How well would Conor do against top 10 LW's?

gspfedkobe24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
How would he do against guys like Michael Johnson,Beneil Dariush,Tony Ferguson or Al Iaquinta? Obviously these guys are the bottom ranked guys from the top ten but which one does Conor beat?

Tony Ferguson mauls Conor And Johnson probably grinds him out.

Even Dariush is to big for connie. He'd sub him. Ferguson-toss up. Johnson would lose. Barbosa-undecided. Khabib and rda kill him. Cerrone loses. Pettis- Idk.

Well I played the ufc game on Xbox 1 last night and I was Conor and my friend was gray maynard. We were both ranked at skill level 89 which I thought was strange. But I did really well and won a pretty dominant UD. Lots of strikes to the body.

So I mean, honestly he would do pretty good.

I think he'd do well, I mean the cut at FW is holding him down a bit I think plus he does have the frame for a move to LW. He still holds a reach advantage over the majority of the lightweight top 10 for example.

Khabib and RDA are the only ones who make it interesting.

The rest go down in 2.

He would not just knock them out, he would pick the round.

Rafael dos Anjos could definitely beat him, would be closer than the Pettis fight but could look similar.

Anthony Pettis would look like the Dos Anjos fight, McGregor pace and in your face style would have Pettis struggling.

Donald Cerrone he beats Cerrone if he avoids the kicks...Cerrone showed poor boxing defence against Nate and Conor has the best boxing in MMA right now.

Khabib Nurmagomedov Conor gets grapple fucked most likely.

Eddie Alvarez would be stopped by McGregor...he is too hittable.

Michael Johnson could pose problems with his wrestling, but if he bullrushes in like he has been doing he could get countered and finished.

Benson Henderson 50/50 fight I think, Benson has a good style to beat him but I think McGregor would hurt Benson.

Edson Barboza doesn't deal with pressure well and would get clipped and finished before he could get comfortable.

Myles Jury would get finished.

Tony Ferguson would be a good fight but Tony leaves holes that McGregor could take advantage of, would for sure be a fun one.

Fersugon is a tough fight but still got Conor.
Barboza would be a great striking fight. But Conor would eventually land his left and Barboza can't handle it.
Pettis would be a great fight, idk about this one.
RDA would beat current Conor but I think Conor will improve his TDD and then we would have a fight who can happen anything.
Cerrone would get beaten by him. Conor would to what Diaz did to him before the fight but much better.

People saying he would be too small. I thought this question was assuming he is the same size as his 155 opponents. Like if he moved up to 155 and was the same size on fight night how would he do? In that scenario i say he beats all mentioned in OP.

Rafael dos Anjos could definitely beat him, would be closer than the Pettis fight but could look similar.

Anthony Pettis would look like the Dos Anjos fight, McGregor pace and in your face style would have Pettis struggling.

Donald Cerrone he beats Cerrone if he avoids the kicks...Cerrone showed poor boxing defence against Nate and Conor has the best boxing in MMA right now.

Khabib Nurmagomedov Conor gets grapple fucked most likely.

Eddie Alvarez would be stopped by McGregor...he is too hittable.

Michael Johnson could pose problems with his wrestling, but if he bullrushes in like he has been doing he could get countered and finished.

Benson Henderson 50/50 fight I think, Benson has a good style to beat him but I think McGregor would hurt Benson.

Edson Barboza doesn't deal with pressure well and would get clipped and finished before he could get comfortable.

Myles Jury would get finished.

Tony Ferguson would be a good fight but Tony leaves holes that McGregor could take advantage of, would for sure be a fun one.
Only one i agree with is barboza and maybe jury. But i think the rest beat him easily. Especially bendo, cerrone, rda and Khabib

I dont think he would do very well, I look at the top 10 and there arent many guys I would pick him to win

he gets tibau'd

yes.

I love Alvarez but he doesnt exactly have great striking defense. He takes a lot of risks and gets tagged a lot. Not the best style against Conor. He would have to wrestle to win. Which he could do, but i wouldnt bet on it.

Back