Hunting

I'm fucking pumped. Going up on the 17th for a week with a buddy, my dad and grandpa. I'm just going for a couple of does and some grouse for the meat. I'm not a trophy hunter. Got a little hunting cabin/shack on some land my family owns here in northern Alberta/Canada.

Went back and checked the website more--evidently there's only been 5 reported cases in VA the past few years, though there have been many more in West Virginia. I think I was confusing it with hemorrhagic disease. I don't know if VA would shut down deer hunting if it got bad, however.

Has there been an outbreak in NC recently? I lived there for three years but didn't hunt at the time.

In WI when CWD was a big conceren they actually encouraged hunting, just made it so all deer had to be tested before final harvest. If I remember right we had it worst then most states, but the % was still really low on all harvested deer.

It wouldnt make sense that they would stop hunting,

I wouldn't eat feral hog. I've read that the meat tastes and smells like shit.

You couldn't be any more wrong feral hog is great javalina not so much I kill at least 3 feral pigs a yr amazing smoked jalapeno cheese sausage amazing pulled pork. I hunt with a 270 and 308 have shot axis (best deer meat ever) whitetail feral hog aoudad squirrel etc. Even done the hog hunt with dogs and a knife major adrenaline rush. Love to hunt have a yr round lease hunt probabl 15 20 times a yr

I'm 30 and never hunted a day in my life. Don't think I'm gonna pick it up anytime soon.

a few pics from my past yr of hunting cant really get into ll the trail cam pics right now

Hog ribs....
200_s.gif

Holy crap you guys use some big ass guns for white tail. I use a Browning A Bolt 22-250. I'm thinking about trying something different though this year.

I'm 30 and never hunted a day in my life. Don't think I'm gonna pick it up anytime soon.
Get your license and tags and go with people who do hunt. Let them kill your animal. That way they get some extra meat and you get a nice hike.

Love my dads .50cal muzzleloader. He gets a deer with it every year, such a nice gun.

Edit. Lol at the aoudad picture. We have those at the zoo

Love my dads .50cal muzzleloader. He gets a deer with it every year, such a nice gun.

Edit. Lol at the aoudad picture. We have those at the zoo
Lol dude theres so many free ranging aoudad at my lease its ridiculous they love the mountain terrain

Goddamn dynamo, you're killing everything.

I hunt and fish pretty much all the time. I am in a unique position in life where I am retired and set for life at a young age. A friend of mine owns about 10k acres of Ranch land in the Sierras and I am honored to join him on some bad ass depredation hunts. Not too mention the regular seasonal stuff, varmints and critters. Hes got a few ponds on his property too so we can gig for frog legs, fish, crawdads. Its all good. My favorite is to hunt the pigs. They are such a problem up there and its pretty much open season on them since its depredation. Its so isolated that there is never an issue with tresspassers and poachers but these good ol boys would make quick work of any ilk like that......

Hide yo deers. Hide yo boars. They killin everything out here.

Went duck hunting this past weekend. Will go white tail deer soon... but haven't made plans yet.

Where is GEP in these discussions...

SWIM is going to hunt a couple of kangaroos this weekend... I feel jealous of you guys with deer and elk - there are deer around here, but not at the property I hunt at, and no elk at all.

I might get some porkers or hares - I use a 204 Ruger most of the time, although I have a few others (44 Mag lever, 6.5x55 or 12ga if I expect to find big pigs).

Back