I have to be honest, I'm starting to believe nobody can beat Jones

I thought DC had a chance but now we can eliminate an elite wrestler beating him. Gustaffson is the only one that has shown that he has any realistic chance to beat Jones since he negates some of Bones Jones advantages

No fighter is unbeatable. Every new generation of fighter get labelled unbeatable until they get beat. Royce, Penn, Hughes, Fedor, GSP, Silva, etc...

Jones nuthuggers certainly do seem to be more vociferous and retarded than most, but their pom-Pom waving is nothing new. And once Jones loses (when we all least expect it) they'll move on to the next flavor of the month.

Hopefully by then it will be Irish dragon. That was the best striking clinic I've seen in a while.

But yeah. People love to associate themselves with dominant champions. I recognize some names who used to nuthug for Silva now doing the same for Jones and never talking about the spider anymore.

No fighter is unbeatable. Every new generation of fighter get labelled unbeatable until they get beat. Royce, Penn, Hughes, Fedor, GSP, Silva, etc...

Jones nuthuggers certainly do seem to be more vociferous and retarded than most, but their pom-Pom waving is nothing new. And once Jones loses (when we all least expect it) they'll move on to the next flavor of the month.

New to the forums, but I haven't read any vociferous and retarded posts to date, just fans predicting interesting challenges for the champ in the near future. I thought it was fun to try to predict and debate as taking part in the game.

Hopefully by then it will be Irish dragon. That was the best striking clinic I've seen in a while.

But yeah. People love to associate themselves with dominant champions. I recognize some names who used to nuthug for Silva now doing the same for Jones and never talking about the spider anymore.

Now there's something we can agree with...even without the crazy KO the dude looked great.
paul-felder-knocked-out-danny-castillo.gif

He looks like Evander Holyfield at cruiserweight or Michael Spinks at lhw. He could move up and be a champion but he'll lose fights at hw.

Gustafsson beats him in the rematch (again). Cain beats him down, JDS probably beats him too, Stipe might be able to beat him, Rumble has a decent shot potentially and DC could very well win a rematch as well. Weidman would also have a legit shot at beating him due to how smart he fights and his skills not being completely nullified by Jon's size advantage on paper.

Jones is one of the best fighters in the world. I wouldn't call him the best though. If he's able to beat Gustafsson in the rematch then it's safe to say that he probably is, or if he can beat Gus and then Rumble. There's nobody left in his division but those two and a rematch with Cormier down the line at some point.

I think Weidman is a monster at middleweight, but I don't see him besting Jones at lhw. In what aspect of the fight would Weidman dominate? Curious to know.

The division is almost most cleared. Gus ( How is a legit, and AJ). If Gus loses the rematch convincingly then JJ isn't losing to anyone LHW and will clear it out and issue second time beatings.

New to the forums, but I haven't read any vociferous and retarded posts to date, just fans predicting interesting challenges for the champ in the near future. I thought it was fun to try to predict and debate as taking part in the game.

Stick around. You'll probably see some within the next 5-10 minutes if you keep your eyes open and pay attention. If you don't, you may just be one of those aforementioned fans.

I was with you until I saw the part about HW. I don't think anyone we have in the UFC NOW can beat him at 205. Not even Gus or Rumble. There are a couple of folks at HW that I'd give a fair chance to.

I'd like to see him against guys same size, it's hard to argue he isn't GOAT considering his resume but to silence any doubt he has to take out a few guys at HW, doesn't even have to be the champ...just 2-3 top ten HW wins clearly makes him GOAT by miles.

Cain, JDS, and The Chris

Weidman and Jones will never happen. Weidman will retire at 185 and Bones is moving up in the next 3 years.

With that being said, I agree that Cigano and Cain will be huge test for Bones, but he still has one legit contender left at 205 and that's Gus.

I know i am in the minority but i believe Weidman is the best fighter in the world right now... I also see the weight cut to Mw being to hard for him eventually since his knee's arent the best and he will move up to LHW, hopefully after bones moves up even tho i would love to see that fight.

This is the truth. Champs usually are a step above the competition, which is why they are the champ. And it's not uncommon for them to go years before finally going down. Jones may remain champion for years to come, but his time will eventually come.

It was actually kind of unusual how LHW didn't have a dominant champ between the Liddell and Jones era. There was a period where the top guys were all pretty evenly matched and the belt was changing hands every fight. Unfortunately for the other challengers, Jones came along and he was a step above all of them, which is why he's dominated since then.

I know i am in the minority but i believe Weidman is the best fighter in the world right now... I also see the weight cut to Mw being to hard for him eventually since his knee's arent the best and he will move up to LHW, hopefully after bones moves up even tho i would love to see that fight.

Bones just out wrestled one of the best wrestlers in MMA. I see Bones having no problem with Weidmans wrestling and Jones picking him apart on the feet towards the later rounds.

Plus, Jones is moving to HW in the next 3 years hands down. Weidman will reign for at least 3 more years at 185. By the time he moves up, if he moves up, a big if IMO, he'll miss Bones because he would already had moved up.

Lesnar once said that there is always a giant sleeping in a cave somewhere that can come and beat you.

Back