I found my major weakness....

So ive been sparring at the the ufc gym im at. And one thing i've noticed is my major weakness is a guy who pressures with the jab. And i started looking back on my other videos and i noticed that the pro fighter i sparred with he found very quick that the using volume jabs really gets me uncomfortable and pressures me a bit more especially the golden glovez champ i sparred in miami. And theres one kid i think hes the same age as me. He said he been training on and off for years. But his best aspect of his boxing skills is his jab, hes very good with it.

So i told him ima need to spar with him more because he gives me more of a challenge and anybody who knowd how to throw a jab can quickly learn to pressure someone with it. And idk who i'm fighting on march 28th but if they train chances are they going to pressure me with that jab once they see how sometimes i have trouble reacting to it.

lol lean into the jab and try to get them to hit the upper part of your head then push through and land combination shots since they have lost tempo after landing shots on that void skull of yours

if you want to avoid jabs then go to a tennis court and have tennis balls thrown at you by a machine

lol lean into the jab and try to get them to hit the upper part of your head then push through and land combination shots since they have lost tempo after landing shots on that void skull of yours

if you want to avoid jabs then go to a tennis court and have tennis balls thrown at you by a machine

That doesnt sound like a bad idea lol i dont got problem taking 2 and giving a few back. Obviously not going to do it everytime except when necessary.

Last edited:
@ironkhan57

you should use MSM … it is good for recovery bro.

my bro said this was the best dec. of all time.

I dont like to move the bag i like to finish it. I kind of feel it better helps for people to throw punches at me and then turn it up when they see my defense is gettinf better.

But seems like im hitting the bag right since the punch and the bags reaction sounds right.
I don’t think you understand this is a basic exercise common in most boxing gyms you don’t push the bag with punches.. you literally push the bag so it swings and you follow it. Forcing you to move with it. You can mix it up by timing your punches for when the bag swings towards you. Also doing things like pivoting around the bag as it swings forward in to you.

This is not about how your punches are landing on the bag or if you are pushing your punches or not.

So ive been sparring at the the ufc gym im at. And one thing i've noticed is my major weakness is a guy who pressures with the jab. And i started looking back on my other videos and i noticed that the pro fighter i sparred with he found very quick that the using volume jabs really gets me uncomfortable and pressures me a bit more especially the golden glovez champ i sparred in miami. And theres one kid i think hes the same age as me. He said he been training on and off for years. But his best aspect of his boxing skills is his jab, hes very good with it.

So i told him ima need to spar with him more because he gives me more of a challenge and anybody who knowd how to throw a jab can quickly learn to pressure someone with it. And idk who i'm fighting on march 28th but if they train chances are they going to pressure me with that jab once they see how sometimes i have trouble reacting to it.

The jab is the most important punch, of any sport that involves punching.

I believe it was teddy atlas who said: I have seen good boxers with good jabs, and I have seen bad boxers with good jabs......but you will never see a good boxer with a bad jab.

As others have mentioned, perhaps a bit harshly, and I have told you before, you need to work on being able to work through getting hit. Whether you win or loose, your gonna get hit. Getting hit once is not the end of the world. Take the shot, and fight through it.

Regarding sparring guys better than you......its great, keep doing it, its a great way to learn. They are much better than you skill wise, and are taking it easy on you......they are "working" with you...which again is great! it can be hard to find guys willing to do that, and its one of the best, if not the best way to learn.......but dont confuse sparring with a high level guy who is taking it easy on you and "working" with you, as you being able to hang with these guys. like i said, they are working with you, and from what I could see, could lay you out any time they wanted to.......dont take that as an insult, as there are guys out there that are much better than me that could do the same, and if and when I get to spar them, and they take it easy on me, its a learning experience for me to improve.

I know you have been training for a while now, and sparring and even fighting. If I was your coach I wouldnt have you fighting, light sparring would be ok, but you still need to work your basics and fundamentals and improve there, as well as your confidence. I know you are getting coached or what not, but its a shame that you got a guy, (you) who has the heart, drive, and determination to train and fight, but it doesnt seem you have come across a coach that is willing to invest any major time or effort into improving you. Thats ok, it was thay way for myself for a long time as well. Just keep training, studying, learning, and improving, and you will surely get better khan.

