I found my major weakness....

If everyone in the Standup forum boycotted him (stopped giving him advice) one of 2 things would happen.
1. He would finally get the point that he needs to shut up and take his training serious
2. Stop posting threads for advice but still do the same half ass shit he is doing
True, but it takes some a bit to realise what serious, dedicated trading is. My brother had half a dozen pro mma fights before he decided to actually train seriously. He accumulated some brutal wins and loses in that time. If Khan wants to learn the hard way (at the risk of getting wasted) that is his right. He will learn one way or the other. I think everybody is being a bunch of pussy bitches about it actually. If he wants to play count the teeth, good on him. People throw themselves off cliffs for fun you know.

Last edited:
True but it takes some a bit to realise what serious, dedicated trading is. My brother had half a dozen pro mma fights before he decided to actually train seriously. He accumulated some brutal wins and loses in that time. If Khan wants to learn the hard way (at the risk of getting wasted) that is his right. He will learn one way or the other. I think everybody is being a bunch of pussy bitches about it actually. If he wants to play count the teeth, good on him. People throw themselves off cliffs for fun you know.
You make a great point.

Hes right in a way tho i hit combos on the bag and judging by the impact im doing them right (footing, weight distribution, hips, momentum, technique, accuracy and fundamentally), but learning to use them in sparring better in the heat of the moment is good for me. Cuz sometimes when i miss i do get sloppy. Maybe i should plan ahead too, like if ik theres a chance that he slips or moves maybe i should pause and like pivot whatever is necessary and smack himw with a hook. Or uppercut.
Just some basic bag stuff for movement.
Push the bag so it swings and stay with it with punches and without. If it’s a busy gym maybe leave out the no punching as people may think you are wasting time on a bag. Good way to get yourself stepping and moving more during a bagwork session.

Push the bag so it swings and stay with it with punches and without. If it’s a busy gym maybe leave out the no punching as people may think you are wasting time on a bag. Good way to get yourself stepping and moving more during a bagwork session.
Good advice. It's easy to get lazy hitting the bag, and not use your feet enough.

Don't agree, I don't throw combos much, nor did you in the fight I saw. Combos are great and everybody should work towards throwing better combos, but to say you can't punch if you can't throw combos is inaccurate.

The fight you saw I hadn't trained in like 8 months and took the fight on a days notice (if its the one I'm thinking off, asian bloke covered in tattoos?). I had to conserve energy anyway I could to make up for the lack of cardio. So I'd land a shot and move, completely different to @ironkhan57 who is training and can't string a combo together because he can't throw each punch as an individual punch.
Being able to throw a straight doesn't mean you can punch, it means you have functional arms and legs, being able to punch is being able to throw any style of punch and do some damage.

That being said I'm open to agree to disagree. Not everyone's thoughts on fighting are the same.

@ironkhan57 have you ever heard people say that you keep a power puncher moving to stop them getting set on their punches? That is one of your biggest problem, your trying to get too set on your right hand and it is affecting your movement and distance control. You still want to push off the back foot when you throw the right but you don't need to crouch down so much. Like I said that still works great when throwing a strong counter punch, but you will catch nothing but air if you try to load up that much coming forward.

The fight you saw I hadn't trained in like 8 months and took the fight on a days notice (if its the one I'm thinking off, asian bloke covered in tattoos?). I had to conserve energy anyway I could to make up for the lack of cardio. So I'd land a shot and move, completely different to @ironkhan57 who is training and can't string a combo together because he can't throw each punch as an individual punch.
Being able to throw a straight doesn't mean you can punch, it means you have functional arms and legs, being able to punch is being able to throw any style of punch and do some damage.

That being said I'm open to agree to disagree. Not everyone's thoughts on fighting are the same.
I do get what your saying though. Throwing combos is about proper management of weight on all your shots not just the first one, this requires proper balance and footwork, something Khan could improve a bit...

he can barely box, telling him draw a lead and counter or to watch whoever won't help him at all and just feeds into his ego; to get better he just needs to actually be training like @AndyMaBobs said and going through basic shit with his coaches consistently

Yeah, no point in taking an advanced driving course if you're still getting a feel for the accelerator.

Me and Sinister have different views on light sparring, but I know he wouldn't have him sparring at all if he were in his gym at the level he's at right now.

Everyone starts somewhere. And if he get's results from suggestions/advice that I give what's the harm? You realise he will fight anyway, with or without your, our anybody else's approval on sherdog. If I can improve his performance or allow him to get a bit more out of his training sessions I will always offer advice, even if it is a bit advanced.

I think that's respectable, but my concern as a coach, is that if I put ideas in his head of what he can do, before he's got to grips with the fundamentals he could try it out and get himself hurt due to his lack of experience. Ultimately it would be his fault, but I would share responsibility for that accident or injury.

I think that's respectable, but my concern as a coach, is that if I put ideas in his head of what he can do, before he's got to grips with the fundamentals he could try it out and get himself hurt due to his lack of experience. Ultimately it would be his fault, but I would share responsibility for that accident or injury.
I get that and I have given the same advice, that he should slow down on taking fights and build up more experience at a decent gym first. He's a bit enthusiastic but, and it's is quite clear that he will fight anyway, regardless of experience or advice against it. I certainly don't want to encourage him to charge off unprepared, but if he's going to fight, I can't stop him, so I may as well try offering some advice, even if it is a bit wide of the mark. If I give bad advice he will find out in sparring and not try it again.

