I always liked Nick Diaz.

4Cfy3Rh.gif

Lawler pulled a Ric Flair. He was done.
Obviously NOT DONE. He clearly goes for the leg. /s

EDIT: and now I see I was the 5000th person to make this joke. Glad others are seeing the BS.

Nick knocked out Paul Daley. A guy who has only been knocked out like twice in 60 fights
That was super impressive... not beating Daley because he is a turtle on the ground. But beating him in his own game. That and gogoing Gomi.

Then the rest of his career has been exciting but super underwhelming.

big fan of the diaz bros, but at this point its hard to defend their behavior over the last few years. its just sad now. wouldve rather just seen them retire than become what they are atm.
I agree with you, as a huge Diaz fan it is hard to see what they have become, Nick especially is just an Instagram chick these days, it's a shame

That said, they still managed to leave behind a massively entertaining resume of fights that I can re-watch over and over, possibly more than any other fighters for me

I said it years ago, I wish they could both be ditched by the UFC and be free to take whatever money fights they want where ever they want

So you mean you’re THE GUY?

I heard tell once of a mythical creature. It was related to me that the Diaz bros had one real fan between them. I wrote it off as being ridiculous. Try to convince me Unicorns exist as well.

I’m eating crow and I’m very pleased to meet the one guy that likes those clowns.

So you mean you’re THE GUY?

I heard tell once of a mythical creature. It was related to me that the Diaz bros had one real fan between them. I wrote it off as being ridiculous. Try to convince me Unicorns exist as well.

I’m eating crow and I’m very pleased to meet the one guy that likes those clowns.
upload_2019-1-22_13-57-4.png upload_2019-1-22_13-57-25.png

BJ was ranked.
Zaromskis was ranked.
Daley was ranked.
Robbie Lawler was ranked.
KJ was ranked.
Gomi was not just ranked. He was #1 ranked.

Your "out of prime" assumptions are not interesting to anybody.

I agree with @oldschoolmmafan
LOLOL
Daely was ranked by beating who? Losing to KOS?

BJ was past his prime

Robbie was ranked by beating who? Losing to Pete Spratt who wasn’t even in the top 20

Zaromskis was ranked beating who? Bc he won the Dream title beating old fighters and no names. Not even top 15

KJ was ranked by beating who? Nick Diaz? Why are we still talking about KJ?

Sorry, welterweight was the most stacked division around his prime and none of those guys he beat were ranked and Robbie was too green when they fought.

2008-2010 top WW
GSP
Thiago Alves
KOS
Jon Fitch
Mike Swick
Paulo Thiago
Mike Pierce
Carlos Condit
Matt Hughes
Diego Sanchez
Karo
Mike Pyle
John Hathaway

And yet he lost to fighters on that list and avoided fighting the rest

He even avoided fighting Tyron Woodley in Strikeforce.

Oh let me add that the only ranked fighter Nick beat was Gomi and he went down in weight to 160 to get that win.

really his best win is a LW in gomi who was drinking the night before.

entertaining fighters and one of the few you can be fairly confident aren't using steroids.

What are you talking about? He has like half a dozen really impressive wins...at least.

really his best win is a LW in gomi who was drinking the night before.

Excuses.

Gomi was one of the top P4P fighters in the world at the time and he got boxed up and subbed by the superior fighter. Nick is a bad fight for gomi. It’s that simple.

I think that was a wierd early stoppage KO. They should have let that continue.

What? Robbie fell like he got sniped by a rifle .. Nick was arguably beating St. Pierre before he decided to hold his hands out and show boat and taunt instead of contuining to hit GSP... GSP struggled to grapple with Nick and control him and was getting hit a lot.. If that doesn't show your elite as GSP is the greatest WW of all time I dunno what will make you elite.

Nick Diaz is definitely elite, as is his brother..nates and Nick loses can mostly be blamed on theyre own mindset then theyre actual skill level they don't always make the best in ring choices or gameplans... Theyre just so dam antisocial it's hard for them to be consistent with there fans and the MMA world to be honest...

