I hate to say it but Gus has 0 credible wins on his resume

Obvious butthurt Jones fanboy.

He gave JJ the beating of his life, and should have gotten the nod. Or at least a draw.

Another classical example of Dana's bullshit rule "To beat the champ you have to brutally stop him! And then do it again in an immediate rematch, because fans love that shit!"

Also, Shogun was way out of his prime and looked a weight class smaller than Gus, but he really made his work for that victory, there were sparks of the old Shogun in that fight.

Gus is one tough white boy

RF
WTF?

Are you under the impression Dana judges the fights?

And if you understand the scoring system, a 10-point must system, you know why Gus shouldn't have gotten the nod or the draw. Which clearly you don't because you think Dana has some rule affecting the judging. That whole retarded argument with you the other night is making much more sense now.

The truth is Gus did far, far better in his loss to Jones than anyone else has done. He was like 90 seconds away from being up 3 rounds to 1 and then got rocked by elbows and never recovered in the 5th and still was in it. You hold your own against Jones like that you get some credibility.

He is 16-3. And the losses were to Jones, AJ, and Davis who would never sub him like that again. And AJ times Gus on kick that his idiot manager called out and AJ was just sitting on. Props to AJ but it wasn't your average finish. Let's not pretend 16-3 with losses to guys in the top 5 is washed up. He is young and has shown flashes of brilliance. Time will tell

I'm glad he's fighting DC. So DC can wreck him and him and his fanboys can come to the realisation that he isn't as good as they think.

He would be losing to the 3 top guys in the division. The LHW goat, current champ and the top contender in 2015. Its not like he's losing to the likes of Ryan Bader and below that. He's still a top 5 LHW at that point.

Gus has to make a statement in this fight with DC though to prove he's championship level.

If there are top 10 LHW's beating other top 10 LHW's, they have to be ranked higher than a top 5 LHW losing to other top 5 LHW's.

Well he has a win over one of the three greatest P4P fighters ever.

Plus he has a win over another of the top 5 LHW's ever, even if he was past his prime.

Silva was a decent enough opponent too.

Seems credible to me. I accept that his body of work needs real improvement, but, Rumble KO aside, blame matchmaking rather than Gus.

WTF?

Are you under the impression Dana judges the fights?

And if you understand the scoring system, a 10-point must system, you know why Gus shouldn't have gotten the nod or the draw. Which clearly you don't because you think Dana has some rule affecting the judging. That whole retarded argument with you the other night is making much more sense now.

lol, what the hell are you talking about?
Do you have some reading comprehension problems?

As for the 10 points system, you could easily score it
round 1: 10-9 Gus
2: 10-9 Gus
3: 10-10 (arguably 10-9 for Gus)
4: 10-9 Jones
5: 10-9 Jones

And you have a draw. If, like the majority of fans, you give the third round 10-9 for Gus you have a decision win for him.

RF

You have a strange definition of the "majority."

ERPGMpV.gif

Where's the fan scoring from?

lol, what the hell are you talking about?
Do you have some reading comprehension problems?

As for the 10 points system, you could easily score it
round 1: 10-9 Gus
2: 10-9 Gus
3: 10-10 (arguably 10-9 for Gus)
4: 10-9 Jones
5: 10-9 Jones

And you have a draw. If, like the majority of fans, you give the third round 10-9 for Gus you have a decision win for him.

RF
No reading comprehension problems. Why don't you explain how Dana did what you said:

"Another classical example of Dana's bullshit rule "To beat the champ you have to brutally stop him! And then do it again in an immediate rematch, because fans love that shit!"

How is that fight an example of Dana's rule? Gus lost because the three judges at ringside said he lost. And I'm not even going to bother with you arguing Round 2 for Gus, lol. Just explain how this was another classic example of Dana's rule.

If there are top 10 LHW's beating other top 10 LHW's, they have to be ranked higher than a top 5 LHW losing to other top 5 LHW's.

I meant more in terms of his level and ability rather then ranking, a top 5 quality LHW.

But as for guy behind him moving ahead of him?? Were dealing with rankings here and they are sometimes inconsistent, there are divisions where this happens and there are divisions where a top 5 guy loses to every other top 5 guy but is still top 5. Look at Machida, in the past 15 months lost to Weidman, Rockold and Romero but still ranked #5 even though he hasnt really beat anyone. I would still have Gus top 5, it all depends on what else is going on in the division. At LHW there arent any top 10 guys doing much to be lifted over him.

The truth is Gus did far, far better in his loss to Jones than anyone else has done. He was like 90 seconds away from being up 3 rounds to 1 and then got rocked by elbows and never recovered in the 5th and still was in it. You hold your own against Jones like that you get some credibility.

More like 40 seconds away.

Frankly, I'm baffled by this thread's title. Gus has 13 stoppages in 16 victories. Surely stoppage wins are credible wins.

Top 5 win in Shogun. The only one to give Jones a fight and was on his way to win the fight until the elbow, we don't really know who is the better fighter between him and Rumble. They will fight again so no worries.
He will have a close fight with Cormier - win or lose. Then a fight against Jones again if he wins and Rumble if he loses.

Is good.

I like Gus and wanted him to beat Jones but he didn't. Lets not live in denial people.

Back