I found my major weakness....

Awful place, It is nice that you share experience how awful some coaches and gym managers might be. Such a short training term before first bout I had read only now, from your post.
Actually also before first smoker too.

a lot of places simply dont care. I never understand this. Because the fighters performance is a direct reflection of the coach and gym. If you toss unskilled guys into fights that loose all the time, it makes you look bad. Some gyms even become known for doing this. and it makes them look bad..........I dont know if they just dont care.....or perhapds dont even know how bad it makes them look......eitherway i cannot understand how or why places do it. But the definitely do.

tossing you into fights, doesnt equate to good coaching. IMO, a good coach, would not be sending you to fight. This isnt knocking you, as again I had similar experience. First place i trained toss me into a fight 1 month after training, of course i lost.

Oh hes not tossing me into fights hes waiting until after the 2 fights i got planned to see if im interested but im not going to be in his gym for that long lol.

Hes been seeing me improving and shit especially sparring and on the bag. My shadowboxi ng really impressed him. By like fall 2020 or august i want to fight a REAL amatuer fight. So i got to see what my boy mouse and xan think about my next fight and the fight after that since they are both more then qualified to judge a fighters skill.

The instructor at the ufc gym is basically he teaches more advanced stuf because im already ahead of the game coming in like a few other ppl in the class when theres some real noobs he tries to teach shit not too advanced. Some of the people in the class came from other gyms becase this gym just opened up last nov. So not everybody in this gym is a COMPLETE BEGINNER.

^You're a nice guy and all...as far as I can tell. But you have severe misconceptions about your prowess in combat sports. And your idea of how to go about this is going to get you seriously hurt.

And of course, you're going to reply to me with a few paragraphs insinuating that I...someone who is in a gym 6 days a week, full time, and that gym is in the epicenter of combat sports, am somehow mistaken about that assessment. But I just want it out there in text so no one can say you weren't warned by someone qualified. You're doing this quite wrong.

a lot of places simply dont care. I never understand this. Because the fighters performance is a direct reflection of the coach and gym. If you toss unskilled guys into fights that loose all the time, it makes you look bad. Some gyms even become known for doing this. and it makes them look bad..........I dont know if they just dont care.....or perhapds dont even know how bad it makes them look......eitherway i cannot understand how or why places do it. But the definitely do.

Oh yeah i actually have story about this from my own career

Basically the mma gym i trained at no one cared about lower rank/starting ammys,they would run the classes with an pro fighter that always changed and thats it

All the attention went to pros/high level ammys and low level guys always lost at competitions, from my time 3 guys won (me one of them though i ended up with a losing record)their fights from many people that competed, this was in duration of 3 years that i was there.

Also to get in to high level fight team you had to be their friend and your fight record didnt matter, we had a guy who was talented but trained 2 times a week who got invited to fight team due to being friends with them while guys who were in 6 times a week and competed regularly didnt get invited

Result was all the low level ammys quit/changed gyms and high level ammys went pros so now gym has absolutely no future prospects in ammy circuit and no potential pros.

And the new guys that compete from that gym still keep losing

Though i will say the high level guys are fairly succesful from that gym

Last edited:
^You're a nice guy and all...as far as I can tell. But you have severe misconceptions about your prowess in combat sports. And your idea of how to go about this is going to get you seriously hurt.

And of course, you're going to reply to me with a few paragraphs insinuating that I...someone who is in a gym 6 days a week, full time, and that gym is in the epicenter of combat sports, am somehow mistaken about that assessment. But I just want it out there in text so no one can say you weren't warned by someone qualified. You're doing this quite wrong.

I understand. I'm just saying cuz i have explained i've been working on shit you guys have mentioned in each thread in the ufc gym. I don't like to seem like i'm being stubborn so thats why i keep explaining it. And yes cardio has been one of my main focuses and that weds after sparring with the kid for 2 rounds i did spar 3 with an older guy who got a bit of hands too.

Just because i'm going into a fight thats at the end of march basically doesnt mean that past 2 months from dec 14th that i've been training and posting sparring vids on here doesnt mean i'm just ignoring u guys advice. And obviously i got to post videos everyday as proof but i dont like to ask people to film everytime.

Ya'll will see especially while im in LA sparring with pros and amatuers im getting instruction still and sometimes from edgar every once in a while. Cuz when im sparring in LA mouse will see be filming it and my goal coming up to that is to be able to hang with them ammy boxers and stay in there for at least 3-4 rounds without gassing. Im taking this shit seriously and i did try @zapataxiv advice too with the training exercise it did seem helpful too i got to do it more before the technique and tactic classes start.

I am taking ya'll advices and working on the shit ya'll are telling me.

Only for the undetermined.

true that, took me a long time to get hooked up with the right people, given that MT was so foreign to US back in the day, it was a hard search....when I eventually did get hooked up with the right people, it was night and day.....what took me years on my own and at other gyms, I accomplished in a few months with the right coach.

I can actually recall khan saying he wasnt training at one time because there was no gym within 5 miles of his house or something like that. After speaking with him, one of the best MT gyms in the US was about 15 miles away. At one point,I used to ride the bike 2 hours to the gym 2 hours home. I think khan has gotten more serious since then though.

