Khamzat beating Whittaker and then winning the title has serious star potential, the most since Silva.

No one wants to see Max/Volk 4.
I disagree. Max coming off a win over the guy who KO'd Volk and fighting Volk again would be a great fight. Bigger than Topuria fighting Volk again or whoever the next contender is.

Yes i want Illia to win. Its because if he beats Max via KO here i believe that he will be the evolution of MMA with more elite fighters like him coming forward. I also want Khamzat to lose becuase honestly he has not really prove himself to be a REAL superstar. He does not deserve, yet, to be acting like one.

Back