I don't get people that complain about Stann's past getting "shoved down their throa

No worries Navy listened to the culinary intitute, the pro army rhetoric should subside a little.

sooo... Christianity is actually to blame for radical Islam? oh, boy, thats rich

Well you took what I said and stretched it, but yea in a way. Islam copied Christianity and added to it, just like the Christians did to several other mythologies.

Religion poisons everything, Islam is just a different flavor. Go back to Christianity when it was as young as Islam is now and you'll see just as much violence, likely more.

I'm glad its shrinking by an average rate of 8% per year worldwide. Good fucking riddance.

Well you took what I said and stretched it, but yea in a way. Islam copied Christianity and added to it, just like the Christians did to several other mythologies.

Religion poisons everything, Islam is just a different flavor. Go back to Christianity when it was as young as Islam is now and you'll see just as much violence, likely more.

I'm glad its shrinking by an average rate of 8% per year worldwide. Good fucking riddance.

As young as Islam is? Do you think it just became a religion in the 70's or somthing? Islam has been around for almost 1500 years

Okay bro!. You must be real smart then ^^

Yup. And don't even try to tell a story or joke to a military man either, because they've always got a one-upper in their back pocket ready and waiting. They are the most interesting, smartest, bravest, most noble ulti-men on the planet.

Funny how they were all the same people taking study-hall and PE in High-School so they could pad their abysmal GPA's enough to sit the bench on the football team.

*disclaimer*

This is a harsh generalization aimed at a particular blockhead majority of military personnel. Out of 6 friends and acquaintances I've known who served, one was among the smartest individuals I or anybody else could ever know, who chose his career in the military for genuine reasons beyond a lack of better options (seeing how he had a full ride to MIT, which he accepted after serving).

Last edited:
As young as Islam is? Do you think it just became a religion in the 70's or somthing? Islam has been around for almost 1500 years

And it is but a teenager (if that) relative to its peers.

The infantile religions would include Mormonism and Scientology, as well as other more bizarre followings.

There isn't a major practicing religion that exists today that isn't an outright plagiarism. Perhaps Scientology.

Yup. And don't even try to tell a story or joke to a military man either, because they've always got a one-upper in their back pocket ready and waiting. They are the most interesting, smartest, bravest, most noble ulti-men on the planet.

Funny how they were all the same people taking study-hall and PE in High-School so they could pad their abysmal GPA's enough to sit the bench on the football team.

*disclaimer*

This is a harsh generalization aimed at a particular blockhead majority of military personnel. Out of 6 friends and acquaintances I've known who served, one was among the smartest individuals I or anybody else could ever know, who chose his career in the military for genuine reasons beyond a lack of better options (seeing how he had a full ride to MIT, which he accepted after serving).

Sooo... Everybody in the military is an idiot, based on the 6 dudes you were kind of friends with

Wow, it took me all of two posts for you to degenerate into the whiney, know nothing smart ass you clearly are

My message before was that there is two sides of being a "hero". The Taliban view their soldiers as heroes, as you view yourself and your comrades as heroes.
The civillian that lost family and friends due to actions of US troops won't view you as heroes. That must be fairly easy to see. Try to put yourself in their position.
I don't support the Taliban. I don't support the US troops. I despise islam and christianity.
But the followers of islam in those countries are brainwashed lunatics, so that makes me dislike islam more.

Perhaps you should relax a little. When you took on the career of killing other people, you should perhaps have prepared yourself a little better for criticism.
I am a strongly opposed to the Iraq war and it makes me vomit that my government has forced me to support it financially.
I can't for the world of me see why as an individual you would like to put your life on the line and kill other people, to achieve what has been achieved in Iraq.
It is beyond absurd.
Perhaps I don't know as much about warfare as you do. But i know I don't like killing. Sometimes it is a neccesary evil, but neccesary is not what i would call the actions that have been comitted by the allied troops in Iraq.

Why i am discussing this on a UFC forum is also beyond me :p

Sooo... Everybody in the military is an idiot, based on the 6 dudes you were kind of friends with

I come from a hick ass wrestler/football centric school, so admittedly it isn't the best pool with which to base such judgement.

