How well would Conor do against top 10 LW's?

We just saw Mcgregor fly all over the states on fight week, take the best wrestler in the division on 2 weeks notice and jump in the cage with a banged up knee but, still KO Chad Mendes inside 2 rounds.

6 fights in the UFC with 5 finished. How people can still make these above outlandish claims is beyond me.

Saying Benson, Cerrone, RDA and Khabib beat him are outlandish claims? Come on, son. All 5 of those guys beat Mendes in much more dominant fashion, but let's skip that.

Each of those guys are significantly larger than him. Conor may have some of the better striking in MMA, but certainly not better than Cerrone, and he couldn't keep in on the feet against the others mentioned. I think Conor would beat the lower half of the top 10, with the exception of maybe Tony and Edson.

RDA: finishes McGregor within two rounds
Pettis: fun fight, but subs McGregor
Cerrone: fun fight, subs McGregor
Khabib: finishes McGregor within three rounds
Alvarez: beats McGregor by ud
Johnson: beats McGregor by ud
Benson: subs McGregor
Barboza: fun fight, finishes McGregor within four rounds
Jury: McGregor wins via split dec
Ferguson: fun fight, beats McGregor by ud

Other 155..
Nate Diaz: fun fight, subs McGregor
Felder: fun fight, finishes McGregor
Melendez: finishes McGregor
Yancy: beats McGregor by ud
I concur but Diaz beats Mcduck by tko me think))

Saying Benson, Cerrone, RDA and Khabib beat him are outlandish claims? Come on, son. All 5 of those guys beat Mendes in much more dominant fashion, but let's skip that.

Each of those guys are significantly larger than him. Conor may have some of the better striking in MMA, but certainly not better than Cerrone, and he couldn't keep in on the feet against the others mentioned. I think Conor would beat the lower half of the top 10, with the exception of maybe Tony and Edson.

This. One thing people don't realize is that Mcgregor may be a lot of things, including one of the best strikers in the sport, but he is not as athletically gifted as they make him out to be. He is a little slow. He has great accuracy and volume, but he's just not the fastest guy around. If you watch the first round of the Mendes fight, you can see the speed discrepancy in exchanges is pretty obvious.

Many times when it comes to striking, speed kills. Mcgregor at LW has no reach advantage over guys like Barboza or Michael Johnson, and they are a hell of a lot faster too. I think people would be surprised at how human they would make him look.

McGregor looks like he uses his chin for defense way too much at FW. People saying he has the best boxing in MMA must not admire slipping punches at all. LW's are going to hit that chin a lot harder than FW's have hit it.

Probably lose to Khabib, although that depends on Khabib's cardio in a 5-rounder where he hasn't fought before...

Beats Cowboy
Has trouble with Barboza, but I'd favor him to win
Beats MJ rather easily
Dariush could finish him, dangerous fight
Beats Green on the feet
Pettis needs to finish him to win, otherwise Conor's taking that decision
Anjos is trouble, he's shown his cardio
Melendez would be tough. Conor won't catch him in a sub like Pettis did and he'd apply that same gameplan for 5 rounds if necessary
Bendo's beatable, but difficult

He'd be in some wars and he'd guaranteed be held down by good wrestlers who know how to grapple and have cardio. LW's just so much better than FW.

Only RDA and Khabib will give him problems imo

He gets crushed by the majority of them. Half his success is based off of his size advantage.

We just saw Mcgregor fly all over the states on fight week, take the best wrestler in the division on 2 weeks notice and jump in the cage with a banged up knee but, still KO Chad Mendes inside 2 rounds.

6 fights in the UFC with 5 finished. How people can still make these above outlandish claims is beyond me.

Best wrestler in the division who was beating him with said wrestling. If not for the short notice he most likely would have won that fight the way it was going. And lets not forget that Chad also had an injury as well.

The obvious words of a Conor fan.

He's a bloody good fighter, I don't see him dominating these fighters but there are a lot he could beat in the top 10.

Come on son, Cerrone has average boxing. If there's such a thing as world class boxing in MMA then Mcgregor is top of the pile. His kicking game is now fantastic, he's faster, more powerful and works at higher pace than Cowboy. He's alkso got a better striking IQ....by far.

