I don't get people that complain about Stann's past getting "shoved down their throa

Who will save the poor, trod upon, kicked about, defenceless US military and servicemen? I'd say people expressing their opinions about a government military organization being advertised on television as though it was a soft drink isn't all that beyond the pale.

But I'd say those people don't know a thing about Marketing 101 either.

But I'd say those people don't know a thing about Marketing 101.

I just think it comes down to taste. When I see a USMC commercial glamorizing war wedged between a beer commercial and a car insurance commercial, I do a double take. I'm not saying it's wrong, just distasteful to some.

I just think it comes down to taste. When I see a USMC commercial glamorizing war wedged between a beer commercial and a car insurance commercial, I do a double take. I'm not saying it's wrong, just distasteful to some.

Very fair point.

I don't know if 'repressed' is the right word but they are undoubtedly treated unfairly. Talking shit about them and their religion is becoming increasingly popular on the internet.

who are you, Chef from South Park? it's ok to make fun of (insert every group under the sun) except one?

shit talking about EVERYONE is becoming increasingly popular on the internet! :icon_lol:

oh my dad, you're fucking funny.

Mainly because him and Kennedy have gone all action man in their post fight interviews, cant remember Stann doing it but when Kennedy did it, it's stuck with everyone for a long time.

I agree TS. I was in the army, but I'm antimilitary. Brian Stann, however, has never come across as pushing his service. He doesn't control what the UFC sells.

All the backstorys suck

They just need to stop that stuff unless they get a quality 24/7 style show

How about they tell us something about him that isnt related to the military?

All I know about him is that he was in the military. That is the very definition of shoving crap down peoples' throats.

But he's in the military so that makes him evil for "killing poor brown people"

Because, you know . . . that's all they do, and they do it for fun.

/sarcasm

is it sarcasm that nations that are being bombed for geostrategic interests are not poor,inocent? Or is it sarcasm that americans are joining up millitary because the pay is good for being untalented and uneducated to make your own way in life,and that that kind of people deserve respect??..../fail

Well could you blame them for being jelly since they've never accomplished anything in their life?

Because it isn't Stann doing the shoving Stann is actually very reserved and quiet about his past and is almost reluctant to speak about it.

That's why.

is it sarcasm that nations that are being bombed for geostrategic interests are not poor,inocent? Or is it sarcasm that americans are joining up millitary because the pay is good for being untalented and uneducated to make your own way in life,and that that kind of people deserve respect??..../fail

So you think our military is specifically targeting innocent people just for fun then?

Because that's basically what you're saying if you are taking umbrage with my post.

Before Cain Velasquez fights, they always bring up how he was born and raised in Mexico.

I remember it being the most obnoxious during his time in WEC. In retrospect, they were a small promotion that needed stars so I guess it's not so bad that they pushed Stann's military background.

There are new fans watching their first UFC event, every time there is a UFC event, most of them are hearing for the first time he was in the military. It's publicity for him, nothing more, nothing less.

Like the TS said, when a Diaz brother fights, I know I"ll hear a lot about them growing up in Stockton. I here the same old story that Rich Franklin used to teach math in high school every time he fights. Does it get old, yes it does for everyone that's heard it already.

But it's something new for hundreds of people each event that are just getting into watching MMA.

I have a feeling if America did get invaded, you'd dress up as a woman and scurry off to the woods and hide amongst the women and children.

It's okay if you could never cut it in the military, it's not for everyone, but don't hate, we still got your back even though you think so little of us.

I have a feeling if America did get invaded, you'd dress up as a woman and scurry off to the woods and hide amongst the women and children.

It's okay if you could never cut it in the military, it's not for everyone, but don't hate, we still got your back even though you think so little of us.

How is the invasion of Irak related to having US citizens' back?

Well Stann seems like good people, and he is not the one forcing it down our throats.
The UFC is, which makes sense since they are sponsored by the Marines and all that..
But it really was vomit inducing when Stann fought on memorial day and Goldberg kept going "You don't want to fight Stann on memorial day etc.".. STFU! As if his opponent got anything to do with that..

Back