How much boxing have you done anyway? you loud mouth cock head. I have boxed for nearly twenty years and had a successful mma team at one time. Also willing to bet I could punch holes in you at the moment...
lol, great

Go back and watch all your sparring footage, any decent punch you have landed has been when they have over committed and you have countered with a right. This is because they are setting the distance for you. It is a LOT harder to step forward and land good punches (You are not using their own momentum against them for starters) the main problem is putting the footwork, head movement and punches together in a meaningful way. This is mostly about putting in the hours doing actual boxing (Not running or fitness) also I cannot recommend doing drills enough. Get anyone that's keen and run through some basic drills before you spar. It helps in so many ways. It cuts down on the blink reflex, it makes you more comfortable being punch at, it allows you to practice your defence properly and it gives you a look at where your opponents punches are coming from before they start actually punching you.

Yeah the other day i had someone helping me with a drill to help me with pressure fighters i had him pressure me and he has had a few amatuer fights so he coached me a bit lemme know a few useful tactics. Like dont just worry bout blocking all the punches kind of move my head little more, while parrying. And when he goes for a body hook come i
True, but it takes some a bit to realise what serious, dedicated trading is. My brother had half a dozen pro mma fights before he decided to actually train seriously. He accumulated some brutal wins and loses in that time. If Khan wants to learn the hard way (at the risk of getting wasted) that is his right. He will learn one way or the other. I think everybody is being a bunch of pussy bitches about it actually. If he wants to play count the teeth, good on him. People throw themselves off cliffs for fun you know.

I didnt start taking my training serious until i took that L in the ring, and started thinking bout that shit more, now i worked real hard on my cardio. I do a boxing conditioning class in the gym i also do a boxing techniques class so i do get my pads and drills in just sparring is normally on weds. And im normally sparring 50-80 now becauze im training for a fight.

I try to get help from everybody in the gym. Who actually knows they shit.

I dont like to move the bag i like to finish it. I kind of feel it better helps for people to throw punches at me and then turn it up when they see my defense is gettinf better.

But seems like im hitting the bag right since the punch and the bags reaction sounds right.

@ironkhan57 have you ever heard people say that you keep a power puncher moving to stop them getting set on their punches? That is one of your biggest problem, your trying to get too set on your right hand and it is affecting your movement and distance control. You still want to push off the back foot when you throw the right but you don't need to crouch down so much. Like I said that still works great when throwing a strong counter punch, but you will catch nothing but air if you try to load up that much coming forward.

Yeah i sstopped getting off balance throwing my right hand. Sometimes when they slip i try too hard to get em.

And got it throw the right hand without some extra shit.

Just watch heaps of Pacquiao videos and do exactly what he does
1. Bounce around
2. Throw a short combination after bouncing into range
3. Smile and pull up pants
4. Bounce into range and throw a 13 punch combo coming from all angles
5. Have you won the fight? if no repeat steps 1 to 5.

I just made you an ATG boxer right there.

Fuck that,, he needs to be like gatti(rip) so he would become a crowd favorite.

1.Get hit
2.Get hit some more
3. Smile and get knocked down
4. Get up and proceed to beat up the opponent who is tired from punching you

For celebrities watching entertainment the best examples of rollout are in bout Nigel vs Gerald.
1 st round.
Tutelage how to beat ineffective, despite awful hard and undervalue opponent.
And continue to dream about concussed opponent because he is smashed from blows power like he should die from dreamers perspective.
Excellent example how to do ineffective beating despite with unique power even for A+++ level power strikes.

Fuck that,, he needs to be like gatti(rip) so he would become a crowd favorite.

1.Get hit
2.Get hit some more
3. Smile and get knocked down
4. Get up and proceed to beat up the opponent who is tired from punching you

Believe it or not i do try to show im thr soldier i say i am (not a war soldier) by keep going after i get rocked or knocked down but i dont try to brawl i st least try to be more tactical.

We were going 80 in there both rounds, he got me with a few rights he doesnt throw much hooks. I figured him out and got him a lot more towards the end of the round. I sparred with him for 2 rnds and sparred with an older out of shape dude for 3, 2nd rnd he wanted to work on defense so i helped him with that.

Believe it or not i do try to show im thr soldier i say i am (not a war soldier) by keep going after i get rocked or knocked down but i dont try to brawl i st least try to be more tactical.

We were going 80 in there both rounds, he got me with a few rights he doesnt throw much hooks. I figured him out and got him a lot more towards the end of the round. I sparred with him for 2 rnds and sparred with an older out of shape dude for 3, 2nd rnd he wanted to work on defense so i helped him with that.

lets not get ahead of ourselfs here

as a guy who fought "the take damage to give damage way" its a horrible way to fight and usually guys fight like that because they have no other choice

you take a lot of damage which fucks wth your health and makes your career short

if its possible to not fight like that you should take it

lets not get ahead of ourselfs here

as a guy who fought "the take damage to give damage way" its a horrible way to fight and usually guys fight like that because they have no other choice

you take a lot of damage which fucks wth your health and makes your career short

if its possible to not fight like that you should take it

For sure. I'd like my head to be good before i turn 30 lol.

Yeah i sstopped getting off balance throwing my right hand. Sometimes when they slip i try too hard to get em.

And got it throw the right hand without some extra shit.
Dead correct. Don't put so much heat on the right unless you have them trapped or catch them stepping in.

Back