I don't get people that complain about Stann's past getting "shoved down their throa

Actually military people are more sheep, they are conditioned to do exaclty as told and not think for themselves. They don't want any lone wolves.

Actually they're trained to think for themselves and make decisions on the spot without guidance from above, but thanks for showing how little ou know.

Actually they're trained to think for themselves and make decisions on the spot without guidance from above, but thanks for showing how little ou know.
uhhh, not so sure about that.

Some people don't care to have sports blended with irrelevant jingoism. It is as simple as that.

But he's in the military so that makes him evil for "killing poor brown people"

Because, you know . . . that's all they do, and they do it for fun.

/sarcasm

Even though there is sarcasm there is also some truth in there lol. Anyway TS I don't get it either, and like you said everyone has an history. At least he was fighting for something that he thought was right and not a junkie, inmate, or w/e.

My message before was that there is two sides of being a "hero". The Taliban view their soldiers as heroes, as you view yourself and your comrades as heroes

And for the second time, to consider people who murder rape victims to be heros? What about guys who throw acid on school children? No? Neither does anybody in Afghanistan. That's the point you can't wrap your head around. But go ahead and just repeat some retarded liberal trash you've read somewhere

Perhaps you should relax a little. When you took on the career of killing other people, you should perhaps have prepared yourself a little better for criticism

From people who've spent they're entire lives under a warm snuggly blanket of protection? I don't think so.

I am a strongly opposed to the Iraq war and it makes me vomit that my government has forced me to support it financially

Nobody is more opposed to war then the people who will sent to fight it when it happens, don't you get that?

I can't for the world of me see why as an individual you would like to put your life on the line and kill other people, to achieve what has been achieved in Iraq

Hindsight is 20/20 bro. We didn't know then what we know now.

Perhaps I don't know as much about warfare as you do. But i know I don't like killing. Sometimes it is a neccesary evil, but neccesary is not what i would call the actions that have been comitted by the allied troops in Iraq

What atocities would those be? I bet I can name almost all of them. Do you know why you've even heard of them? Because they're the exception, not the rule, don't you even get that? The people we fight commit numerous atrocities on a daily basis, much, much worse then peeing on some dead Jihadists, and nobody, especially the liberal media in America, wants to talk about it. they just excuse it and go right on bashing American servicemen. It makes me sick

and i don't think Christians are repressed, yet many of them exclaim daily that they are. the world is full of lots of opinions TS. you won't agree with all of em.

but there IS a sign of trouble if you have an utter inability to understand. if you're incapable of playing devil's advocate. if you disagree with them, cool, but if you really don't "get it", then i suggest the problem lies with you.

So play devil' advocate for a sec and make some points as to why Christians may feel repressed. I think there's social pressure to behave certain ways, and to be 'tolerant' of of other behaviours which Christians think are not acceptable.

The big problem for Christians is that for the last two millennia they haven't demonstrated an ability to love others, but show an amazing propensity for judging people, both opposite to Jesus' explicit instructions. That has led to some difficult stereotypes and perceptions regarding behaviour and beliefs.

So far as Stann goes, he's a former soldier and a patriot, and right there are some things that will bother people, and every time they see or hear it mentioned it feels like it's forced on them. If Stann had another aspect to his personal life that was ever mentioned it would probably make him seem more diverse and folks would be less inclined to take issue. But since the UFC had an advertising relationship with the marines he was a pretty easy choice to aid with hype and marketing.

Doesn't bother me, because he seems like a great guy, respectful etc.

Yeah I fully disagree...

This is why for the first few months they break you down and get you accustomed to their rule and hierarchy. You do what you are told and execute someone else's plan. That is not thinking for yourself.

Yeah I fully disagree...

This is why for the first few months they break you down and get you accustomed to their rule and hierarchy. You do what you are told and execute someone else's plan. That is not thinking for yourself.

That's in boot camp. Yes, that happens initally, but after that, everything is focused on how to think through problems with little to no information or instruction. The reasoning behind that is that every time you run into a problem in the field, you have to be able to figure it out on your own, not stop every single time and try seek advice. you just have to do it.

And for the second time, to consider people who murder rape victims to be heros? What about guys who throw acid on school children? No? Neither does anybody in Afghanistan. That's the point you can't wrap your head around. But go ahead and just repeat some retarded liberal trash you've read somewhere

I said taliban forces that killed American soldiers were heroes in the eyes of other Taliban members, and civillians that has lost family and friends to your armed forces.... Christ.. Like American soldiers have not comitted any war crimes that are much worse than that? (no not the peeing -.-, who gives a shit?)
I never disagreed with the fact that the taliban members are doing terrible things. Why can't you understand that?

