I hate to say it but Gus has 0 credible wins on his resume

Mauricio Rua - Win, this was the old sloppy Shogun with multiple knee surgeries.

win Thiago Silva - Win, Thiago lost recently in WSOF by brutal stoppage

It's easy to talk down his opponents after they went on to become worse fighters for various reasons but that doesn't change the fact that they were still relevant top 10 fighters at the time. You could use these lame arguments to make any wins sound bad.

Shit thread.

"Jon Jones - loss"

You totally don't sound biased bro. Lol.

Haven't you read the thread title? He hates to say that, he is totally unbiased :icon_chee

Uhm, how does stating a simple fact make you sound biased?

YOU sound biased, actually.

I think it's the fact that OP puts "BRUTAL KO" and "BRUTAL SUBMISSION" in front of Gus 2 losses, and puts a lot of efforts to diminish the importance of his wins, only to put a very sober "loss" next to JJ's that makes him look biased.

But it doesn't matter. The fans know who really won that fight, and Gus will always be remembered as the first guy who beat the hell out of Jones.

It's like the Shogun/Machida 1 situation, officially Shogun lost the fight, but in the eyes of the fans he won, and is considered to be the first to "solve the Lyoto puzzle".

Only difference is that Dana didn't give Gus an immediate rematch to settle it for good.
And he told Joe Rogan to announce that if you disagree, you hate Black people.
I'm a Black supremacist and even I found that total bullshit hilariously forced.

Just look at all the fan polls about this fight on Sherdog (and other MMA websites), Gus always gets the nod...

RF

Really? That means Jones had his toughest fight of his career,in a match he even lost to the eyes of many,against a guy with 0 good wins?

That must mean Jon Jones is a scrub then.

You have a strange definition of the "majority."

ERPGMpV.gif

You should've waited a few minutes before posting this.

Gregg Doyel (CBS Sports): 48-47 Gustafsson
CBS Sports

Sorry but Gus isn't going to be able to depend on that "near win" to keep his stock high for the rest of his life. Especially now that Rumble got off in that ass.

He should consider himself lucky that Dana gifted him a shitle tot but if he loses again then he needs to start fading into obscurity.

Using TS' logic, I can prove Jon Jones has 0 credible wins too.

Cormier - Fat, old. Can't even make weight without kidney problems.

Glover - Old. Went on to lose to a Bellator fighter.

Gustaffson - Should have lost to a guy with 0 credible wins.

Sonnen - lol

Vitor - 185er

Rashad - Went on to lose to Lil Nig then retired.

Machida - 185er who's on a losing streak.

Rampage - Way past his prime, was lucky to beat 185er Machida.

Shogun - See TS.

Bader - Best win was a robbery over Lil Nig. Went on to get brutally guillotined by Tito of all people.

Matyshenko - See TS.

Vera - lol

Hamil - Brutal loss.

After the Rumble loss, who cares that Gus almost won a fight two years ago?

The Jones fight really is a giant outlier on an otherwise very mediocre UFC career.

On paper, Bader has a much better record.

no, the majority of people aren't delusional swedes incapable of looking at something objectively and rationally

lol your signature tells the whole story.

Jones lost that fight. Deal with it and move on.

Thiago Silva, Manuwa and Shogun are very legit wins! and the fact he arguably beats Jones the only GOAT in my eyes is something only he can say and a huge achievement

Well the beating he gave the real MMA-GOAT is enough to convince me about his skills, and apparently enough to convince Dana also

Uhm, how does stating a simple fact make you sound biased?

YOU sound biased, actually.

Obviously when the rest of the post is not fact based for the same type of thing. Everything except the Jones fight is elaborated upon.

Also; "0 credible wins" is also completely objective, right? There's no such thing in the UFC. If you beat someone fair and square, you have a credible win.

I think he beat Jones, but it doesn't matter anymore. He needs to prove he can beat another top fighter.

what a slow week for sherdog, been a while since a gus/jones thread popped up.

has ronda not posted her breakfast on instagram yet?

lol your signature tells the whole story.

Jones lost that fight. Deal with it and move on.

Funny, someone who cant even acknowledge the true result of the fight saying 'deal with it'.

I would not say that is true,but what i will say is this. Because he gave Jones a hard fight(the correct decision in the fight not controversial at all to me) people think he is as good a fighter as Jones ,but he has never shown that to be the case. He struggles with guys that Jones absolutley dominates,and I think he loses to Cormier. I had high hopes for him,but when you see him in the fight with Manuwa,who i like alot,you think,does this guy really has what it takes to lord over this division? maybe,but he hasnt shown it yet.When he lost to rumble,i wasnt surprised,although i thought itd go longer. To say he has 0 credible wins though is absolutley ridiculous.

Using TS' logic, I can prove Jon Jones has 0 credible wins too.

Cormier - Fat, old. Can't even make weight without kidney problems.

Glover - Old. Went on to lose to a Bellator fighter.

Gustaffson - Should have lost to a guy with 0 credible wins.

Sonnen - lol

Vitor - 185er

Rashad - Went on to lose to Lil Nig then retired.

Machida - 185er who's on a losing streak.

Rampage - Way past his prime, was lucky to beat 185er Machida.

Shogun - See TS.

Bader - Best win was a robbery over Lil Nig. Went on to get brutally guillotined by Tito of all people.

Matyshenko - See TS.

Vera - lol

Hamil - Brutal loss.
Your logic is pure retardation. TS is right about most of Gus's win. And Rashad isn't retired. Jones resume is easily superior. You are shertards finest

Back