I found my major weakness....

Everyone starts somewhere. And if he get's results from suggestions/advice that I give what's the harm? You realise he will fight anyway, with or without your, our anybody else's approval on sherdog. If I can improve his performance or allow him to get a bit more out of his training sessions I will always offer advice, even if it is a bit advanced.
my point is that you can't, and don't improve his performance, and he doesn't get any results from the suggestions/advice given

Lack of quality teaching is the weakness. Fix that

Last edited:
Lack of quality teaching is the weakness. Fix that
My point exactly. If he is seeking advice over the net it's probably due to lack of quality input in the gym. I also think there are some people that have reasonably good trainers, but just seek more information. The advice you gave to Gfreak about getting too far past his feet was gold.

my point is that you can't, and don't improve his performance, and he doesn't get any results from the suggestions/advice given
Also, saying you can't give advice that could make improvements, just means you don't know what your looking at. I have taken advice from beginners if I think it has merit, "oft the mouth of babes, comes wisdom".
True wisdom is the ability to gather information from any and every source and judge it on it's merits.

I have listened to you all. It doesnt mean i'm not taking ya'll advice. And yes i do incorporate suggestions you guys have made or at least tried. Sometimes heat of the moment gets me. And on the whole cardio thing. That has been one of my major focuses that does not seem a problem no more cuz i went 2 rounds without feeling like dying.

And most of the time today i have been real busy going around, and even looking for shared rooms or private rooms so i can move out of my parents house for the 2nd time. So thats why i try to give quick responses on here too.
My point exactly. If he is seeking advice over the net it's probably due to lack of quality input in the gym. I also think there are some people that have reasonably good trainers, but just seek more information. The advice you gave to Gfreak about getting too far past his feet was gold.

This. But i do try to get advice from the other fighters and trainers in the gym.

So far this is my only option for a quality gym to train boxing. Until i move to somewhere with public transportation. And not being around all trees.

Even though he has already stated that my comments have already helped?
they haven't helped him, it's just a mutual delusion with you both living out a fantasy and enabling one another: his fantasy of being a fighter without requiring to learn how to fight, and yours of being a pugilistic expert who tells complete novices to go watch Rocky Marciano when they don't know how to throw punches yet

they haven't helped him, it's just a mutual delusion with you both living out a fantasy and enabling one another: his fantasy of being a fighter without requiring to learn how to fight, and yours of being a pugilistic expert who tells complete novices to go watch Rocky Marciano when they don't know how to throw punches yet

I think everybody who i have sparred with in that gym since i got a membership can agree ik how to throw a good punch and have felt that shit. If they didnt they wouldnt have felt that shit as much that even my knuckles felt they landed clean on the headgear. Plus we were going 80 and i was still getting the better of him the first round. But at least i still landed my fair share the 2nd.

This kid could definitelt beat silverback ik. And silverback has not fought since he fought me. Which is uncommon for these types of fight clubs. But it is what it is.

You can say that all you want that idk how to throw a punch, but ik i do. And others know i do. And they also know i've been hard on myself for making me mistakes in my footing hitting the bag even. I try to have others correct me too. And anybody can learn how to throw a punch the problem is landing it and making sure the foot placement is right.

I've been putting my blood sweat and tears in to this next fight. And that includes still pushing my cardio more and more..

I think everybody who i have sparred with in that gym since i got a membership can agree ik how to throw a good punch and have felt that shit. If they didnt they wouldnt have felt that shit as much that even my knuckles felt they landed clean on the headgear. Plus we were going 80 and i was still getting the better of him the first round. But at least i still landed my fair share the 2nd.

This kid could definitelt beat silverback ik. And silverback has not fought since he fought me. Which is uncommon for these types of fight clubs. But it is what it is.

You can say that all you want that idk how to throw a punch, but ik i do. And others know i do. And they also know i've been hard on myself for making me mistakes in my footing hitting the bag even. I try to have others correct me too. And anybody can learn how to throw a punch the problem is landing it and making sure the foot placement is right.