Regarding the jab, just parry it and jab back........however, rather then parry, and then throw your jab, making it 2 motions, give this a try......throw your own jab at the same time you parry his. so rather than parry and jab back........you jab/parry at the same time. soon as you see his jab coming, throw your own. Dont look at his punch as oh shit im gonna get hit, look at it as a opportunity to counter him. Easier said then done i know.

I don’t think you understand this is a basic exercise common in most boxing gyms you don’t push the bag with punches.. you literally push the bag so it swings and you follow it. Forcing you to move with it. You can mix it up by timing your punches for when the bag swings towards you. Also doing things like pivoting around the bag as it swings forward in to you.

This is not about how your punches are landing on the bag or if you are pushing your punches or not.

Ya i'm try that tomorrow i didnt even think of it like that.
The jab is the most important punch, of any sport that involves punching.

I believe it was teddy atlas who said: I have seen good boxers with good jabs, and I have seen bad boxers with good jabs......but you will never see a good boxer with a bad jab.

As others have mentioned, perhaps a bit harshly, and I have told you before, you need to work on being able to work through getting hit. Whether you win or loose, your gonna get hit. Getting hit once is not the end of the world. Take the shot, and fight through it.

Regarding sparring guys better than you......its great, keep doing it, its a great way to learn. They are much better than you skill wise, and are taking it easy on you......they are "working" with you...which again is great! it can be hard to find guys willing to do that, and its one of the best, if not the best way to learn.......but dont confuse sparring with a high level guy who is taking it easy on you and "working" with you, as you being able to hang with these guys. like i said, they are working with you, and from what I could see, could lay you out any time they wanted to.......dont take that as an insult, as there are guys out there that are much better than me that could do the same, and if and when I get to spar them, and they take it easy on me, its a learning experience for me to improve.

I know you have been training for a while now, and sparring and even fighting. If I was your coach I wouldnt have you fighting, light sparring would be ok, but you still need to work your basics and fundamentals and improve there, as well as your confidence. I know you are getting coached or what not, but its a shame that you got a guy, (you) who has the heart, drive, and determination to train and fight, but it doesnt seem you have come across a coach that is willing to invest any major time or effort into improving you. Thats ok, it was thay way for myself for a long time as well. Just keep training, studying, learning, and improving, and you will surely get better khan.

Regarding the jab, just parry it and jab back........however, rather then parry, and then throw your jab, making it 2 motions, give this a try......throw your own jab at the same time you parry his. so rather than parry and jab back........you jab/parry at the same time. soon as you see his jab coming, throw your own. Dont look at his punch as oh shit im gonna get hit, look at it as a opportunity to counter him. Easier said then done i know.

I got down to the third paragraph. So i will respond to those. So yes i have been told i need to work on taking shots heres another thing for the first round when i was sparring 80% with this kid (we basically equal in away some rounds i edge him and he edges me the next bcuz he learns and i learn after each round) i did not have headgear on and he did lol so basically everytime i hit him with a good right and left hook his head got impacted but not hurt and the 2x he minorly rocked me i did fight thru it.

I actually really try to show each and every instructor that i am not no bitch so for the past 2 years i did work on firing back after getting hit and i did hit this kid a lot off his jab i did take one and kind get inside and hit him a bit more. The 2nd round they found me a headgear so i sparred with him for that round he started keeping his distance for the jab more to set up that right hand. So thats how he got me more in the 2nd.

Ill read the rest of that in the morning. This guy was kind like a scale. First round i found ways to hit him and get him more and the next round he got me more. Hes not a competing amatuer but he does give me more of a challenge.

Ya i'm try that tomorrow i didnt even think of it like that.

I got down to the third paragraph. So i will respond to those. So yes i have been told i need to work on taking shots heres another thing for the first round when i was sparring 80% with this kid (we basically equal in away some rounds i edge him and he edges me the next bcuz he learns and i learn after each round) i did not have headgear on and he did lol so basically everytime i hit him with a good right and left hook his head got impacted but not hurt and the 2x he minorly rocked me i did fight thru it.