Definitely met a lot of recruiters too who were 100% super douchebags, as well as various randoms here and there.

generalizations are never going to be 100% accurate. that's why they're called generalizations. not all libs are head-in-the-clouds do-gooders, not all evangelicals right wingers are hater mongers in disguise, and not all irish uncles are drunks.

and not everyone who joined the military between the ages of 18-21 is a blockhead who had no better options in life (as the other poster insinuated)

but a shitload of irish uncles are drunks. and a shitload of 19yo infantry are blockheads.

here's my story. i thought about joining up around the age of 27. i went to the testing station, got my medical, had my eyes checked, etc, etc, and took the intelligence test. i was worried about the flying section that had spacial questions; i thought i'd bombed it and ruined my chances to fly (and it turns out they didn't even grade that one). they only graded math & verbal, and i aced the math & verbal. of course i did; i would have aced it in 8th grade. it was ludicrously easy. dude came out with a look of dismay and told me "you aced it", and when i shrugged he told me it was very rare.

let me tell you, when i looked around at the 400 or so people between the ages of 18-25 who were joining....i believed it was rare to ace a test i would have aced when i was 13 years old. god bless em for wanting to a) serve their country, b) better their lives the only way they knew how, or c) some combination thereof. but i swear, there wasn't a C+ student in the bunch.

and everyone i know who served in infantry (about 20 friends & family members) confirmed all my suspicions. officers had a different view, of course.

sorry if i come off as a snobby dick. i mean, i'm not sorry, but it is unfortunate.

Last edited:
Only pussies hate the military. Some people are sheep and some people Wolves .

Wait a second!

Brian Stann was in the military?

Brian Stann? The UFC fighter?

Getthefuckouttahere!!!!!

It's not that I hate the military. It's nationalism and patriotism that I hate. Mainly because they are concepts that continue to divide people all over the world. We should all be attempting to work together. Not fighting over deep seeded ideals and minor differences.

I like the military because they can protect us. They aren't really used for that though.

Actually military people are more sheep, they are conditioned to do exaclty as told and not think for themselves. They don't want any lone wolves.

They dont just repeat the backstory, they do the whole faux patriotic act & ass kissing that puts it on another level of obnoxiousness

*disclaimer*

I once had a guy thinking that we were getting close to a physical fight start rattling off how he was in the military and therefore could kill me. I laughed my ass off after he mentioned that he was certified in throwing hand grenades or something like that. Not sure how much training to take to throw a hand grenade, but I certainly was about to run if it turned into a grenade fight.

generalizations are never going to be 100% accurate. that's why they're called generalizations. not all libs are head-in-the-clouds do-gooders, not all evangelicals right wingers are hater mongers in disguise, and not all irish uncles are drunks.

and not everyone who joined the military between the ages of 18-21 is a blockhead who had no better options in life (as the other poster insinuated)

but a shitload of irish uncles are drunks. and a shitload of 19yo infantry are blockheads.

here's my story. i thought about joining up around the age of 27. i went to the testing station, got my medical, had my eyes checked, etc, etc, and took the intelligence test. i was worried about the flying section that had spacial questions; i thought i'd bombed it and ruined my chances to fly (and it turns out they didn't even grade that one). they only graded math & verbal, and i aced the math & verbal. of course i did; i would have aced it in 8th grade. it was ludicrously easy. dude came out with a look of dismay and told me "you aced it", and when i shrugged he told me it was very rare.

let me tell you, when i looked around at the 400 or so people between the ages of 18-25 who were joining....i believed it was rare to ace a test i would have aced when i was 13 years old. god bless em for wanting to a) serve their country, b) better their lives the only way they knew how, or c) some combination thereof. but i swear, there wasn't a C+ student in the bunch.

and everyone i know who served in infantry (about 20 friends & family members) confirmed all my suspicions. officers had a different view, of course.

sorry if i come off as a snobby dick. i mean, i'm not sorry, but it is unfortunate.

Sooo... not all generalizations are true.... but they really are?

and everyone i know who served in infantry (about 20 friends & family members) confirmed all my suspicions

So because they were in the Infantry, they too are automatically morons? Is that what you're saying?

Back