I have to be honest, I'm starting to believe nobody can beat Jones

I like Gus but he still lost and was almost finished in the 4th.

If Gus does pull it off, his reign will be short lived because Phil and especially DC are bad match ups for him. The belt will find its way back to Jon in a trilogy or a round about way.

We had the Tito era, the Fedor/Wand era, the Anderson era, now we are in the JBJ era.

PS, I skipped Chuck and Cain because the lack of diversity in their opponents. But they are still greats.

After his fight with Gus I can't see him beating JDS or Miocic. Werdum and Cain would be hell for him too. I don't think hunto or Travis Browne would beat him any more though.
The Cormier fight was not the dominant beat down people are making it out to be. Cormier was winning that fight until he gassed, something Cain won't do

weidman will pwn him!

chris is the kareem abdul jabbar of our generation

I would feel the same, except for that Gus fight. It showed that Jones can be beaten because he came very close and was in terrible shape after that fight.

and that includes HW. He's beat the best fighters in the world Shogun, Machida, Evans, Glover, Gus, DC...

Ill put it this way why does anybody think Jones would be anything less then the number 2 HW in the world? He just beat the number 2 HW in the world people, get with it. Hes 6'4 with a 84" reach he will have zero problem at HW.

The last two challenges for Jon are the rematch with Gus (assuming he beats Rumble) and Cain. That's it, other then that there is no one left.

Look i'm not even much of a Jones fan, but even i have to admit hes the best fighter in the world.

Nah...It's like the George Orwell quote in that one guy's sig... whoever is winning at the moment appears invincible. Someone will come along...GSP to Hughes... Weidman to Silva.

im getting hyped matching jones up with top tier heavyweights now but the fact stands gustafsson blasted the shit out of him (to be fair jones obviously returned the favour).

the fight could have easily went to gus, so in a sense jones has already been defeated. the fact that he doesnt have a blemish on his record is just down to the random coin toss of what the lame judges will say.

instead of rematching gus to prove dominance, jones fought two other guys, and now gus has lost his shot and will have to fight rumble for a chance to rematch the guy he put in hospital.

funny how jones called out another short fat dude in cain, instead of stefan struve /trollface

He signed to rematch Gus. Gus pulled out with injury.

Nah Gus has his number and I honestly with all my heart believe that Jon knows this...he's praying AJ beats him. Gus is a nightmare matchup for Jon, other than that yeah I see him being dominate for a long time and if he beats Gus legit this time I'll never doubt his GOAT status.

Of course he knows this, he gave him his number at the hospital so Gus would have someone to call when he felt like crying about his loss.

Agreed with everyone who says that you can't predict who will come along. That said, it very well may be that the fighter capable of beating him is not in the UFC at this time. I really want to see him fight Gus again, though. And I'd like to see him fight an exhibition fight at HW against at top 10 guy, just to see what happens.

Of course, he may have his GSP/Serra fluke happen to him at any time. He is human.

After his fight with Gus I can't see him beating JDS or Miocic. Werdum and Cain would be hell for him too. I don't think hunto or Travis Browne would beat him any more though.
The Cormier fight was not the dominant beat down people are making it out to be. Cormier was winning that fight until he gassed, something Cain won't do

The DC fight may not have been super dominant, but there was really nothing DC was going to do. His stricking was just not that.Outside of the uppercuts in the clinch, DC was missing a WHOLE LOT. I was both there and rewatch the fight. Overall Jon was better in the clinch. His game was to break him down with body shots.

Anderson fucked up people's perception of what dominance is. Fans expect fighters to dance around there opponents. Fighters, including champs are going to get hit.

R 1 was close, but I nudge it to Jon. 2 was all DC but Jon's 4th greater in terms of dominance than DC's 2nd. 5 was Jon, 3 was slightly in DC favor but you can see the gassing taknig a toll.

The last 2 fighters who seemed this way to me, were fedor, and young penn.

Nah Gus has his number and I honestly with all my heart believe that Jon knows this...he's praying AJ beats him. Gus is a nightmare matchup for Jon, other than that yeah I see him being dominate for a long time and if he beats Gus legit this time I'll never doubt his GOAT status.

Jones already beat Gus. Or do you contest that decision ?

One thing a lot of the noobs learn eventually is that there is always another contender. Both GSP and Anderson cleaned out there division numerous times.

At the moment yes

Yes but Jon Jones has been facing and destroying the best I'm the best division

Aldo also has, are you doubting that? He's actually beat so many fighters that a lot of his future fights are rematches.

Jones already beat Gus. Or do you contest that decision ?

Meh, I have my opinion but it was a close fight could have gone either way. I just think Gus comes back with more, and gets the job done this time. I know Jones is worried, not scared but there's something inside of him that doesn't want Gus again.

Don't expect Gus/Jones 2 to be very competitive. Gus surprised Jones with his TDD, I'm certain that Jones's gameplan was to take Gus down and pound him out, but when he couldn't he didn't have a solid plan b.

Yet Jones still found a way to win, and more importantly did it in the championship rounds.

Anyone can lose on any given day but Jones is as well rounded as any fighter I've ever seen. And now we know he can take big shots.

Personally, I do t see him losing to any current top ranked fighters at 205. HW could be a different story but doesn't sound like he's moving up in 2015.

Aldo also has, are you doubting that? He's actually beat so many fighters that a lot of his future fights are rematches.

Why does it seem like people forget how long Jose has held the belt?

Back