I have to be honest, I'm starting to believe nobody can beat Jones

Gus beat him last time, but it was too close to clearly give him the championship belt.

Bones just out wrestled one of the best wrestlers in MMA. I see Bones having no problem with Weidmans wrestling and Jones picking him apart on the feet towards the later rounds.

Plus, Jones is moving to HW in the next 3 years hands down. Weidman will reign for at least 3 more years at 185. By the time he moves up, if he moves up, a big if IMO, he'll miss Bones because he would already had moved up.

I agree weidman still has fights left before he moves up, and also about bones ya he did out grapple DC but DC also boxed him up pretty good and weidman is taller with a longer reach and better/more diverse striking.. not as good wrestler but a even better all around grappler with his BJJ

I agree weidman still has fights left before he moves up, and also about bones ya he did out grapple DC but DC also boxed him up pretty good and weidman is taller with a longer reach and better/more diverse striking.. not as good wrestler but a even better all around grappler with his BJJ

If Jones beats Gus next, then Weidmans length means nothing.

It really should be G.O.T.E (greatest of their era) instead of GOAT. All time is just to debatable. I'm not a JBJ fan, but his style, wins, and dominance make him a GOTE in my book. And his frame should make him a considerable HW if he so choses. Then the all time talk really begins.

If Jones beats Gus next, then Weidmans length means nothing.

Yea. And nothing will stop Jones from leaning on Weidman in the Clinch and pushing him up against the cage and landing elbows downhill.

Yea. And nothing will stop Jones from leaning on Weidman in the Clinch and pushing him up against the cage and landing elbows downhill.

Maybe not but speed, stamina, crisper boxing, better footwork better knowledge of range could keep him away from the clinch.

Maybe not but speed, stamina, crisper boxing, better footwork better knowledge of range could keep him away from the clinch.

Your crazy if you think Weidman will control Jones in a fight

Your crazy if you think Weidman will control Jones in a fight

Did I say control? Don't put words in my mouth... I'm saying he has skills that are difficult for a lot of fighters. If it got to the clinch then no, but I think he could use his leg kicks and stand up to avoid constant clinch battles.

Back