Hunting

I didn't get a shot at anything. I will be going out for the late hunt. How did everyone else do?

Got my moose and deer tags. Been hunting since I could hold a gun. Best moose hunting in the world is in Northern Ontario.

No time this year.

Last experience was mid-October after thanksgiving weekend (Canada) after closing the cottage. Decided to take 25kms of old railbeds instead of the road to start my trp home. Flushed 3 grouse and got 3 grouse over 90 minutes.

Drove home smiling and had a few nice dinners that week.

Edit: That was my only successful day this year, had a black cloud over me this year for both fishing and early fall hunting.

I didn't get a shot at anything. I will be going out for the late hunt. How did everyone else do?

Been out hiking around. Went to go out opening day and usually spend like 5 minutes sighting in my rifle, Somehow everything came loose(cause I keep it in my hunting rig now). So I went out on the 25th and just scouted out there. Some guy rolled up on me and told me to get off his property, to which I had to inform him that he was actually on state property and there are no motorized vehicles allowed(4 wheeler).

He called the Warden on me and when he showed up me and the Warden(we know each other) got all chummy and the dude got pissed off. He got a $100+ ticket, lol. I let him know I used to work for FWP out here and know the area well, and that as an out of stater he shouldn't act like a dick and try and cut off historic hunting grounds.

Anywho, saw a nice small bull elk. I'll go out again on Saturday, but I've got to work some overtimes here in the next few days.

Open now. Will go in a week or so

Got my moose and deer tags. Been hunting since I could hold a gun. Best moose hunting in the world is in Northern Ontario.

Good stuff. Moose are in Washington, but you have to put in for a special tag. What kind of rifle you using for a moose?

Been out hiking around. Went to go out opening day and usually spend like 5 minutes sighting in my rifle, Somehow everything came loose(cause I keep it in my hunting rig now). So I went out on the 25th and just scouted out there. Some guy rolled up on me and told me to get off his property, to which I had to inform him that he was actually on state property and there are no motorized vehicles allowed(4 wheeler).

He called the Warden on me and when he showed up me and the Warden(we know each other) got all chummy and the dude got pissed off. He got a $100+ ticket, lol. I let him know I used to work for FWP out here and know the area well, and that as an out of stater he shouldn't act like a dick and try and cut off historic hunting grounds.

Anywho, saw a nice small bull elk. I'll go out again on Saturday, but I've got to work some overtimes here in the next few days.

Lol. What an idiot. I hate people that get all uppity in the woods. You're out in Montana aren't you?

Open now. Will go in a week or so

Deer? Or a big ol Gator?

Lol. What an idiot. I hate people that get all uppity in the woods. You're out in Montana aren't you?

Yeah out in Montana. Gonna be hunting Mt. Haggin this year. a bit of a drive for me, but a lot of lowlands where the bigger herds like to escape the cold.

haggin-5.jpg

He drove off for a little bit, but came back when he saw the Warden coming. For a long while he just sat there on the 4 wheeler with a revolver in his lap and we sat in silence. I asked him to put it away twice, but he just sat there trying to look hard. Dick.

Yeah out in Montana. Gonna be hunting Mt. Haggin this year. a bit of a drive for me, but a lot of lowlands where the bigger herds like to escape the cold.

haggin-5.jpg

He drove off for a little bit, but came back when he saw the Warden coming. For a long while he just sat there on the 4 wheeler with a revolver in his lap and we sat in silence. I asked him to put it away twice, but he just sat there trying to look hard. Dick.

That's awesome looking man. Montana is the shit.

Pulling a revolver. What a jackass. Last thing I want is law enforcement rolling up on me when I have a gun out lol

That's awesome looking man. Montana is the shit.

Pulling a revolver. What a jackass. Last thing I want is law enforcement rolling up on me when I have a gun out lol

The whole time I was thinking "this guy must be from California" because Montanans would rather kick your ass then call the po po, and they definitely wouldn't pull a gun until they were ready to blast you. By golly, he ended up being from California. Warden told him if he was called out again he would be taking him off in cuffs for intimidation and harrassment.

The whole time I was thinking "this guy must be from California" because Montanans would rather kick your ass then call the po po, and they definitely wouldn't pull a gun until they were ready to blast you. By golly, he ended up being from California. Warden told him if he was called out again he would be taking him off in cuffs for intimidation and harrassment.

mars_attacks_jack_nicholson.gif

I'm shocked lol

Depends on the rifle, land own age...

I have Moose tags from Oct. 11- Nov. 25th

That's cool as hell man. Almost two months with a modern rifle for a moose. Modern rifle in Washington you get like three weeks in grand total. And that's for a deer.

venison jerky and venison sausage sticks are fucking delicious

That's cool as hell man. Almost two months with a modern rifle for a moose. Modern rifle in Washington you get like three weeks in grand total. And that's for a deer.
Deer hunting is almost the cool thing to do up here, no one thinks of getting bear tags. Moose is far more harvest friendly and better meat, than beat and venison.

I've only shot two deer in my life

Deer hunting is almost the cool thing to do up here, no one thinks of getting bear tags. Moose is far more harvest friendly and better meat, than beat and venison.

I've only shot two deer in my life

Nice. Never even had moose, how would you describe it?

I've gone deer, elk, and turkey hunting. I've gone bow and rifle. The only thing I've ever killed are doves. I suck at hunting. I'm gonna starve when the zombie apocalypse hits.

I've gone deer, elk, and turkey hunting. I've gone bow and rifle. The only thing I've ever killed are doves. I suck at hunting. I'm gonna starve when the zombie apocalypse hits.

Hahaha. I laughed at this.

Back