I've been putting my blood sweat and tears in to this next fight. And that includes still pushing my cardio more and more..

Anyone can throw a punch. What @Minowafanatic is saying is that you are not anywhere near the skill level to try and emulate what elite fighters do.
You can throw a jab and probably throw a straight, is it good? probably not, but its a start.You need to learn the mechanics of body movement and build muscle memory first, but then you have to learn how to throw things like a body hook followed by a head hook or an uppercut and then string them together into meaningful combinations with that fluid motion. Until you can throw decent combos you can't really punch. You can just throw a single punch.

Your biggest weakness that no one really touched on was your inability to gauge distance. You would throw combos at silverback when he wasn't even in the same post code as you. Patting at the air and it looked like you were practicing your shadow boxing during the fight.

We all want you to become the best you can be, but sometimes we just have to cut the bullshit and tell it how it is.

Or this:

How about distance? Footwork? If your opponent is the one who always gets to decide when the collision is going to happen, yes, pressure will always be a problem. Incoming fire will always put you out of position, or on the defensive, reacting how he wants you to react.

If he's about to be in punching distance of you, and you feel like he's moving into a position where he'll have the advantage, take a step. If you feel him about to throw a punch, move a half step back so you'll be in position to parry it, or come back over the top of it. If the guy is longer than you, time it so you step to the side when he throws.

He isn't the only one who controls when the fight takes place. You have to move yourself around so that the timing and distance favors you. It is always possible to just circle or pivot away. Only let the distance between you close if you're ready, or you have a good response ready to go. There's only pressure if you let there be.

Anyone can throw a punch. What @Minowafanatic is saying is that you are not anywhere near the skill level to try and emulate what elite fighters do.
You can throw a jab and probably throw a straight, is it good? probably not, but its a start.You need to learn the mechanics of body movement and build muscle memory first, but then you have to learn how to throw things like a body hook followed by a head hook or an uppercut and then string them together into meaningful combinations with that fluid motion. Until you can throw decent combos you can't really punch. You can just throw a single punch.

Your biggest weakness that no one really touched on was your inability to gauge distance. You would throw combos at silverback when he wasn't even in the same post code as you. Patting at the air and it looked like you were practicing your shadow boxing during the fight.

We all want you to become the best you can be, but sometimes we just have to cut the bullshit and tell it how it is.

Well i am taking you guys advice in. i try to do every suggestion in sparring and work on it on the bag. It seems like im not because i have weird ways of responding to things but i am.

I'm just saying everything you guys have told me i have worked harder on and been hard on myself. And have the ACTUAL fighters in the gym correct it. I even have stopped bouncing and stopped putting ym feet close together. And have corrected myself and had other instructors in the gym correct it as well.

And you said gauge the distance? Ik what you mean, when i was at a fight event in the bronx with my boy dwayne who was fighting in there too. He told me that same exact shit, and i started working on that more too keeping people at the end of my reach while this guy was longer and a couple inches taller i still got my shots in more then he did in the first.

Also i have actually found watching the old school boxers really does help a bit too especially when i was training in paterson nj last year and clifton nj in 2018, and mendez boxing in 2017 and sometimes at ama fight club when i had a contract with them but couldnt find time for the classes so i trained at mendez boxing mostly that year cuz the instructor was flexible with his schedule as fuck.

Or this:

How about distance? Footwork? If your opponent is the one who always gets to decide when the collision is going to happen, yes, pressure will always be a problem. Incoming fire will always put you out of position, or on the defensive, reacting how he wants you to react.

If he's about to be in punching distance of you, and you feel like he's moving into a position where he'll have the advantage, take a step. If you feel him about to throw a punch, move a half step back so you'll be in position to parry it, or come back over the top of it. If the guy is longer than you, time it so you step to the side when he throws.

He isn't the only one who controls when the fight takes place. You have to move yourself around so that the timing and distance favors you. It is always possible to just circle or pivot away. Only let the distance between you close if you're ready, or you have a good response ready to go. There's only pressure if you let there be.

