How well would Conor do against top 10 LW's?

Cerrone always finds a way to win. Conor doesnt have the power to KO Cerrone like he does everyone else. Cerrone obliterates the body. Conor is fairly slow, plus Cerrone is a much bigger dude and could take him down and elbow the shit out of him. I am ready for Conor to move up in weight. Regarding boxing...I take it you havent noticed that Cerrone has been working on his hands. He out boxed Bendo. I agree that he doesnt seem to be improving, but he has. He is a slow starter, but finds a way to win. World class boxing is fine when you arent being countered to the body by knees.Conor has heavier hands, but NOT heaver kicks. I havent seen many impressive kicks at all that conor has thrown. Its Always the hard left...every time.
Cerrone finished Siver much quicker than Conor.

I disagree on Connor's speed and power. He has a lightning sharp left straight and would definitely have KO power at LW. He already showed punch KO power at the weight before the UFC. I just think Cerrone could handle the in your face pressure, like when he faced Diaz. AS for Conor's unimpressive kicks...did you not see the Mendes fight? Jesus man.

He would beat them all.

G.D. what is up with all of these freakin' G.D. mother F'ing asinine mixed weightclass threads.

You G.D. dumb M.F's! They created weightclasses for one G.D. M.F'ing reason.

Here it is A-hats:

HW > LHW > MW > WW > LW > FTW > BW > FLW Plain and simple so even Sherdoggers can understand.

If there were NO WEIGHT CLASSES, the top 10 would ALL BE current HW's. The ONLY possible exception "could" be Jon Jones.

Most UFC champions would be "competitive" against the 8 - 10 ranked fighters in the weight class above them in a one off fight. The toll of a permanent move up would absolutely require a major change in training and diet to acclimate to the additional body weight, and that of their "bigger opponents".

Just out of curiosity, what male UFC champion do you feel has ZERO competitiveness against the #8-#10 ranked fighters in the above WC?

I am sorry, but the laws of fighting apply top McGregor the same as they do to ANY AND EVERY other male UFC fighter!

Any imbecile to whacked to understand this simple fact, and hold it AGAINST a lighter fighter IS THE cancer of MMA in general. It is NOT acceptable to knock ANY UFC champion as a result of not ALSO being a top contender in higher WC's.

My rant is done. I am TRULY sorry, D.J, Dillashaw, McGoat, RDA, Lawler all get utterly manhandled by ALL NON top 10 ranked Struve, Olynyk, Cro-Cop, Mitrione, Bigfoot and you can go as far down in the rankings as you like.

100 ranked 50 YO Jeff Monson would hold McGoat down and poo-poo in his mouth at will, Damn, rant over. I'm outta here.

How is this even a question when his opponents are just an illusion?

Remember conor live and dies by this quote (and spars blindfolded):

"How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real"

I'm certain that conor beats all champions in the ufc regardless of weight. Guy is just that good.

Lose to the top top fighters, but beat some lower ranked like Ferguson ( I think)

G.D. what is up with all of these freakin' G.D. mother F'ing asinine mixed weightclass threads.

You G.D. dumb M.F's! They created weightclasses for one G.D. M.F'ing reason.

Here it is A-hats:

HW > LHW > MW > WW > LW > FTW > BW > FLW Plain and simple so even Sherdoggers can understand.

If there were NO WEIGHT CLASSES, the top 10 would ALL BE current HW's. The ONLY possible exception "could" be Jon Jones.

Most UFC champions would be "competitive" against the 8 - 10 ranked fighters in the weight class above them in a one off fight. The toll of a permanent move up would absolutely require a major change in training and diet to acclimate to the additional body weight, and that of their "bigger opponents".

Just out of curiosity, what male UFC champion do you feel has ZERO competitiveness against the #8-#10 ranked fighters in the above WC?

I am sorry, but the laws of fighting apply top McGregor the same as they do to ANY AND EVERY other male UFC fighter!

Any imbecile to whacked to understand this simple fact, and hold it AGAINST a lighter fighter IS THE cancer of MMA in general. It is NOT acceptable to knock ANY UFC champion as a result of not ALSO being a top contender in higher WC's.

My rant is done. I am TRULY sorry, D.J, Dillashaw, McGoat, RDA, Lawler all get utterly manhandled by ALL NON top 10 ranked Struve, Olynyk, Cro-Cop, Mitrione, Bigfoot and you can go as far down in the rankings as you like.

100 ranked 50 YO Jeff Monson would hold McGoat down and poo-poo in his mouth at will, Damn, rant over. I'm outta here.

Dude, relax. People are talking about a move to a weight class 10 lbs higher where CM has already fought and won a title outside if the UFC. It isn't like they are suggesting a move to MW.

There are many examples of fighters who have been competitive at the highest level in multiple weight classes: machida, cormier, couture, edgar, just off the top of my head.

Honestly, LW is CM's natural weight class, and fighting there will likely improve his performance, if anything.

He's favourite over everyone except Khabib and RDA and maybe Pettis.

I think Michael Johnson and Dariush aren't good matchups for Conor either but I still think he has the edge in those fights.

I think only Khabib is a no chance situation though. Can easily see him catching RDA and outpacing Pettis.

Delusional.

This thread gives Conor haters a chance to go on about how he would be obliterated at lightweight without much debate.

I'm not gonna say he could beat everyone in the top 5, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him beat everyone in the top 5.

This thread gives Conor haters a chance to go on about how he would be obliterated at lightweight without much debate.

I'm not gonna say he could beat everyone in the top 5, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him beat everyone in the top 5.

