I always liked Nick Diaz.

4Cfy3Rh.gif

Lawler pulled a Ric Flair. He was done.
He was definitely going for a single leg

The paul daley fight is one of my favorite fights. But ya mma has evolved way past him. Having a black belt in bjj, have great boxing and tough as nails was a solid combination back in the day.

Now you gotta have those, collegiate wrestling, and KO power. They always had the smack talk tho which is the 5th thing you need these days.

He sprung up and started jogging while looking like he had a weight on his head.
He was not ok.
Correct lawler did the backwards shuffle for about 6-7 steps until the octagon brought it to a halt. Otherwise he might still be going

Last edited:
He's been in some pretty good fights over the years.

Daley was a fun win, the Lawler fight was like 15 years ago?

I think that was a wierd early stoppage KO. They should have let that continue.
Dude his lights were turned off. We doing sadistic today? The guy can't stand but because his body isn't seemingly lifeless it was an early stop?

He fucked up Lawler when Lawler was being thought of as the Tyson of MMA. B.J, Noons, Gomi, Shamrock?
The Tyson of MMA? I have never heard that. Btw this is the same Lawler who was legged kicked so bad by an unknown Pete Spratt until he quit.

BJ was past his prime, Shamrock was way past his prime, KJ? Why are we talking about KJ?
The only impressive win he has is Gomi and Daley.
The only ranked fighter he beat is Gomi. Other than that, he has lost to every ranked fighter.

But in hindsight I don’t think he has any really impressive wins in MMA?

Correct me if I’m wrong. I think he came up in an era in the sport where Jiu Jitsu and boxing were all you needed.

If you were two dimensional and in shape you had an advantage over most b and c level fighters.

I would probably consider Nick and his brother A- level fighters. The kinds of guys you need to fill up your division.

i liked nick diaz as well it nick diva that i cant stand.

But in hindsight I don’t think he has any really impressive wins in MMA?

Correct me if I’m wrong. I think he came up in an era in the sport where Jiu Jitsu and boxing were all you needed.

If you were two dimensional and in shape you had an advantage over most b and c level fighters.

I would probably consider Nick and his brother A- level fighters. The kinds of guys you need to fill up your division.
You have a very simplistic view of this sport.

I think that was a wierd early stoppage KO. They should have let that continue.

Yeah, you definitely don't know what you're watching. If you're a casual it's fine, but you took the time to create an account on a really nerdy MMA Forum, I'm pretty sure you're more than a casual fan. If you want to learn more I recommend youtube Watch a lot of different analysts breakdowns. They all have their biases and downfalls, but the more pov's you get, the wider your scope of knowledge becomes. I personally enjoy The Weasel and Jack Slack, BJJ scout is really good too, Lawrence Kenshin for kickboxing and MT, etc.

Last edited:
The Tyson of MMA? I have never heard that. Btw this is the same Lawler who was legged kicked so bad by an unknown Pete Spratt until he quit.

BJ was past his prime, Shamrock was way past his prime, KJ? Why are we talking about KJ?
The only impressive win he has is Gomi and Daley.
The only ranked fighter he beat is Gomi. Other than that, he has lost to every ranked fighter.

BJ was ranked.
Zaromskis was ranked.
Daley was ranked.
Robbie Lawler was ranked.
KJ was ranked.
Gomi was not just ranked. He was #1 ranked.

Your "out of prime" assumptions are not interesting to anybody.

I agree with @oldschoolmmafan

Losing the Gomi win because of weed was unfortunate, I don't think it enhanced his performance.

All I know is that when someone actually fights to finish him. He puts on amazing fights. Wish he was still active.

Back