I’m going to say two things movie related you really might not like, but are true....

Sam Elliot as General Ross > William Hurt as General Ross

giphy.webp

Yeah, Sam should've strapped up like Drago in Rocky IV and went ape shit on HGH. It really would've fit the character in Road House...

<WhatIsThis>
I'm talking in general, Sam is fine, its make believe.. Drama school kids are a fay breed.

In a movie that has Patrick fucking Swayze acting like a badass you're complaining about someone else looking unrealistic.
At least he knew how to stand.

But yes, lol at his hitting the bag as some proof of his badassery when he sucked at that as well. He was pretty athletic overall though.

Well sam elliot had over 150 amateur boxing fights and was also a black belt in taikwondo or however it’s spelt, and Tom berringer had to make a decision between pursuing his baseball career or acting, many believe he made the wrong decision
Haha you’re full of shit..

I've always thought Berenger was terrible in Major League as a ball player. Good actor though. I didn't lose sleep over it and loved the movie. Sam was clearly portrayed as a brawler who's lost a step or two. Dalton with his martial arts taking the place of the old-school John Wayne type of brawler was a clear theme in the movie. Maybe TS should try Space Balls or Air Bud? They're pretty easy to figure out.

I've always thought Berenger was terrible in Major League as a ball player. Good actor though. I didn't lose sleep over it and loved the movie. Sam was clearly portrayed as a brawler who's lost a step or two. Dalton with his martial arts taking the place of the old-school John Wayne type of brawler was a clear theme in the movie. Maybe TS should try Space Balls or Air Bud? They're pretty easy to figure out.
Yeah... Roadhouse is obviously too difficult to figure out and your high level examination of it is proof you are a true connoisseur of high film art. Bravo.

I don't know who either of these people are? are they 80's stars?

Yeah... Roadhouse is obviously too difficult to figure out and your high level examination of it is proof you are a true connoisseur of high film art. Bravo.
Thanks. I do my best. Not everyone can watch an actor, portraying a fictional character. and conclude that the actor is unskilled at something in real life because the fictional character he portrayed on film lacked such skills. I guess that means Dennis Haysbert, who played Pedro Cerrano, cannot hit a curve ball. Julia Louis Dreyfus can't dance. Harrison Ford must be afraid of snakes and elephants are afraid of mice. Fortunately, Clint Eastwood can think in Russian and Arnold can smell bad guys coming from upwind.

Thanks. I do my best. Not everyone can watch an actor, portraying a fictional character. and conclude that the actor is unskilled at something in real life because the fictional character he portrayed on film lacked such skills. I guess that means Dennis Haysbert, who played Pedro Cerrano, cannot hit a curve ball. Julia Louis Dreyfus can't dance. Harrison Ford must be afraid of snakes and elephants are afraid of mice. Fortunately, Clint Eastwood can think in Russian and Arnold can smell bad guys coming from upwind.

<RomeroSalute>

Back