I actually really try to show each and every instructor that i am not no bitch so for the past 2 years i did work on firing back after getting hit and i did hit this kid a lot off his jab i did take one and kind get inside and hit him a bit more. The 2nd round they found me a headgear so i sparred with him for that round he started keeping his distance for the jab more to set up that right hand. So thats how he got me more in the 2nd.

Ill read the rest of that in the morning. This guy was kind like a scale. First round i found ways to hit him and get him more and the next round he got me more. Hes not a competing amatuer but he does give me more of a challenge.

I am going to PM you later when i get some time with a few more suggestions and advice.

Sinister is probably the most experienced fighter/coach on the forum, both him and me have easily recognized, and stated, lack of quality coaching is one of the problems your facing. Its not your fault, good coaches that are willing to invest any time and effort into you are hard to find.

I am going to PM you later when i get some time with a few more suggestions and advice.

Sinister is probably the most experienced fighter/coach on the forum, both him and me have easily recognized, and stated, lack of quality coaching is one of the problems your facing. Its not your fault, good coaches that are willing to invest any time and effort into you are hard to find.

Why would they when he hasnt even had an official ammy fight yet and probably only has started to put serious work in a short time ago (if he has started)

Hes a hobbyist at the moment since he has no official ammy fights. Dunno about usa but here coaches would not care that much until a guy starts signing up for competitions.

as an example i only started to appear on coaches radar when i started to go training 6 times a week and started competing later. then i proceeded to disappear from the radar when it became obvious i didnt have "it" lmao

Last edited:

This is the best i got right now
And i remember in one thread a few years ago ya'll said it doesnt matter the instructor it matters how well i take in then info.

Honestly ozzie duran was a better instructor. And john salgado.

This is the best i got right now
And i remember in one thread a few years ago ya'll said it doesnt matter the instructor it matters how well i take in then info.

Honestly ozzie duran was a better instructor. And john salgado.

dont know who told you that, but i have never said it and dont agree with it.

also, watch who you take advice from. The majority of posters on sherdog are dumb kids, trolls, keyboard warriors, people that never and will never fight, then lastly you have a few serious martial artists, then some amatuer fighters, then very few pros. I personally wouldnt be taking any advice from anyone on this forum other than from other fighters, or coaches....the rest of the people really dont know wtf they are talking about.......so dont let them get you down when they talk all kinds of shit or what not, because truth be told, your technique is most likely better than theirs, and they dont have the heart to fight....but you do.

It definitely does matter the instructor. You could have the greatest instructor in the world, but if hes not willing to invest any time or effort into you, your not going to improve. Its a common problem. Something I faced for a long time myself until I eventually got hooked up with the right people. The majority of coaches/gym out there, just want you to pay, and show up and take some sort of boxing fitness class hybrid. Generally speaking, most places, your gym membership doesnt give you access to coaching, it gives you access to the facility. Any real coaching, will require privates of course! Unless you fight, which you are doing, but its quite obvious there is still a lack of coaching. its not your fault, a coach may not take an interest in you until you teach yourself up to a decent skill level for them to see some sort of personal benefit out of training you.

Last edited:
Why would they when he hasnt even had an official ammy fight yet and probably only has started to put serious work in a short time ago (if he has started)

Hes a hobbyist at the moment since he has no official ammy fights. Dunno about usa but here coaches would not care that much until a guy starts signing up for competitions.

as an example i only started to appear on coaches radar when i started to go training 6 times a week and started competing later. then i proceeded to disappear from the radar when it became obvious i didnt have "it" lmao

thats exactly right.......but khan has fought. He does, and is willing to put in the work. It seems no coach has bothered to invest in him as they see no personal gain from it.

thats exactly right.......but khan has fought. He does, and is willing to put in the work. It seems no coach has bothered to invest in him as they see no personal gain from it.

well of course he has one unlicensed boxing match so not like theres much to gain at the moment.

well lets assume he trains 5-6 times a week like an ammy guys should.

thing is coaching rosources are limited, say you are an average coach who tries his best and who runs an average gym.

