I can't believe Cain is the underdog in this fight

So you're a walking contradiction then? :D

Regardless, I can't think of a time when someone would be a favorite in a rematch they had originally lost. GSP v Sera 2 being the obvious. But what others?

Hughes vs. BJ
Machida vs. Shogun
Spider vs. Okami
Forrest vs. Tito 2

This is all I can come up with in 30 seconds.

Regardless, I can't think of a time when someone would be a favorite in a rematch they had originally lost. GSP v Sera 2 being the obvious. But what others?

Rory Mac is the favorite over Condit for their upcoming fight.

Anytime someone types in all caps you know they are a little kid, so what they say doesn't matter.

I really see this more as a Chuck vs Tito. Tito was a great wrestler that was know for his great cardio. Chuck was a great striker known for his TDD.

The problem for Cain is he has to take down JDS in every round and early or he is in trouble. He has a couple of failed attempts and he is in trouble.

Id give Cain a better chance than Tito had against Chuck. Those fights had only 1 possible outcome and everyone including Tito knew it.

Nelson and cro cop didn't go down? lol...even brendan schaub ko'd cro cop.

And Werdum didn't get KO'd/TKO'd against Overeem (in two fights), Sergei, Fedor, Nelson, Arlovski, etc.

But JDS put his lights out.

Two can play this game.

Literally every thread supporting Cain before the first fight was just like this.

Hughes vs. BJ
Machida vs. Shogun
Spider vs. Okami
Forrest vs. Tito 2

This is all I can come up with in 30 seconds.

spider beat okami the first time forrest tito was a close fight and everyone thought shogun deserved the w

I think jds is the rightful fav

but I cap him at -150, he's around -200 now so if you're a betting man I think there is value on cain at this point. But still pick jds to win.

JDS is a BJJ blackbelt, is Cain?

Well, Wand is also a BJJ black belt. You can't judge by belts alone.

Truth be told, we really don't know how good the BJJ of either fighter is. JDS has hardly spent any time on the ground in the UFC. Cain has, but mostly in top control and doing some GnP. He appears to be excellent at getting back to his feet (Brock fight), but so is JDS (Carwin fight). Cain also blends aspects of BJJ into his grappling/positioning, but we've never seen him use it for subs or a sub escape.

Not sure, but I have a feeling that Liddel was probably favored in his rematch with Couture.

spider beat okami the first time forrest tito was a close fight and everyone thought shogun deserved the w

1. No, he didn't.
2. So what?
3. Again, so what?

Want more?

Chuck vs. Randy
Lesnar vs. Mir
MacDonald vs. Condit
Diaz vs. Noons
Thomson vs. Melendez
Chuck vs. Rampage

I could go on and on.

You compared JDS to Matt Serra. Fail
Cain isnt dominant champ with several title defenses as GSP. Fail.

The comparison to GSP vs Serra 1 is horrible.

Serra was a huge underdog in the first fight and was expected to lose because, well, GSP is a much better fighter.

Cain certainly does have a good shot of winning the rematch, but even his fans got to admit JDS is a very dangerous dude and certainly more than capable of another KO.

Shogun-Forrest 2.

Well, Wand is also a BJJ black belt. You can't judge by belts alone.

Truth be told, we really don't know how good the BJJ of either fighter is. JDS has hardly spent any time on the ground in the UFC. Cain has, but mostly in top control and doing some GnP. He appears to be excellent at getting back to his feet (Brock fight), but so is JDS (Carwin fight). Cain also blends aspects of BJJ into his grappling/positioning, but we've never seen him use it for subs or a sub escape.

I agree, but he was blindly saying Cain has better BJJ, and I was asking what belt he has. JDS is a black belt, so I would give him the edge, especially since neither of them have shown a submission game.

Back