Excuses.

Gomi was one of the top P4P fighters in the world at the time and he got boxed up and subbed by the superior fighter. Nick is a bad fight for gomi. It’s that simple.
lol sure thing " That209 ", it was a WW fighting a LW.

LOLOL
Daely was ranked by beating who? Losing to KOS?

BJ was past his prime

Robbie was ranked by beating who? Losing to Pete Spratt who wasn’t even in the top 20

Zaromskis was ranked beating who? Bc he won the Dream title beating old fighters and no names. Not even top 15

KJ was ranked by beating who? Nick Diaz? Why are we still talking about KJ?

Sorry, welterweight was the most stacked division around his prime and none of those guys he beat were ranked and Robbie was too green when they fought.

2008-2010 top WW
GSP
Thiago Alves
KOS
Jon Fitch
Mike Swick
Paulo Thiago
Mike Pierce
Carlos Condit
Matt Hughes
Diego Sanchez
Karo
Mike Pyle
John Hathaway

And yet he lost to fighters on that list and avoided fighting the rest

He even avoided fighting Tyron Woodley in Strikeforce.

What a bunch of idiotic, clueless, revisionist blabbering.
"Fans" like you are the worst.

Everyone I mentioned was ranked. "Past their prime", as I mentioned, is your idiotic irrelevant assumption that interests nobody.

You claimed these fighters weren't ranked. I shoved straight into your stupid face that they were.

And now you, continuing being an imbecile, claim that during 2 YEARS there were only 13 RANKED WWs?
You clearly have no IQ or knowledge to continue this conversation.

CONCLUSION: Nick Diaz has a lot of great wins over ranked , respected and top opponents, whether you like it or not.

He fucked up Lawler when Lawler was being thought of as the Tyson of MMA. B.J, Noons, Gomi, Shamrock?
True! That fight was almost 15 years ago give or take a couple months

My favourite win of his was against Gomi (Unfortunately it wasn’t a win on his record) and that was 12 years ago.

Wish he would get back in the cage

What a bunch of idiotic, clueless, revisionist blabbering.
"Fans" like you are the worst.

Everyone I mentioned was ranked. "Past their prime", as I mentioned, is your idiotic irrelevant assumption that interests nobody.

You claimed these fighters weren't ranked. I shoved straight into your stupid face that they were.

And now you, continuing being an imbecile, claim that during 2 YEARS there were only 13 RANKED WWs?
You clearly have no IQ or knowledge to continue this conversation.

CONCLUSION: Nick Diaz has a lot of great wins over ranked , respected and top opponents, whether you like it or not.
You didn’t explain shit. Hey moron, answer my question then if it’s so simple who did his opponents beat to be ranked? They all fought unranked fighters stupid. I just listed the top fighters in that division during that time and yet Nick and all of his opponents he beat lost to or never even fought lol.

So again, how are they ranked? You have to beat a ranked fighter to be ranked and the only one he beat was Gomi. So I guess Nick was ranked at the 160 pound division which never existed in most of the organizations. The only 2 I can think of is Pride and Elite XC LOL

So again, explain to me how KJ was ranked in the top 10? Better yet, how was Daley? Or Zaromskis?

Here is the list again so tell me who Nick beat to be ranked?
2008-2010 top WW
GSP
Thiago Alves
KOS
Jon Fitch
Mike Swick
Paulo Thiago
Mike Pierce
Carlos Condit
Matt Hughes
Diego Sanchez
Karo
Mike Pyle
John Hathaway

F’n joke!
{<jordan}

Nick is a good fighter but he is a product of proelite and strikeforce marketing. They had segments on them and we learned they were marathon runners etc etc. They also gave him the mic which led to hilarious rants. They gave him a lot of can matches where he looked super good. I think it was Mike Aina or something like that where he got knocked down?

Back