Last edited:
true that, took me a long time to get hooked up with the right people, given that MT was so foreign to US back in the day, it was a hard search....when I eventually did get hooked up with the right people, it was night and day.....what took me years on my own and at other gyms, I accomplished in a few months with the right coach.

I can actually recall khan saying he wasnt training at one time because there was no gym within 5 miles of his house or something like that. After speaking with him, one of the best MT gyms in the US was about 15 miles away. At one point,I used to ride the bike 2 hours to the gym 2 hours home. I think khan has gotten more serious since then though.

This gym opened up last nov bro. And i dont have a car. But i did make a deal with my mum before moving back to jersey since she did beg me too. And that deal was she pays for any gym and/or any traincation trip like the florida trip. And this shit is basically 5 mins away from me. No im not training at a muay thai gym for a while tho. This ufc gym is prolly the best i got right now.

My boy xan found me a room in west orange nj right next to the bus terminal which makes it easier to get to NYC to train at better gyms (that my mum is paying for as part of the deal that she bargained).

Ikes and randys in paterson nj

Brawlhouse (even tho there schedule was weird)

Ama fight club (despite the contracts they get you to sign every year)

Are the best gyms i've trained at in jersey.

Muay thai gyms im not looking for right now. But i am trying to train with my old instructor again over in NYC hes not running the friday night sparring nights no more i dont think. But hes one the best instructors in NYC.

TBF @ khan I gave you little to no advice and was just pointing you in the right direction of where to go training wise. But i am not qualified to say you are fight ready. But if you were my gym mate I doubt my coach would put you in the ring right now..

Also I wouldn’t trust those guys.

Ts kinda reminds me of my friend who had an mma fight without training grappling once

He won though

Ts kinda reminds me of my friend who had an mma fight without training grappling once

He won though

Jimi trained for a few days and even lied About his grappling and won his first fight.

Dude was 28, no Background but he almost made it to the top (UFC)

not bad

TBF @ khan I gave you little to no advice and was just pointing you in the right direction of where to go training wise. But i am not qualified to say you are fight ready. But if you were my gym mate I doubt my coach would put you in the ring right now..

Also I wouldn’t trust those guys.

Well that shit u told me with the bag seemed better then just rocking the bag and moving around it staying still. Really adds extra on to my training.

I appreciate it. This time around ima be ready.

Well that shit u told me with the bag seemed better then just rocking the bag and moving around it staying still. Really adds extra on to my training.

I appreciate it. This time around ima be ready.
Yes but that is one of the things the guys here are saying. That idea with the bag is a basic training exercise.. and you haven’t seen it yet. It speaks more to how much exposure you’ve had to boxing and it’s a sign you should be spending more time getting better training.

There are levels to hitting the bags and just wailing on em is the lowest least intellectual way to do it. Good coaches and teachers can teach you how to train smart, vs just train hard.
Moving with the bag is decent but it shouldn’t be your main way to train movement.

A good coach would have you doing movement drills, partner drills, etc.. compared to just throwing you into the ring.

Yes but that is one of the things the guys here are saying. That idea with the bag is a basic training exercise.. and you haven’t seen it yet. It speaks more to how much exposure you’ve had to boxing and it’s a sign you should be spending more time getting better training.

There are levels to hitting the bags and just wailing on em is the lowest least intellectual way to do it. Good coaches and teachers can teach you how to train smart, vs just train hard.
Moving with the bag is decent but it shouldn’t be your main way to train movement.

A good coach would have you doing movement drills, partner drills, etc.. compared to just throwing you into the ring.

They did have me doing partner drills and movement drills. The instructor had us put a rubberband around each others waist to practice body shots and keep us from running. The heavybag drill like that i have seen it before just havent used it.

Nobodys throwing me into a fight its my choice and the instructor sees how im improving while also giving me some pointers. I ask him questions, and i listen to him.

They did have me doing partner drills and movement drills. The instructor had us put a rubberband around each others waist to practice body shots and keep us from running. The heavybag drill like that i have seen it before just havent used it.

Nobodys throwing me into a fight its my choice and the instructor sees how im improving while also giving me some pointers. I ask him questions, and i listen to him.
Huge if true.
Seriously though that’s good. Keep at it. Hopefully this time you whoop up on silverback(?).
Honestly I do t hav a huge problem with you fighting in that YouTube thing it’s like a more unorganized version of a smoker.

Huge if true.
Seriously though that’s good. Keep at it. Hopefully this time you whoop up on silverback(?).
Honestly I do t hav a huge problem with you fighting in that YouTube thing it’s like a more unorganized version of a smoker.

Unorganized is an understatement lol a lot of the times shit does not go as planned lol. Silverback is not my opponent for march 28th but i still want my rematch with him tho. He hasnt fought since dec 14th when he fought me.

to become a good boxer u absolutely need a 1 on 1 coach whos good to work with you theirs a reason theirs guys in ufc with 10 years training who still look bad

mma gyms arnt good enough to become a good boxer i feel unless your at att ect your average ufc gyms no just being real theirs just so much to boxing that you fuck up on and need a coach to put int he time to watch you

you legit have to have a coach break you down and take away your primitive instincts of being wild throwing looping shots and train you to be super crisp that takes lotsss of 1 on 1 time tbh

The only advice I think would be of benefit is to google 'Dunning-Kruger Effect' and start reading.

Back