I have to be honest, I'm starting to believe nobody can beat Jones

I'm never sure why anyone thinks any champ could just move up a weight division and clean it out.

The comparisons when a fighter drops a weight division are WAY out of order (Cormier and Shields especially; GSP DID NOT beat a MW and Jones DID NOT beat a HW)
Cormier does not have the same power at LHW. Not even close.
You have guys like JDS and Stipe, who hit like trucks.
You have a guy like Werdum, who is savvy and tricky no matter where the fight is.
And most other HW can end anyone's night with a single punch, which is guys like Hunt, Roy, Travis, Arlovski, etc.

Guys who cut to LHW can't do that. They have KO power, but it has to be a perfectly placed punch.

Cain has risen to the top of the HW lottery. And even he got caught once, and could have been caught against a journeyman like Kongo as well.
The X factor at HW is WAY beyond the 'luck' associated with fighting in any other division.

ANYONE can easily lose a fight at HW.
Jones is not a HW. The idea that he is going to be some musclebound monster if he doesn't cut to 205 is crazy.

Sure, over the long term, Jones could do well at HW. No guarantee he rules the division and there are some dangerous guys there.

There is a reason fighters fight in the lowest weight division possible.

Nah Gus has his number and I honestly with all my heart believe that Jon knows this...he's praying AJ beats him. Gus is a nightmare matchup for Jon, other than that yeah I see him being dominate for a long time and if he beats Gus legit this time I'll never doubt his GOAT status.

You presume to know what Jones really believes? They had an incredible first fight, but somehow I think Jones would dominate in a rematch. Both are beasts and I pray to the fight gods they fight again to see who comes out on top. Gus seems to be the better boxer/kick-boxer, but I think Jones takes another decision in an MMA fight.

i'd say cain could beat him, but he's the only one

im getting hyped matching jones up with top tier heavyweights now but the fact stands gustafsson blasted the shit out of him (to be fair jones obviously returned the favour).

the fight could have easily went to gus, so in a sense jones has already been defeated. the fact that he doesnt have a blemish on his record is just down to the random coin toss of what the lame judges will say.

instead of rematching gus to prove dominance, jones fought two other guys, and now gus has lost his shot and will have to fight rumble for a chance to rematch the guy he put in hospital.

funny how jones called out another short fat dude in cain, instead of stefan struve /trollface

Why do people keep mentioning Valesquez? I don't think he will drop down to 205. And it doesn't seem as though Jones wants to go up to HW. Maybe I'm wrong. I hope I am I'd love to see it.

Gus rematch is going to be another war and he's definitely going to bring it to Jones.

Jones fans are the ones saying "Jones took Gus lightly"... if you look at Jones after the fight the look on his face tells me that he knew he wasn't the better man that night.

the look on his face wasnt a facial expression though, it was simply roadkill

You presume to know what Jones really believes? They had an incredible first fight, but somehow I think Jones would dominate in a rematch. Both are beasts and I pray to the fight gods they fight again to see who comes out on top. Gus seems to be the better boxer/kick-boxer, but I think Jones takes another decision in an MMA fight.

Yeah I mean I don't disagree that Jones could take it but you could just tell in his voice and in his eyes that that was the hardest night of his life...he was visibly beaten and he didn't seem to have the same spirit at the press conference. I don't know exactly how he felt but I could tell it was different against Gus...he even looked more panicky going back to his corner after the first round.

I hope it's as good as the last fight, but I see Gus improving on his mistakes and winning it using superior movement and boxing.

Gus can and very nearly did, he has the physical attributes and skill set to beat Jones.

Cain, Dc and any other wrestler is not the answer, the lanky boxer with good TDD and smooth footwork is.

I think if he fought at HW someone would catch him eventually, it's just the nature of the division. Still I think he'd have great success.

I agree, I'm ready to see what Gus can do, because I truly do believe Gus won that fight, and Rumble is an interesting fight to me as well. But anybody who can't see that Jon Jones is the greatest fighter the sport has ever seen, is blind.

Name the fighter that has done what he has in their career? 22-0 and look at that schedule of opponents..

21-1 everyone knows Jones elbows got destroyed by Hamils iron face.

But I could name a few...Aldo for example is on a 19 fight win streak and he has been facing the best for 6 years.

Yeah I mean I don't disagree that Jones could take it but you could just tell in his voice and in his eyes that that was the hardest night of his life...he was visibly beaten and he didn't seem to have the same spirit at the press conference. I don't know exactly how he felt but I could tell it was different against Gus...he even looked more panicky going back to his corner after the first round.

I hope it's as good as the last fight, but I see Gus improving on his mistakes and winning it using superior movement and boxing.

Guys like Jones and Gus could fight a dozen times and I would tune in every time. Watching Gus's striking in their first match was astonishing. To see a guy so tall move like that blew my mind.
To the next one!

I think if he fought at HW someone would catch him eventually, it's just the nature of the division. Still I think he'd have great success.

Fedor never got caught. Jon Jones would beat everyone at HW. Including Fedor.

How awesome would Jon Jones vs Fedor be?

Why can't we get Fedor to the UFC? It's just ridiculous

I honestly think Jones took Gus lightly the first time... And you can't really blame him. At the time Gus was a nobody compared to the guys Jon faced in his previous title defenses.

The problem is, Gus made very few mistakes in the first fight & still lost. What can he do more in the rematch that he didn't do in the first fight???
Jones on the other hand has a ton of improvements to make for the rematch. With his work ethic & fight IQ I can see him dominating Gus in a rematch. Kinda like Silva-Sonnen 2.

Cain on the other hand probably gives Jones major problems.

21-1 everyone knows Jones elbows got destroyed by Hamils iron face.

But I could name a few...Aldo for example is on a 19 fight win streak and he has been facing the best for 6 years.

Yes but Jon Jones has been facing and destroying the best I'm the best division

Name the fighter that has done what he has in their career? 22-0 and look at that schedule of opponents..

21-1.

He threw an un-losable fight away by fighting carelessly.

It's actually a pretty significant loss.

Guys like Jones and Gus could fight a dozen times and I would tune in every time. Watching Gus's striking in their first match was astonishing. To see a guy so tall move like that blew my mind.
To the next one!

Oh, and my only argument is I think Jones has a greater skill set to work with in improving upon his first fight with Gus. He may have more options in his fight strategy. Dunno, it's just what I see in his style.

Back