I never said those above names wouldn't beat Mendes and you are clearly missing the point. The condition he was in and the way he actually toyed with him on the feet and still knocked him out in 2 was highly impressive...But hey all those guys beat him anyway.

Best wrestler in the division who was beating him with said wrestling. If not for the short notice he most likely would have won that fight the way it was going. And lets not forget that Chad also had an injury as well.

Ya prob would. Poirier would also beat him at LW and if he didn't get that shot behind the ear would have won at FW too. Max would destroy him now also. And, if Brimmage and Siver fought as one, they would put the hurt on him too.

Most of them would crush him, but I can see him having mixed results against #6-#10

Come on son, Cerrone has average boxing. If there's such a thing as world class boxing in MMA then Mcgregor is top of the pile. His kicking game is now fantastic, he's faster, more powerful and works at higher pace than Cowboy. He's alkso got a better striking IQ....by far.

I never said those above names wouldn't beat Mendes and you are clearly missing the point. The condition he was in and the way he actually toyed with him on the feet and still knocked him out in 2 was highly impressive...But hey all those guys beat him anyway.

Cerrone always finds a way to win. Conor doesnt have the power to KO Cerrone like he does everyone else. Cerrone obliterates the body. Conor is fairly slow, plus Cerrone is a much bigger dude and could take him down and elbow the shit out of him. I am ready for Conor to move up in weight. Regarding boxing...I take it you havent noticed that Cerrone has been working on his hands. He out boxed Bendo. I agree that he doesnt seem to be improving, but he has. He is a slow starter, but finds a way to win. World class boxing is fine when you arent being countered to the body by knees.Conor has heavier hands, but NOT heaver kicks. I havent seen many impressive kicks at all that conor has thrown. Its Always the hard left...every time.
Cerrone finished Siver much quicker than Conor.

Ya prob would. Poirier would also beat him at LW and if he didn't get that shot behind the ear would have won at FW too. Max would destroy him now also. And, if Brimmage and Siver fought as one, they would put the hurt on him too.

The shot to the back of the head was unfortunate. It wasnt illegal.

He's favourite over everyone except Khabib and RDA and maybe Pettis.

I think Michael Johnson and Dariush aren't good matchups for Conor either but I still think he has the edge in those fights.

I think only Khabib is a no chance situation though. Can easily see him catching RDA and outpacing Pettis.

Rafael dos Anjos could definitely beat him, would be closer than the Pettis fight but could look similar.

Anthony Pettis would look like the Dos Anjos fight, McGregor pace and in your face style would have Pettis struggling.

Donald Cerrone he beats Cerrone if he avoids the kicks...Cerrone showed poor boxing defence against Nate and Conor has the best boxing in MMA right now.

Khabib Nurmagomedov Conor gets grapple fucked most likely.

Eddie Alvarez would be stopped by McGregor...he is too hittable.

Michael Johnson could pose problems with his wrestling, but if he bullrushes in like he has been doing he could get countered and finished.

Benson Henderson 50/50 fight I think, Benson has a good style to beat him but I think McGregor would hurt Benson.

Edson Barboza doesn't deal with pressure well and would get clipped and finished before he could get comfortable.

Myles Jury would get finished.

Tony Ferguson would be a good fight but Tony leaves holes that McGregor could take advantage of, would for sure be a fun one.

Can he beat Duffy though?

Can he beat Duffy though?

Of course. Duffy beat Conor with no grappling, and Conor has proven so far that he is a better fight than Duffy. Duffy is very good though, hopefully he'll be a top contender.

What's funny is how accurate he is, too. :icon_lol:

If you don't agree, then make a counter argument and break it down and talk about what would happen. Don't go, "this guy would beat Conor because of wrestling." That's pure bullshit. You can't mindlessly shoot for TD's against Conor and expect to win.

If you're Khabib you probably can

It's hard to gauge someone who rarely goes the distance and has so few fights in the UFC. I think it would be disingenuous to say otherwise.

Conor Mc fights at FW for a reason. He'd lose to pretty much all the LWs top 15 and up. Even LW Poirier would probably finish Conor Mc.

Back