Not really, it's more along the lines of delusional McGregor fanboys saying how he would obliterate the Lightweight division.

LOL this thread is hilarious. People saying Conor gets crushed by these fighters? Why don't these guys cut 10 lbs and own the title? First motherfuckers are saying "he's so much bigger than these 145ers" and now it's "these marginal 155ers are too big and strong for him."

To "Sherdog" should be a phrase that means "to scratch your asshole and sniff your finger, enjoying your own." Dudes got their heads so far up their asses that I'm sure someone is going to get choked to death by their own asshole before summer's out.

LOL this thread is hilarious. People saying Conor gets crushed by these fighters? Why don't these guys cut 10 lbs and own the title? First motherfuckers are saying "he's so much bigger than these 145ers" and now it's "these marginal 155ers are too big and strong for him."

To "Sherdog" should be a phrase that means "to scratch your asshole and sniff your finger, enjoying your own." Dudes got their heads so far up their asses that I'm sure someone is going to get choked to death by their own asshole before summer's out.

I feel you.

Pretty good. Great if he improves more and he seems to do that. Again people would be surprised by his actual skills.

Rafael dos Anjos could definitely beat him, would be closer than the Pettis fight but could look similar.

Anthony Pettis would look like the Dos Anjos fight, McGregor pace and in your face style would have Pettis struggling.

Donald Cerrone he beats Cerrone if he avoids the kicks...Cerrone showed poor boxing defence against Nate and Conor has the best boxing in MMA right now.

Khabib Nurmagomedov Conor gets grapple fucked most likely.

Eddie Alvarez would be stopped by McGregor...he is too hittable.

Michael Johnson could pose problems with his wrestling, but if he bullrushes in like he has been doing he could get countered and finished.

Benson Henderson 50/50 fight I think, Benson has a good style to beat him but I think McGregor would hurt Benson.

Edson Barboza doesn't deal with pressure well and would get clipped and finished before he could get comfortable.

Myles Jury would get finished.

Tony Ferguson would be a good fight but Tony leaves holes that McGregor could take advantage of, would for sure be a fun one.
The only things i agree would be...conor beats eddie alvarez and miles jury...i cant decide about michael jhonson...as u said if he bullrushes he cud definately get KO'd...but if he plays smart...his wrestling and strenght cud b too much for conor...rather than those fights...i think fight against pettis wud b interesting...i find pettis more dynamic of a strike overall....tho conor might be the better boxer...i dont see conor beating anyone else...esp...RDA..kabib and bendo....i dont think conor can beat bendo in anything

I feel you.

I fell out of Sherdog for a few months, and my quality of life has improved dramatically since I came back. I get more laughs from this place than any 30 friends sharing memes on FB, plus the incredulity I get to experience on the daily from this place.

And to add on it...lets first see conor beat the likes of aldo and edgar...or beat mendez and holloway in a rematch....then we can talk about LW...ppl say conor will not be the same in LW...and i totally agree...he will b bigger and better ofc...but when it comes to getting better...look at max holloway....he aint the same fighter who lost against conor...ring any bell?? I wud love to see conor legitimately clear the FW division before we talk LW...esp if he can beat aldo

RDA: finishes McGregor within two rounds
Pettis: fun fight, but subs McGregor
Cerrone: fun fight, subs McGregor
Khabib: finishes McGregor within three rounds
Alvarez: beats McGregor by ud
Johnson: beats McGregor by ud
Benson: subs McGregor
Barboza: fun fight, finishes McGregor within four rounds
Jury: McGregor wins via split dec
Ferguson: fun fight, beats McGregor by ud

Other 155..
Nate Diaz: fun fight, subs McGregor
Felder: fun fight, finishes McGregor
Melendez: finishes McGregor
Yancy: beats McGregor by ud

Most of these are valid predictions, but seriously?

tumblr_inline_np4qg5G5wk1t7z78b_500.gif

Khabib can't even finish a training camp these days, let alone a fight. His last finish was against Thiago Tavares for crying out loud.

And Yancy...would make a fine Bellator fighter. LW Poirier vs LW Conor would basically be the same fight as UFC 178 for those of you who think otherwise.

conor would be top 5, but I think he definitely loses to rda, khabib, and pettis. cerrone and Johnson are tossups, he beats the rest.

knocking out a fw who walk usually around 165 is way easier than knocking out the average lightweight who cut from around 185. I'd even say someone like Kevin Lee would tool Mcgregor around for 3 rounds

Conor gaining even more KO power is a scary thought. I think he'd do fine at lightweight.

Conor has great striking and speed, but I think he lacks the physical power to compete with many of the top guys at LW. He definitely poses a threat, but if those guys clinch with him he'd have a lot more trouble getting out of it. Grapplers that could get him to the canvas would pose a huge problem for him, such as Bendo, Khabib, Darriush, and Cerrone if he gets him down.

The striking oriented fighters would be much more interesting, although I think you'd see an increased ability to withstand strikes in some. Johnson, Alvarez, Johnson, Barboza would all be interesting fights that I feel he could win. But I seriously doubt he'd be able to absorb strikes from these guys as he has at FW. These would all be fun to watch.

I think one of the biggest reasons he cuts down to FW is that he is just not as physically large in frame as most lightweights, other than Cerrone who is much taller. I don't think he loses much if any in speed advantage, which could remain a sizeable advantage to him. The biggest question is still his ground game like it is now. If a guy like Bendo gets him down, he would be in a world of trouble as of now. I think he'd likely be very susceptible to being submitted. I'm not convinced he's a natural LW and would be just as competive there like everyone else seems to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back