typically it looks like this, you got 2 pros, 10 to 15 serious ammy guys, 10 to 15 not serious/untalented ammy guys who dont have future with this type of thing and a lot of hobbyist

naturally most attention goes to pros and high level ammys then to low ammys and hobbyist.

i just think khan thinks too much and should just train and things will sort out in time, its even too early to talk about if coaching is good or not at his level (of course proper coaching is a must but at beginner level you cant really tell yet if its about coaching)

well of course he has one unlicensed boxing match so not like theres much to gain at the moment.

well lets assume he trains 5-6 times a week like an ammy guys should.

thing is coaching rosources are limited, say you are an average coach who tries his best and who runs an average gym.

typically it looks like this, you got 2 pros, 10 to 15 serious ammy guys, 10 to 15 not serious/untalented ammy guys who dont have future with this type of thing and a lot of hobbyist

naturally most attention goes to pros and high level ammys then to low ammys and hobbyist.

i just think khan thinks too much and should just train and things will sort out in time, its even too early to talk about if coaching is good or not at his level (of course proper coaching is a must but at beginner level you cant really tell yet if its about coaching)

I get what your saying and agree. That being said, khan has been training on and off a long time now. I feel like I could have him 100% better within 3 months. Unlike most of the other coaches out there that you mentioned, I will put effort into lesser naturally skilled guys like khan, as long as they show the effort and commitment, Im willing to work with them to help them improve. Its obvious hes not getting that. Hard work beat talent when talent doesnt work hard.

I get what your saying and agree. That being said, khan has been training on and off a long time now. I feel like I could have him 100% better within 3 months. Unlike most of the other coaches out there that you mentioned, I will put effort into lesser naturally skilled guys like khan, as long as they show the effort and commitment, Im willing to work with them to help them improve. Its obvious hes not getting that. Hard work beat talent when talent doesnt work hard.

Most of all im just kinda taken back at the amount of thinking going on lol

Ts is prepping for first ammy fight ,not for olympics

Just train regularly for a time and go in, if you keep losing then start thinking about coaching

Most of all im just kinda taken back at the amount of thinking going on lol

Ts is prepping for first ammy fight ,not for olympics

Just train regularly for a time and go in, if you keep losing then start thinking about coaching

amatuer or pro, a fight is a fight........you have just as much of a chance as getting hurt in either.

Actually one of the instructors in the ufc gym wants to get me a fight cuz he wants to start the gyms competition team and im one of the only boxers that comes in and knows most of the shit.

But i will have 2 people cornering me in the next fight. My boy xan and mouse are cornering me.

Last edited:
Actually one of the instructors in the ufc gym wants to get me a fight cuz he wants to start the gyms competition team and im one of the only boxers that comes in and knows most of the shit.

But i will have 2 people cornering me in the next fight. My boy xan and mouse are cornering me.

UFC gym and taking advice from F11 in sherdog is your major weakness

tossing you into fights, doesnt equate to good coaching. IMO, a good coach, would not be sending you to fight. This isnt knocking you, as again I had similar experience. First place i trained toss me into a fight 1 month after training, of course i lost.

It definitely does matter the instructor. You could have the greatest instructor in the world, but if hes not willing to invest any time or effort into you, your not going to improve.
Exactly.
Therefore not rarerly less well known instructor isn't bad choice too.
amatuer or pro, a fight is a fight........you have just as much of a chance as getting hurt in either.
One of the best posts in this forum.
+1000000!

----------
UFC gym and taking advice from F11 in sherdog is your major weakness
Definitely, I even agree that anyone must hire the most expensive pro boxing coaches that world does have not only use just UFC gym.
There only is a bit problem how to find who from them is the most expensive.
Sparring partners too must be hired with experience in gigs with top camps.
I even think that for really high ammount of $ maybe even Floyd Jr might agree to spar.

tossing you into fights, doesnt equate to good coaching. IMO, a good coach, would not be sending you to fight.
Of course and there stuff is not only about skills and experience but also about gas tank and fitness level.

First place i trained toss me into a fight 1 month after training, of course i lost.
Awful place, It is nice that you share experience how awful some coaches and gym managers might be. Such a short training term before first bout I had read only now, from your post.
Actually also before first smoker too.

Back