Hunting

Scrody

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anybody going hunting soon? In Washington opening day for deer is this Saturday.

Any fellow sherdoggers planning a trip to the woods soon? Lets hear it.

Edit: What are you hunting with? What are you hunting for? What have you previously bagged? Share some stories.

Last edited:
Figured I'd bump the thread. Going out tonight, going to do an overnight trip on foot. Wish me luck sherbros.

next Saturday

going hog hunting to stock the freezer for thanksgiving

Good luck! What are you hunting for? What are you hunting with?

Either way, I hope you have a clean kill or a clean miss.

next Saturday

going hog hunting to stock the freezer for thanksgiving

Nice. I've wanted to go hog hunting bad. I would love a freezer full of pulled pork sandwiches.

I hunted and killed a black bear (250 pounds) a couple weeks ago. Took me 11 years to get a tag. Looking forward to sharing the meat with my brothers and dad during deer season. Going bow hunting for deer the next few weekends as the rut will be kicking into high gear soon...

Good luck! What are you hunting for? What are you hunting with?

Either way, I hope you have a clean kill or a clean miss.

I was out deer hunting on the eastern side of the cascades. Saw a doe but no bucks, so no deer for me. An unlucky grouse popped out of the woods and got himself shot. My 1911 got itself a kill. I was carrying that and my mosin nagant, felt like going old school for this trip. I actually managed a pretty clean shot on the grouse, so I got some meat out of the deal. Just about took it's head off in one shot.

Anybody going hunting soon? In Washington opening day for deer is this Saturday.

Any fellow sherdoggers planning a trip to the woods soon? Lets hear it.

Edit: What are you hunting with? What are you hunting for? What have you previously bagged? Share some stories.

Going to Colorado for mule deer. I usually bring both my 7mm and 300 Win Mag.

Mule deer is my thing.

Lots of my buddies and brother in law have been going Moose hunting in Nothern Ontario. I'd go with them but I'd rather spend my boys weekends in Vegas, NYC, Nashville etc. Sitting in the woods is peaceful and all but lets be honest it is kinda ghey

Being outdoors on the hunt is gay, but being in a city with a bunch of "boys" isn't. Okay.

I don't understand hunting.

I'd do it if I had to live, but otherwise I don't get it.

Going Elk hunting this weekend

Went Antelope hunting back in late August

Going to Colorado for mule deer. I usually bring both my 7mm and 300 Win Mag.

Mule deer is my thing.

You got some boss hog rifles there. I have a love affair with the 7mm. Wicked round.

Yes.
Hunting women...
I eat them
No, not just the pussy.

You got some boss hog rifles there. I have a love affair with the 7mm. Wicked round.

I've never been hog hunting, but I'd like to try it someday.

I know in some southern states there is a real infestation problem with wild hogs, where their population is massively out of control, and you can go out for night hunts and bag as many as you can possibly get. I'd like to do that someday too.

Might as well add: what are you hunting with? Bow? Modern rifle? Muzzle loader?

I've never been hog hunting, but I'd like to try it someday.

I know in some southern states there is a real infestation problem with wild hogs, where their population is massively out of control, and you can go out for night hunts and bag as many as you can possibly get. I'd like to do that someday too.

I meant "boss hog" as in you can pretty much take out anything in north America lol I have a friend of mine that's gone on numerous pig hunts. A lot of ranchers will let you do it for free, you just gotta have your own gear and not shoot their animals or buildings.

Women shoes as bait. Oprah reruns as luring call. Kill them with my bear hands.
Wait for it...
BEAR+HANDS_e745f7_3876121.jpg

I've never been hog hunting either but I'd like to try it. Good reason to bust out my LMT MWS....

I've elk and deer my whole life, a couple antelope too. Hunted elk and deer with rifle and bow.

Not until November. I'm taking my 870 out with slugs to give that a go this year. I dialed it in last week. It is spot on at 40 yards. I will see how it goes at 50 yards. I was thinking of putting a 2.5x on it to see if I could go to 100 yards. I'm talking kill shot to the heart, not just hitting some big target.

This is where I adjusted the elevation until I got a kill shot at 40 yards. I don't even expect to have to shoot that far anyway but you never know.

For a short barreled tactical shotgun it's amazingly accurate.

My brother tried to dial in his Mossberg 835 but couldn't get a kill shot.

I'm more of a gatherer than a hunter.

.444 Marlin
Benelli R1 ComforTech .338

I meant "boss hog" as in you can pretty much take out anything in north America lol I have a friend of mine that's gone on numerous pig hunts. A lot of ranchers will let you do it for free, you just gotta have your own gear and not shoot their animals or buildings.

I see. Yeah, the 300 Win Mag is great and about as big as I want to go. Any bigger than that and you start messing up your shoulder.

That would be awesome. I wonder how you hook up with the owners?

That's cool motorboat. I just hunt with a little break action 30 06.

I want to get an extended barrel for my glock 20 so I can hunt with it as well. Needs to be at least 6 inches. Thered just be something downright cool about taking a large game animal with a pistol.

I see. Yeah, the 300 Win Mag is great and about as big as I want to go. Any bigger than that and you start messing up your shoulder.

I don't even like going to 300wm any more. I used to be about big weatherby calibers and magnum rounds, then I found that I can get anything with standard cartridges like my 30-06, 270, etc, etc.

Even for trips to Alaska and Canada, I never took more than a 30-06 for the past...shit...12 years now and never had problems.

Yes they are. Not regulated in any state that I'm aware. They are not indigenous animals and are considered fair game anytime.

Yeah, in a lot of southern states their population has exploded out of control and they are considered pests to the environment and rest of the natural habitat. They breed much faster than can be properly controlled and it has an adverse affect on the wildlife around them.

ill be using a 30/30 and .308

moose, northwestern canada, 30-06 and 303, also remington 12g and a long bow for grouse along the way :)

I would love to go Moose hunting in Canada. Coming from the USA, I wonder how easy it is to get drawn up there (or however they do it)?

White Tail in Mississippi during X-mas break. Sadly, I only get to go maybe twice a year.

I don't even like going to 300wm any more. I used to be about big weatherby calibers and magnum rounds, then I found that I can get anything with standard cartridges like my 30-06, 270, etc, etc.

Even for trips to Alaska and Canada, I never took more than a 30-06 for the past...shit...12 years now and never had problems.

There was a point where I was interested in a weatherby. I don't remember which one I was looking at but it was bigger than their .300 . Luckily I decided not to do it. I've heard so many stories of people buying them, taking one shot, and then immediately selling them. Lol, I don't need something that yuge.

Then again, the .577 T-Rex was always appealing. :icon_chee

[YT]-EVqT3XEzss[/YT]

Kiddo- that's the same deal in Washington. We get this whole upcoming week then another week in November sometime.

Old school Remington XP-100 in .223

I'm too advanced for hunting though, I'm a pastoralist.

first monday of november for myself. Cant wait. Just bought a new mossberg 935 semi auto. Came with a rifled slug barrel and a turkey barrel.

I imagine you gotta know a guy who knows a guy. I never really got any clarification on how he was able to do it. Maybe email some of the bigger land owners in the area that you're going to be in. It seems like you'd have to know them well though. I wouldn't want random guys running around my propery at night with ARs and such lol

Back