I’m going to say two things movie related you really might not like, but are true....

Matt Damon did not hold the chalk like a math prodigy in Good Will Hunting. It fucking ruined that movie for me. ROOOOOOO-Inned.
This is a thread I'd actually make. Just bashing two actors who were popular in the 80's for not being actual street fighters.

Tom Berenger vs Tom Sizemore

Who wins in a fight?

I myself, was devastated to learn that Sam Elliot in fact did not kill Hitler and then Bigfoot, DAMN YOU HOLLYWOOD!!!

TS has proven consistently that he isn't that smart.

giphy.webp

I don't know if this is movie related or not, but it's inspired by this gif so here goes... Chris Evans is objectively better lookng than either Scarlett or Elizabeth Olsen... no homo.

I'm always surprised with how completely unspectacular most actors look in Profile? Especially the women. Not picking on Olsen here, she's really lovely, but has zero angles. Scarjo is better, but not by much. Evans has a nice sculpted face. Nice strong nose... strong forehead... sharp cheekbones.

Sam Elliot was/is obviously somebody that couldn’t fight in real life. At all. Like, he would have got picked on in school and probably did. Just rewatched Roadhouse, because Sam Garza is great in it, and Sam Elliot is so unathletic that he can’t ever pretend fight or stand in a normal/decent fighting stance. The cowboy schtick can suck a ****.. If the lights turned out and being able to fight or defend yourself defined what being tough is, he’d be a fkn can.

Next, kind of the same with Tom Berenger. Dude couldn’t swing a bat properly or throw a baseball. He had the tough guy baller look in the face, but he obviously was completely not athletic and it showed a few times in a few of his movies.

I’m really sorry if you believed these guys were badasses. They were not.

He would still give you a mustache ride better than any you could ever dream of

TS has proven consistently that he isn't that smart.

OMG you got serious competition then.

I mean, look at your AV.... did you see that guy's towel drop???

TS is just a hater. Wade Garrett rules. LOL.

Seriously, according to Benny "The Jet" Urquidez who choreographed the fight scenes in ROADHOUSE, Wade wasn't supposed to look fit & athletic in his approach to fighting. Urquidez likened the character to "an old wounded bear" according to an article that I read on the production of the movie in Black belt magazine back in 1989. And I think Elliot portrayed that in his scenes very well.
Exactly, he wasn’t supposed to be a young spry fighter.
An aged man with experience who knew his time had passed, thus mentoring the younger Dalton.

He even says more than once , “I’m getting to old for this” and knows he can’t handle the shit like he used too..

I was also in perfect agreement with the way he played the part. As you mentioned he wasn’t supposed to still be in prime shape..

On another note Swayze used to dress in his “Dalton” workout attire(probubaly not the same actual stuff but similar, old sweatpants etc) early in the mornings outside his secluded home on the river.

The first couple times I briefly spoke with him I didn’t realize it was who it was, which is why over time I think he talked to me more.

As I was always more interested in what the fish were doing, then being “omg you’re Patrick swayze!!”
We never once brought that up in our brief early morning passing talks

It seems like he used to hide and not be anywhere close to being seen , until he began to recognize my boat it seemed and knew I would just say “hi” and keep on fishing and going down the river.. and could have a normal early morning pleas try and not being chased by him being who he was(which I’m sure is why he built that house where he did..)

I've got 3

1. I’ve watched every single Rocky movie at least once and have come to this conclusion. Despite being in tremendous shape and having access to the best trainers and best gear Sylvester Stallone not only has never had an ounce of athletic talent but can’t box for shit. In fact, I’d wager that his brother Frank would have wiped the floor with him in a fight.

2. Paul Thomas Anderson has been living off the good faith he won from Boogie Nights for the last 25 years and hasn’t made a truly great film since. He’s made some very well-made, good looking, and interesting films, but hasn’t put it all together since Boogie Nights. And by put it all together I mean making a movie that checks all the craft boxes and Is both great Art and is crowd pleasing (puts butts in seats) like QT and to a lesser extent Wes Anderson. He’s a level below both.

3. Black people are well represented when it comes to Oscar nominations. They make up 13-14 pct. of the US population and less of the overall population of the western world in general (Europe/Oz/ Russia/Canada). Probably no more than 10%. And yet every year for the last decade or so they get around 10% of the nominations in the major categories: Best Picture. Director. Actor/Actress. Supporting Actor/Actress. Screenplay. Original/Adapted. Other groups, like Hispanics and Asians, are comparatively far less represented… even with Parasite and Roma. Both aberrations that won’t happen again for years.

Exactly, he wasn’t supposed to be a young spry fighter.
An aged man with experience who knew his time had passed, thus mentoring the younger Dalton.

He even says more than once , “I’m getting to old for this” and knows he can’t handle the shit like he used too..

I was also in perfect agreement with the way he played the part. As you mentioned he wasn’t supposed to still be in prime shape..

On another note Swayze used to dress in his “Dalton” workout attire(probubaly not the same actual stuff but similar, old sweatpants etc) early in the mornings outside his secluded home on the river.

The first couple times I briefly spoke with him I didn’t realize it was who it was, which is why over time I think he talked to me more.

As I was always more interested in what the fish were doing, then being “omg you’re Patrick swayze!!”
We never once brought that up in our brief early morning passing talks

It seems like he used to hide and not be anywhere close to being seen , until he began to recognize my boat it seemed and knew I would just say “hi” and keep on fishing and going down the river.. and could have a normal early morning pleas try and not being chased by him being who he was(which I’m sure is why he built that house where he did..)

That's very cool that you got to spend some time with Swayze like you did. Where was this in Texas or maybe California? And was it before he got sick?

For some reason, I cared enough to actually google a Roadhouse fight scene and then watch it. Meh. It's pretty standard 90'ies movie fighting. Elliott does nothing special, but I don't see anything terrible about his performance either. He even throws teh jab followed by a right cross at 2.10 and a liver shot a bit earlier. That's actually decent standard for movie boxing, which is usually just telegraphed windmilling for a minute.

Back