I actually should try a little more lateral movement especially throwing a double jab. This kid when he was sparring with another guy, this guy got him with a few shots by getting angles on him. So yeah ima have to try that next time i just remembered thats how he was getting him. Both of them are not competing fighters btw they trying to get into it.

How much boxing have you done anyway? you loud mouth cock head. I have boxed for nearly twenty years and had a successful mma team at one time. Also willing to bet I could punch holes in you at the moment...

Don't agree, I don't throw combos much, nor did you in the fight I saw. Combos are great and everybody should work towards throwing better combos, but to say you can't punch if you can't throw combos is inaccurate.

Also parrying a punch is day one shit you jackarse. I just use Marciano as an example because he had the best "active" parry. But you wouldn't know what an active parry is, would you, you pole smoker. Also if you had spend anytime in a decent boxing gym you would know it's hard to get time with the coach if you are a beginner. So how about you fuck right off, you fucking Muppet.

Don't agree, I don't throw combos much, nor did you in the fight I saw. Combos are great and everybody should work towards throwing better combos, but to say you can't punch if you can't throw combos is inaccurate.

Hes right in a way tho i hit combos on the bag and judging by the impact im doing them right (footing, weight distribution, hips, momentum, technique, accuracy and fundamentally), but learning to use them in sparring better in the heat of the moment is good for me. Cuz sometimes when i miss i do get sloppy. Maybe i should plan ahead too, like if ik theres a chance that he slips or moves maybe i should pause and like pivot whatever is necessary and smack himw with a hook. Or uppercut.

Hes right in a way tho i hit combos on the bag and judging by the impact im doing them right (footing, weight distribution, hips, momentum, technique, accuracy and fundamentally), but learning to use them in sparring better in the heat of the moment is good for me. Cuz sometimes when i miss i do get sloppy. Maybe i should plan ahead too, like if ik theres a chance that he slips or moves maybe i should pause and like pivot whatever is necessary and smack himw with a hook. Or uppercut.
I can actually explain what the problem is with the distance thing is. Number one is you need to work on your footwork/posture more, but the main problem is, and bare with me here, that you have learnt that crouching down on your back foot does two things, it takes you off center and out of the line of fire for the right hand and it also loads up a strong right hand counter. The problem is you are trying to make this move work for every situation. You are stepping in and then crouching to load the right hand (this is choreographing the right) and giving them time to either fuck off (this is why your punches fall short) or beat you to the punch with their right. The only time you can crouch (load up) that much on a right is when you are using it to counter (your best punch) or after you have set your weight off the left hook. Otherwise they will bump you off with the jab or beat you too the punch. You also can't commit to the crouch until they throw the right otherwise they just step back, wait for you to come up and then crack you (this is where your getting caught most often).

Last edited:
Go back and watch all your sparring footage, any decent punch you have landed has been when they have over committed and you have countered with a right. This is because they are setting the distance for you. It is a LOT harder to step forward and land good punches (You are not using their own momentum against them for starters) the main problem is putting the footwork, head movement and punches together in a meaningful way. This is mostly about putting in the hours doing actual boxing (Not running or fitness) also I cannot recommend doing drills enough. Get anyone that's keen and run through some basic drills before you spar. It helps in so many ways. It cuts down on the blink reflex, it makes you more comfortable being punch at, it allows you to practice your defence properly and it gives you a look at where your opponents punches are coming from before they start actually punching you.

Everyone starts somewhere. And if he get's results from suggestions/advice that I give what's the harm? You realise he will fight anyway, with or without your, our anybody else's approval on sherdog. If I can improve his performance or allow him to get a bit more out of his training sessions I will always offer advice, even if it is a bit advanced.
If everyone in the Standup forum boycotted him (stopped giving him advice) one of 2 things would happen.
1. He would finally get the point that he needs to shut up and take his training serious
2. Stop posting threads for advice but still do the same half ass shit he is doing

Or this:

This is the only correct answer when someone is struggling with pressure.

Back