I can't believe Cain is the underdog in this fight

This thread is hilarious.

1. Betting odds are NEVER determined by who the "better" fighter is. They are designed to create a 50-50 betting pool. The people setting the odds want 50% of the betting money to be placed on Cain and 50% to place on JDS. There is NOTHING ELSE CONSIDERED when creating betting odds.
  2. The only matchup that matters when comparing JDS and Cain is...well...JDS vs. Cain. And that fight ended by knockout in about one minute. So yeah...it's kind of hard to argue with that.
  3. GSP-Serra is a very different situation. Serra had just won a "comeback" season of TUF, meaning that he was doing nothing before getting an immediate title shot. GSP is considered one of the greatest of all time, and Cain simply is NOT GSP. The JDS win is not considered an upset by any experts, unlike the Serra win, which is considered one of the biggest upsets in recent history.

Regardless of your opinion of points 2 and 3, your lack of understanding of point #1 makes me seriously question your judgement.

you moron, point 1) ALWAYS correlates who the better fighter is. And that 50-50 betting pool is only true when the betting odds that are initially created are far from optimal. Do you even brain? That's why betting odds don't change that much, it's not 50-50 entire time, not even close.

Cain had a lot of trouble with Kongo for a while. In my book JDS is better at nearly everything than Kongo. I don't see how you have Cain "destroying" JDS.

Hang on a sec...
He is CLEARLY the better fighter, if you really analyze their fights.

What's weird is that I knew JDS was going to KO Cain in the first for that first fight they had.

I was telling everyone. Even though not much has changed from that fight, i'm confident Cain will destroy JDS.

No, that's not weird. That's mental disability. You do realize that you destroyed your own argument right there, right?

Cain's new nickname or if he does not have one, shit does he, ought to be "Sugar." And so it would read thus: "Sugar" Cain Velasquez. Wha wha wha.....:icon_lol:

How was it decisive? Let's see.

Junior looks at Cain, makes a fist, aims at Cain's head, connects, Cain goes down, Junior pounces, ref steps in. Junior is declared winner.

Sounds pretty decisive to me.

okay chonan subbed anderson in an embarrasssing and DECISIVE manner...Chonan is a better fighter than anderson. and i'm sure you'd pick him to win in a rematch...right?

that's how stupid your logic is. flukes happen kid.

I can't believe this is a thread.

JDS by TKO round 2.

Hang on a sec...

No, that's not weird. That's mental disability. You do realize that you destroyed your own argument right there, right?

Shut it kid, not much has changed mentally among the two fighters. But Cain is like GSP, he learns from his mistakes and he had a terrible game plan going into the fight.

That slight change of gameplan will be the changing factor in this fight. Don't play semantics with me loser.

okay chonan subbed anderson in an embarrasssing and DECISIVE manner...Chonan is a better fighter than anderson. and i'm sure you'd pick him to win in a rematch...right?

Flukes? lmao. There's no such thing as a fluke, kid.

JDS/Cain was not a fluke, Junior has KO'ed Werdum, Struve, Yvel, Gonzaga, Cain, and Mir, and has dropped Roy and Carwin and beat up Cro Cop to the point where he blinded him.

So yeah, there appears to be a pattern to Junior's fights, I'm guessing all of his KO's and knockdowns were flukes too, eh?

you moron, point 1) ALWAYS correlates who the better fighter is. And that 50-50 betting pool is only true when the betting odds that are initially created are far from optimal. Do you even brain? That's why betting odds don't change that much, it's not 50-50 entire time, not even close.

LOL...no.

The point of the betting odds is for the betting houses to make money. The only way to guarantee revenue is if half the money is being placed on each fighter.

Betting odds don't change much because these people are professionals, and they know what they're doing. And when they do change, it is purely to convince more people to put money on the side that's lacking money.

I know that you have to cling to your pride in this thread, so i'm sure you'll keep arguing, but i do hope you learn something.

Chonan subbed Silva with a crazy submission that is rarely seen. JDS just punched Cain in his big head. One is rare the other is common.

guy gets knocked out in 30 seconds on the first fox card people actually think hes gonna win now? lol jds isnt ben rothwell

I am more interested if the TS is still around after the Cain Vs. JDS fight

TS relax we love you.

So you're a walking contradiction then? :D

Regardless, I can't think of a time when someone would be a favorite in a rematch they had originally lost. GSP v Sera 2 being the obvious. But what others?
Chuck liddell vs couture

JDS has pretty sick tdd....if cane might have a short night if he can't get him to the ground. Both seem like nice dudes tho.....so I don't have a prob with either one of them holding the strap

Flukes? lmao. There's no such thing as a fluke, kid.

JDS/Cain was not a fluke, Junior has KO'ed Werdum, Struve, Yvel, Gonzaga, Cain, and Mir, and has dropped Roy and Carwin and beat up Cro Cop to the point where he blinded him.

So yeah, there appears to be a pattern to Junior's fights, I'm guessing all of his KO's and knockdowns were flukes too, eh?

was serra beating gsp a fluke? or was serra the better fighter?

answer that and shut up.

people don't understand that Cain's striking deficiency is extremely overlooked. the guy ONLY knows how to throw offense. he wouldn't know a counter if his wife served him lunch on one. and JDS will eat him alive.

Cain is a very tough fight for JDS, alongside the stylistically similar Cormier.
Saying he is clearly better is wrong when JDS has knocked him out, has displayed inferior striking, couldn't take him down when he tried in the first fight and is slower.

Cain certainly can beat JDS, It's just going to be harder for him to win than for JDS to win.
This was true in their first fight, it's true in this.

Back