From people who've spent they're entire lives under a warm snuggly blanket of protection? I don't think so

Yes.. Because we didn't become sheep for our government, we are now useless cowards with no right to hold an opinion.. Even though our fucking money were forced to finance that shit..
Thanks for securing my freedom..... BRO!..

Nobody is more opposed to war then the people who will sent to fight it when it happens, don't you get that?

What?.... No i don't get that sentence i must admit..

True... If your country had been invaded and your family and friends killed would you accept that excuse?

What atocities would those be? I bet I can name almost all of them. Do you know why you've even heard of them? Because they're the exception, not the rule, don't you even get that? The people we fight commit numerous atrocities on a daily basis, much, much worse then peeing on some dead Jihadists, and nobody, especially the liberal media in America, wants to talk about it. they just excuse it and go right on bashing American servicemen. It makes me sick

What are you rambling about?.. I said I was against killing unless it was absolutely necessary, and I do not think the Iraq war even came close to being necessary...
Im not talking about peeing on Jihadists.. How the fuck did you figure that?
Im talking about being sent into another country and kill..

Last edited:
Based on what? Stuff you've read on the internet?

Mother spending 27 years in the Air Force, Dad being in the Army for 13 years, Mother's father being an officer in the Army, still serving as a civilian (that's 40+ years of service), Father's father being infantry in the Army, Mother's brother spending his 6 in the Airforce (he got o E5, i believe, which is nuts, dont know how often that happens any more), 4 of my father's siblings serving in the Army and Air force, spending a large portion of my life on bases both here and overseas, having my best friend serving in the Army right now in Afghanistan.

But yeah.

What about guys that shoot 20 little kids in a school, is it cool to bomb their country?

Oh and Reagan and Bush gave Saddam money, intelligence, weapons, and chemical weapons to use against Iran. But even after he gassed the Kurds we still supported him and Rumsfeld shook his hand and promised him more support.
Reagan called the pre-taliban and Bin Laden religious freedom fighters and we supported them against the Soviet union.
Funny but mostly the righties supported those guys you now hate, and you talk about the evil liberals.

Last edited:

I said taliban forces that killed American soldiers were heroes in the eyes of other Taliban members, and civillians that has lost family and friends to your armed forces.... Christ.. Like American soldiers have not comitted any war crimes that are much worse than that? (no not the peeing -.-, who gives a shit?)
I never disagreed with the fact that the taliban members are doing terrible things. Why can't you understand that?

From people who've spent they're entire lives under a warm snuggly blanket of protection? I don't think so

Yes.. Because we didn't become sheep for our government, we are now useless cowards with no right to hold an opinion.. Even though our fucking money were forced to finance that shit..
Thanks for securing my freedom..... BRO!..

What?.... No i don't get that sentence i must admit..

True... If your country had been invaded and your family and friends killed would you accept that excuse?

What are you rambling about?.. I said I was against killing unless it was absolutely necessary, and I do not think the Iraq war even came close to being necessary...
Im not talking about peeing on Jihadists.. How the fuck did you figure that?
Im talking about being sent into another country and kill..

I think you should stop now, you've proven your point, he will just twist what you say with the "sooooooo..." at the beginning. Anyone with a brain can see what you are saying. And SeattleFan's point about generalizations a lot of times being true seems to hold up here as well.
Good thread, should be moved to the war room at this point.

I like stann, however..

Millions of people have died in Iraq and Afghanistan and directly or indirectly, the deeds were carried out by people like Stann even though he was just following orders.

There are drugs and drive by shootings and then there is the death of millions of women, men and children.

I find it hard to hear and recognize praise for soldiers who fight for such a cause. It sickens me.

Anti-patriotism and political correctness, just a few trends pushed by the left, and most morons willingly comply. Then on the right you have the isolationist crowd, as if there ever was a time in history where overseas trade was possible without military dominance.

It's not that I hate the military. It's nationalism and patriotism that I hate. Mainly because they are concepts that continue to divide people all over the world. We should all be attempting to work together. Not fighting over deep seeded ideals and minor differences.

I like the military because they can protect us. They aren't really used for that though.

Nationalism and patriotism actually keep people together when shit is falling apart. But you come from an era where academics who failed to provide any solutions in the beginning of the 20th century still repeat the same mantra's today.

Anti-patriotism and political correctness, just a few trends pushed by the left, and most morons willingly comply. Then on the right you have the isolationist crowd, as if there ever was a time in history where overseas trade was possible without military dominance.

It's 2013 almost.

You can trade without killing everyone in a country. But you already knew that. Then again did we all go over there to trade or for other reasons...

lol at trade.

Back