I hate to say it but Gus has 0 credible wins on his resume

cybernetics

Green Belt
Reaction score
Anthony Johnson - Brutal Loss

Jimi Manuwa - Win, Jimi has never done anything in the top ten of the division

Jon Jones- Loss

Mauricio Rua - Win, this was the old sloppy Shogun with multiple knee surgeries.

win Thiago Silva - Win, Thiago lost recently in WSOF by brutal stoppage

Vladimir Matyushenko - Win, this was a good win over a aging vet.

Matt Hamill - Win over a Hamill who was going to hang the gloves up

James Te Huna - Win another person who has done nothing int the top 10.

Cyrille Diabate - Win over aging kickboxer

Phil Davis - Loss brutal sub.

Jared Hamman - Win over a 185 fighter.

Going by just facts Vladimir Matyushenko is Gus marquee win. Vladimir Matyushenko is a good but not great fighter but somehow this is Gus's keystone career win.

The majority of people agree he beat Jones and was screwed by the judges

I like how the Jones fight is just noted with "loss"...

& you think Maty is a better win than Shogun, Silva or Manuwa? I mean, I knew you were crazy but...

Obvious butthurt Jones fanboy.

He gave JJ the beating of his life, and should have gotten the nod. Or at least a draw.

Another classical example of Dana's bullshit rule "To beat the champ you have to brutally stop him! And then do it again in an immediate rematch, because fans love that shit!"

Also, Shogun was way out of his prime and looked a weight class smaller than Gus, but he really made his work for that victory, there were sparks of the old Shogun in that fight.

Gus is one tough white boy

RF

If the Jones fight was a 3 rounder, he would have beat him, and he was beating him pretty good till the end of the fourth round.

This fight alone speaks for itself!

His loss to Jones was more impressive than 90% of the good wins that have ever happened in MMA.

His biggest achievement is almost winning a fight. Which is a Jon Jones fight so its a big deal but I thought it was because Jones fought horribly more than Gus fighting a good fight.. and Jones still beat him and almost finished him.

no, the majority of people aren't delusional swedes incapable of looking at something objectively and rationally

Oh boy...Moroz lost so now you're starting your "new" gimmick....and when I say "new" I'm being sarcastic as this topic has been done to death

Oh boy...Moroz lost so now you're starting your "new" gimmick....and when I say "new" I'm being sarcastic as this topic has been done to death

:icon_lol: He'll probably make a thread bashing on Moroz any day now. This is just an awful "distraction".

The majority of people dislike Jones. I'll let you figure out the connection.

The majority of media outlets had Jones winning.

lZmIDZC.png

icon11.gif

His biggest achievement is almost winning a fight. Which is a Jon Jones fight so its a big deal but I thought it was because Jones fought horribly more than Gus fighting a good fight.. and Jones still beat him and almost finished him.

That's the new excuse? Actually never heard of that one. How did Jones fight horribly?

Back