I can't believe Cain is the underdog in this fight

was serra beating gsp a fluke? or was serra the better fighter?

answer that and shut up.

Considering Serra threw punches and they landed with the intent to land in the first fight, no it was no fluke. It was called him aiming and landing.

Not sure why you keep bringing this up though and have to bring in a completely different fight in order to make it seem like you'll be right about this one.

Cain is an underdog for an obvious reason - more peiple are betting on JDS.
If every man who says Cain will destroy JDS in a rematch would go and bet several bucks on the future champ, cain would be like -200 favourite. Instead we get these threads.

I love how cain has the kickboxing edge even though he got knocked out it the 1st fight in the 1st minute. I know I know he was clearly knocked out by a boxing not a kickboxing punch. I do tend to think Cain will take JDS down and beat him up but if he cant get him down good night (Even with his superiour kickboxing).

While I agree that Cain is the more well-rounded fighter, and imo the better fighter, I can't see a scenario that would make Cain the favorite. I am betting on JDS not hitting the "temple sweet spot" this time around and being neutralized by Cain's superior grappling. The odds of JDS landing that same shot are low, but if he does, I will have to reconsider my opinion of him.

Cain is the Underdog because think, their 1st fightwas the 1st card on Fox ever. so many first time MMA viewers turn on Fox and See JDS Ko Cain. Instantly they are JDS fans.

I can't believe this is a thread either. And judging by the number of replies from the TS, and the name calling in those argumentative replies, he's not doing much more than trolling.

Question to the TS: if you knew JDS was going to beat Cain by KO in round one in the first fight, why wasn't you life savings on the line in the form of a betting ticket?

I'm not even going to get into a breakdown of all their attributes, JDS is the favorite for some pretty simple reasons, first and foremost being that he didn't break a sweat in their first fight, and KOed Cain. If you're butthurt because of that it just means you stand to win more money with Cain being the underdog, if you feel like putting your money where your mouth is.

Betting odds are NEVER determined by who the "better" fighter is. They are designed to create a 50-50 betting pool. The people setting the odds want 50% of the betting money to be placed on Cain and 50% to place on JDS. There is NOTHING ELSE CONSIDERED when creating betting odds.

Lol what?
Bookies want people to put money on the underdog so if they do infact lose, as expected, they have a large raft of money coming in. This is why a lot of fights are closer on the bookies cards than one would expect. After that, they're actively adjusted based on how much money is coming in. If one fighter has a lot of money on them, their odds will become highly unattractive as to discourage further betting on them.

Lol what?
Bookies want people to put money on the underdog so if they do infact lose, as expected, they have a large raft of money coming in. This is why a lot of fights are closer on the bookies cards than one would expect. After that, they're actively adjusted based on how much money is coming in. If one fighter has a lot of money on them, their odds will become highly unattractive as to discourage further betting on them.

*state that you disagree with an argument*

*proceed to support said argument*

i dont think its gonna play out for JDS quite as easily as the first fight. i think another ko that quickley is unlikely. its gonna be a little tougher this time around especially if cain can fight smart and can survive the first round. once he gets a "riddum" going its gonna get tough. i feel in the first fight he never even really got started. one of his biggest weapons is his high pace and good cardio which he didnt get to utilize. but he dosent have the power JDS has. if JDS can stay off the ground or keep from getting smothered to death against the cage i think he will get the win...eventually.

It's 'cause he lost last time they fought. Got knocked out, see? They fought, and he got whooped. So we've seen them in the cage, fighting, and JDS defeated him. He could have knocked out JDS, or submitted him, or gotten a decision, but instead he got knocked out in the first round. So it's logical to think JDS will beat him again. Cain's good, and he very well might win the rematch, but having failed in his first attempt to beat JDS, it's very rational and logical to think Cain will lose again.

I am serious when I say this. He is CLEARLY the better fighter, if you really analyze their fights.

When GSP vs Serra 2 happened, did people believe Serra was going to win again because he finished GSP the first time around?

Cardio : Cain

Speed : Cain

Wrestling : Cain

BJJ : Cain

Kickboxing : Cain

Boxing : JDS

Power : JDS

Then Reem will demolish both of them.

As evidenced by all the times that JDS has been out-wrestled, out-kick-boxed, got submitted, or even came close to being in danger of being submitted. Or how many times JDS has gassed in a fight.

It's cute that you give all these advantages to Cain Velasquez, but none of this is supported by anything that has ever been witnessed in a cage.

He is the underdog because JDS has consistently beaten better opponents in spectacular fashion. Including Cain in the first fight. JDS at this stage of his career is the favorite to beat ANYBODY he fights

Anytime someone types in all caps you know they are a little kid, so what they say doesn't matter.

I really see this more as a Chuck vs Tito. Tito was a great wrestler that was know for his great cardio. Chuck was a great striker known for his TDD.

The problem for Cain is he has to take down JDS in every round and early or he is in trouble. He has a couple of failed attempts and he is in trouble.

Back