I’m going to say two things movie related you really might not like, but are true....

Amerikuracana

Life allows the illusion of relativity
Banned
Reaction score
Sam Elliot was/is obviously somebody that couldn’t fight in real life. At all. Like, he would have got picked on in school and probably did. Just rewatched Roadhouse, because Sam Garza is great in it, and Sam Elliot is so unathletic that he can’t ever pretend fight or stand in a normal/decent fighting stance. The cowboy schtick can suck a ****.. If the lights turned out and being able to fight or defend yourself defined what being tough is, he’d be a fkn can.

Next, kind of the same with Tom Berenger. Dude couldn’t swing a bat properly or throw a baseball. He had the tough guy baller look in the face, but he obviously was completely not athletic and it showed a few times in a few of his movies.

I’m really sorry if you believed these guys were badasses. They were not.

TS is just a hater. Wade Garrett rules. LOL.

Seriously, according to Benny "The Jet" Urquidez who choreographed the fight scenes in ROADHOUSE, Wade wasn't supposed to look fit & athletic in his approach to fighting. Urquidez likened the character to "an old wounded bear" according to an article that I read on the production of the movie in Black belt magazine back in 1989. And I think Elliot portrayed that in his scenes very well.

Sam Elliot was/is obviously somebody that couldn’t fight in real life. At all. Like, he would have got picked on in school and probably did. Just rewatched Roadhouse, because Sam Garza is great in it, and Sam Elliot is so unathletic that he can’t ever pretend fight or stand in a normal/decent fighting stance. The cowboy schtick can suck a ****.. If the lights turned out and being able to fight or defend yourself defined what being tough is, he’d be a fkn can.

Next, kind of the same with Tom Berenger. Dude couldn’t swing a bat properly or throw a baseball. He had the tough guy baller look in the face, but he obviously was completely not athletic and it showed a few times in a few of his movies.

I’m really sorry if you believed these guys were badasses. They were not.

tenor.gif

Things have changed. Now actors playing superheroes look like superheroes and Keanu Reeves could probably kill you with a pencil.

Edit: still a Sam Elliott fan

He could, but good guy Keanu harbours no bitterness in his bum soul. He would only use his lethal pencil techniques as a last resort tactic, and always in self-defense or defense of helpless little puppies. Saint Keanu, protector of doggos, bless you.

Actors are the betas, its their nature, the didnt want to work for a living. Look at someone like hugh jackman lol

Yeah, Sam should've strapped up like Drago in Rocky IV and went ape shit on HGH. It really would've fit the character in Road House...

<WhatIsThis>

Well sam elliot had over 150 amateur boxing fights and was also a black belt in taikwondo or however it’s spelt, and Tom berringer had to make a decision between pursuing his baseball career or acting, many believe he made the wrong decision

Back